• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Andrew - born at 29 weeks!

Wonderful news!!!!!! Enjoy :happydance:

Oh and he has grown so much! What a difference in him!

I'm so happy for you! Hope to hear he is home soon, he is doing so well :happydance:

Wow so happy for you :happydance:
What a little trouper and I'm loving him in his yellow cardie and hat!
Hope this week goes well and you have him home very soon

Hope the rooming in was successful incase I missed it. Wow soon he will be home. Rooming is so strange at first, sleeping next to your baby you have been visiting for the last couple of months. You can't stop checking they are ok in their cot and you don't sleep at all...it is lovely though as they are totally in your care...at last! Good luck and keep us updated if you can once you get home...x

Well, that didn't go as planned ...

Firstly when I got there, the docs on the ward round had decided that Andrew couldn't leave the ward as they weren't happy about him being off the SaO2 monitor. Cue me getting upset (I'd got myself psyched up for this), and I even offered to have the monitor in the room. Thank goodness the afternoon docs reconsidered and said that he'd be fine so long as the nurses checked him regularly (which they did).

I started to try to BF on demand from 2pm, but he thrashed around and only latched intermittently; after 45 minutes, he'd be so tired that he'd fall asleep from exhaustion rather than fullness, I reckon. I found it totally tiring and demoralising that he'd be upset for an hour, unable to feed properly - the purpose of staying in was to see if he was any better when feeding on demand, but the answer came back as "no", just that he was more desperate and more frantic.

He ended up back on the ward from midnight, having a tube top-up then and again following a BF attempt at 4am. :(

At 8am, I decided not to put him through the misery again, and offered him EBM by bottle. Considering it was his first time, he did brilliantly - duck to water. The big thing is that he settled back to sleep afterwards, rather than lying griping, pouting and wailing.

At lunchtime, I tried him on the breast for 15 mins until he became seriously upset, and then topped him up by bottle (rather than tube). I'll try this again at 4ish.

Hoping tomorrow goes better for you hun the little monkey!! :hugs:

Sorry to hear it did not go to plan...fingers crossed tomorrow is a better day...he will get there in his own time...my LO was the same...she took ages. I swear they just want to stay in NICU/SCBU so they can get all that lovely attention from the nurses. x

The NICU nurses say that Andrew is taking EBM from a bottle just fine - when he's tired, they switch from the Breastflow bottles (which make him work) onto the easier preemie teats - but the big thing is that they are no longer having to feed him by tube :happydance:

Discharge Planning Meeting this afternoon - on what would have been Andrew's due date - fingers crossed everybody!

The NICU nurses say that Andrew is taking EBM from a bottle just fine - when he's tired, they switch from the Breastflow bottles (which make him work) onto the easier preemie teats - but the big thing is that they are no longer having to feed him by tube :happydance:

Discharge Planning Meeting this afternoon - on what would have been Andrew's due date - fingers crossed everybody!

Thats fantastic news1 fingers crossed for you. Well done Andrew! :happydance:

Brilliant! Everything is crossed. Glad the bottles are working out well. I'm sure with some work he'll take to breastfeeding in time.

YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES :happydance: YES

Guess who's coming home?

I'm rooming in tomorrow (Weds) night, and so long as there are no last minute hiccups, Andrew comes home on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and he suckled for about 10 minutes today, despite being half-asleep, without losing the latch!

Well done Andrew :yipee:. I knew it would be good news! :happydance:

Oh that is fantastic news, I am sooooo pleased for you all. Well done Andrew you little star!!

You must be so proud of him and so EXCITED!!! I hope the rooming in goes smoothly, and keep us updated once you get home :hugs:

and so long as there are no last minute hiccups, Andrew comes home on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!
Aw man, that's not right, they won't let him home if he has hiccups....:nope::cry:

:winkwink:

Great news on the breastfeeding too. What a clever boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->