anixety panic attacks and depression surpport group

sophxx

Reaction score
does anyone fancy starting a group on here to surpport each other?:flower:

I'm interested! I've been diagnosed with Seasonal Affective Disorder and Social Anxiety Disorder and unofficially with ADHD.

im in, i have Manic Depression, OCD, and Anxiety Attacks

today has been one hell of a day, i frekaed out again about my hsuband leaving for work, but i managed to let him get to the end of the road first ebfore i freaked.

well he txted and said "mum is going to have the baby week nights" i paniced completely as i was already in that frame of mine, i instantly went on the defensive/panic mode and begged him not take my baby away and that i wont let him or her take him i would run away and hide and so forth.

he preceeded to tell me to calm down that he wasnt going to take the baby away but thought that MIL could have baby so i could go back to work. but i DONT want to go back to work, i thought i did but i dont. and im terrified of being around allt hose people again. theres just no way i can do it.

and leave baby with MIL? is he mad? her kids are ALWAYS sick and screaming and causing trouble, i can never get him to nap over ther ebecause the 5 yar old wakes him up because shes always in trouble and screaming. so hed get sick and have no sleep. plus MIL would feed him cookies and chocolate and pizza and crap i dont want him eating, i only just started weaning him BLW with carrots and brocoli and stuff.

well he said sorry he wont take baby away and i need to calm down etc. of course ive now gone downt he depression route and i feel like a really crap mother and wife. *sigh*

today has been one hell of a day, i frekaed out again about my hsuband leaving for work, but i managed to let him get to the end of the road first ebfore i freaked.

well he txted and said "mum is going to have the baby week nights" i paniced completely as i was already in that frame of mine, i instantly went on the defensive/panic mode and begged him not take my baby away and that i wont let him or her take him i would run away and hide and so forth.

he preceeded to tell me to calm down that he wasnt going to take the baby away but thought that MIL could have baby so i could go back to work. but i DONT want to go back to work, i thought i did but i dont. and im terrified of being around allt hose people again. theres just no way i can do it.

and leave baby with MIL? is he mad? her kids are ALWAYS sick and screaming and causing trouble, i can never get him to nap over ther ebecause the 5 yar old wakes him up because shes always in trouble and screaming. so hed get sick and have no sleep. plus MIL would feed him cookies and chocolate and pizza and crap i dont want him eating, i only just started weaning him BLW with carrots and brocoli and stuff.

well he said sorry he wont take baby away and i need to calm down etc. of course ive now gone downt he depression route and i feel like a really crap mother and wife. *sigh*

your not a bad mum at all hun i think most mums will feel like that at some points i know i do

i to hate being in the house on my own my oh works long long days so im alone alot as i panic when going out so its tough

how are you feeling today? x

I'm interested! I've been diagnosed with Seasonal Affective Disorder and Social Anxiety Disorder and unofficially with ADHD.

:wave: i have serve panic disorder and anixety attacks its awful

do you use a light for your sad my friend has one and really likes it?

hope your having a nice new yrs eve x

Hi. Thanks for pointing me over in this direction. It would be great if we could all use this for chatting :)

This is an excellent idea. Hi everyone!

I'm not feeling too anxious today. Although I did go crazy earlier because I dropped my LO's dummy on the floor and then OH proceeded to pick it up and go to put it in his mouth!

I've been very up and down today. Right now I'm feeling calm, but then LO is asleep in bed so that helps.

How is everyone else?

I'm feeling fairly crap today. My mood is the pits. I haven't done a tap all day because my concentration is unbelievably bad when my mood is down. Just feel like curling up into a ball and crying forever.

Thanks Pepsichic for linking this thread. :flower:

I have PND and anxiety. I'm currently being treated with medication and CBT.

I'm having a good day today after a rough few days. I've lost my confidence at work. It's mainly down to the fact my concentration is now terrible. Something that used to take me a couple of hours took all day. :shrug: Saw my Physciatric counsultant this week who has given me a few things to try but if I'm still struggling in a few weeks he'll refer me for occupational therapy.

