anaemic

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
got a letter thru of the hospital today saying i'm slightly anaemic and need to go to my docs to get iron tablets :( iron level's 104. what else can go wrong!!!! explains why i've been tired and feelin like shit for the past couple of weeks tho!

got really fed up and went and bought 2 pineapples and got a jalfrezi!!!! realised it might not have been the best idea tho, cos i'm gona be feeling all shit AND have the shits today now!!!!

I'm aneamic too!!

Have been taking the iron tablets although missed a few which is v.naughty of me.

Me too. Oh adn half of all pregnant women get anaemia. It's kind of normal!

Lots of people are anemic and dont even know it... Dont worry... The anemia and strep B are both getting looked after! It sounds like you have good doctors.

I dont have it but im on iron tablets to prevent it (only one a day)

xx

i think i was just havin a bit of a strop this morning!! my mum said in the olden days they used to give iron tablets to all pregnant women anyway. and yea it does seem like my hospital really are on the ball catchin all the stuff!! am quite impressed withthem actually hehe

i think i was just havin a bit of a strop this morning!! my mum said in the olden days they used to give iron tablets to all pregnant women anyway. and yea it does seem like my hospital really are on the ball catchin all the stuff!! am quite impressed withthem actually hehe

Yeah they did that because it wasn't known that have extra blood cells and fluid so it looks like we've less iron that we really have.

lol you're well clever!! are you like a doctor or somethin? you always know everythin!!

haha she's just a smarty pants!!

I've got to get checked for anemia on Monday as well

lol my mum's a nurse and she never tells me why stuff happens or is done!! she was well suprised when i didnt get put on iron tablets the minute i got pregnant tho!!

lol my mum's a nurse and she never tells me why stuff happens or is done!! she was well suprised when i didnt get put on iron tablets the minute i got pregnant tho!!

:rofl:

I think we end up with about a pint extra but there are not as many extra blood cells made as there is plasma so it's a bit more dilute, hence looking like there is less haemglobin that there really is.

Don't worry, iron tablets are not too bad. You can actually get natural ones at health food shops that are supposedly better on your tummy.

I take the Ferrograd tablets (prescribed ones), they are quite vile tasting though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->