Andrew - born at 29 weeks!

Wow it sounds like he is progressing so well and so quickly! What a brave strong little man! So gorgeous too!
I hope you feel a bit more relaxed now and this is helping your BF...bring on the impatience to get him home. Not long now!

First movement today towards Andrew coming home!

The NICU Matron had a chat to us about Andrew coming home on oxygen (if he doesn't wean before then), as it takes a couple of weeks to organise the meetings, training, home visit & installation etc. We are to let them know in a couple of days if we want them to start this process.

In the meantime, Andrew and I have to get BF sussed. I'm going to be spending all day in the unit, so that I can be there for his feed times but effectively try to feed on demand - so that he learns to feel hunger, rather than simply being content with a regular tube feed.

Then I'll be expected to "room in", so that I can also do night feeds, and learn how to manage his oxygen equipment and monitors.

And then he'll come home :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I don't think we'll manage it by his original due date (3 November), but it should be only a few days after that, I reckon.

So excuse me if I'm not around much for the next few weeks!

FANTASTIC NEWS :happydance: :happydance: he's a real fighter I think you'll start plannig for to come home on oxygen then he'll pleasantly surprise you and wean off it before hometime! :happydance: home and settled in nicely before santa comes x x

Latest photo:-

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/Tigsteroonie/Baby/DSC01600.jpg

*stalks*

He is looking so well! Well done on 4lb, your milkies must be super stuff, fingers crossed for him getting to escpae soon.

So lovely to read about how well Andrew is doing. That's brilliant news about getting started properly on the breast feeding. His weight gain is fantastic too. How exciting that he will be home with you soon!!!!

Brill news Hun - well done Andrew. Enjoy the next part of your journey which is the best part, preparing for your baby to come home xxx

Well done Andrew and Mummy! He is doing so well, you must be really excited! :hugs:

Fantastic news both on Andrew BF'ing and possibly coming home :happydance::happydance:
He is such a little trouper, he seems so strong in his new photo, what a little cutie!!
You must be so excited and proud of your little man!

Can't believe how much he's grown .... wow!! Fantastic news about him starting to move towards going home :hugs:

What fabulous news.....well done Andrew! You must be over the moon at just the thought of having Andrew home with you where he belongs! Great news that he is showing interest in breast feeding too, he is a little star x

Latest weight is 4 lb 4 oz, but I suspect the weight gain to lessen slightly while we get BF established.

Oxygen requirements went down to 0.1 last night for three hours - either boobie juice is really good for him, or he was sooooooooo relieved to be back on cup & tube-feeds for a few hours :rofl:

just sneaking in to see how he's getting on ... brilliantly it seems, well done Andrew and Mum :happydance: hope he comes home really soon!

Mr Grumpy tonight - my first multi-hour session of trying to quieten a crying baby :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->