• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Andrew - born at 29 weeks!

He's looking really well, I'm always amazed how our babies go from a teeny scrap to a strapping bairn so quickly. He is gorgeous and I do love the outfit - where do we get these from?

hes so scummy
:rofl: such an unfortunate typo. We shall assume you meant scRummy :haha:

yep i meant scRummy:blush: i hadnt been up long lol!!!!!!!
also would love to know where to get his lovely outfit xxx

yep i meant scRummy:blush: i hadnt been up long lol!!!!!!!

also would love to know where to get his lovely outfit xxx

I knew you meant that! (hadn't noticed the typo actually)

The CIN babygro came from Asda George (tiny baby size, naturally!)

Wow he has grown...looks so adorable...you must be so proud of your little fighter...how lovely...x

congrats, fab news that hes putting on weight and fighting!! :) xx

He is sooooo sweet! I know you are still struggling with your expressing but you sound like you are doing really well to me. It must be frustrating not making enough but you are still giving him a fantastic start :happydance:

I struggled in hospital expressing in (only ever got 10/20ml) and still do now, but am fine feeding Rose. Have no idea why?!!!

I struggled in hospital expressing in (only ever got 10/20ml) and still do now, but am fine feeding Rose. Have no idea why?!!!
Crap pump?

:happydance: you are funny.

dont think so as had one a home lent from the hospital and different ones to use at both the hospitals.

more like crap boobs!:dohh:

LOL, I had crap boobs too! My nipples are a funny shape now from 2.5 months of being pumped by Medela...aaagh...

I struggled too and weaned Matthew onto formula at 10 weeks, my nips also went a bit wonky from pumping they do go back to normal quite quickly if that helps xx

I'm such a bad correspondent ...

Andrew is doing just fine. He weighed in at 5lb 10oz this week, a gain of almost 10 ounces in a week, which the midwives are putting down to his 1 bottle of formula a day (nutriprem2). He's had to progress to the Tiny Baby clothes rather than premmie clothes! He's had his second RSV jab, and heads back to hospital for his hearing test this week.

Today my parents & nan visited, so we got a photo of the four generations together:

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/Tigsteroonie/Baby/P1020850.jpg

Glad to hear he is doing so well. Are you enjoying it too?

Wow great photo! Glad you are enjoying life at home with Andrew...it only gets better and better...x

:( a bit ...

Andrew had his follow-up hearing test yesterday. He'd had two attempted tests whilst in NICU, the first one he was too unsettled, the second was inconclusive, so he was called into the Audiology department for a thorough check.

It appears that his auditory nerves (between the cochlea and the brain) are not functioning correctly. They feel that some sound is getting through, as he shows a startle reaction to loud noise, but they suspect that the message is jumbled on reaching his brain, rather than clear. This means that he has some hearing difficulty, but it could be simply slightly hard of hearing, it could be worse.

The audiologists are unable to tell us more until Andrew is around 6-8 months corrected, as they need him awake and reacting to assess the clarity of his hearing. They're going to repeat these tests in about 8 weeks time though, as apparently there is a small chance that - due to his prematurity - his auditory nerves are still developing and the brain responses could improve.

Off I now go to find out about baby signing, just in case .........

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Andrew has shown you he is a little fighter hun, this is just more obstacle he'll overcome, im sure this next test will be more positive :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->