Looking forward to tomorrow, we're having a little party for Kate. Big step for me to be hosting. A few months ago at my nephews birthday party I was in tears as it felt so claustrophic being with so many people. I also felt like people were watching me and how I was with Kate due to the PND.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. Hope all of you are ok. x

Raggydoll i hope the party goes great for you and Kate tomorrow, just relax and if you need to take yourself off to another room and have a bit of space from everyone else.

needausername *big hugs* its ok not doing anything when your not in the mood, if you cant concentrate dont try and force yourself it will just make things worse, just step back from it and say "i'll do it tomorrow, because today its just not going to happen"

once you admit that your unable to do something its a lot easier to let it go.

eblondie, its good your feeling calm, ive been up and down today as well, but my LO isnt sleeping, the last few days hes suddenly decided bedtime is not for him! once hes asleep its great, but hes fighting sleep suddenly, and normally hes a great sleeper. so i was feeling "ok" earlier, now im feeling a bit anxious and stressed. im home alone though so i cant pass off baby duty to DH.

Thanks PepsiChic. Going to take a short walk today to see if it will help clear my head a bit. I was reading alright for a bit last night then I started having flashbacks from early last year and some of the things that happened so I was wound up and really on edge. I just wish I could run a million miles from those memories.

I don't have children but I have witnessed friends going through that fitting sleep stage with their LO's. It is so stressful so big :hugs::hugs:

Hi Everyone,

I suffer from severe anxiety and depression. i have done on and off since 1999. My CBT therapist thinks I may have a social panic disorder as well as anxiety and depression. I have been so many tablets for this. Last year was a particularly rough year, I had to leave my job last year where i had worked since 2011 in oct, but I have this week started as a self employed carer for a family member and am applying for another part time job. I just cannot cope with working full time :(

I have cut out my sleeping tablets out and the first 7 weeks were hell, but I am getting there now and have cut down on my citalopram by 10mg a couple of weeks ago, and haven't needed to take any of my anxiety tablets for a few weeks. we are going to start ttc in may, and I think I will still be on them. Has anyone been on then while they were pregnant?

Sending everyone hugs xxx

Hi Everyone,

I suffer from severe anxiety and depression. i have done on and off since 1999. My CBT therapist thinks I may have a social panic disorder as well as anxiety and depression. I have been so many tablets for this. Last year was a particularly rough year, I had to leave my job last year where i had worked since 2011 in oct, but I have this week started as a self employed carer for a family member and am applying for another part time job. I just cannot cope with working full time :(

I have cut out my sleeping tablets out and the first 7 weeks were hell, but I am getting there now and have cut down on my citalopram by 10mg a couple of weeks ago, and haven't needed to take any of my anxiety tablets for a few weeks. we are going to start ttc in may, and I think I will still be on them. Has anyone been on then while they were pregnant?

Sending everyone hugs xxx

Most of the time if someone suffers from an Anxiety disorder, it comes hand in hand with many other things, like for me its manic Depression, Seperation/social anixety, panic attacks and OCD. They all set each other off and its a nightmare!

Make sure your doctor/therapist knows that youa re cutting down on your mediccation, its not wise to do this without them knowing, if they already do then thats great and keep going!

You should however talk to your doctor/midwife/OBGYN about the consequences of taking them while pregnant as im not sure how safe that really is going to be. You could always see if a natural medication like Gaba would be safer to take during and after pregnancy.

good luck chick and hoping you get a BFP this year x

Does anyone else do journalling? My counsellor got me to try it and I found it really helps identifying what is REALLY upsetting me or stressing me so I can try better to resolve the problem. Only thing is I have been too depressed and too afraid to do it for nearly 3 months now. I'm thinking of sitting down with my journal tonight after I have watched a dvd.

Does anyone else do journalling? My counsellor got me to try it and I found it really helps identifying what is REALLY upsetting me or stressing me so I can try better to resolve the problem. Only thing is I have been too depressed and too afraid to do it for nearly 3 months now. I'm thinking of sitting down with my journal tonight after I have watched a dvd.

do you mean like a blog/diary?

i have an online blog www.pepsichic.co.uk but i dont tend to put a whole lot on it about my problems because my family read it and i have never been able to be fully open with them about my problems because they dismissed them when i was younger.

i also blog on a site about my true anxiety problems its a forum for people with anxiety disorders. it also have a chat room you can go in and talk to the other members its a lovely forum. ive found it very helpful if anyone wants the forum link just ask!

:hi: Hi. I've had anxiety since I was little. I also have depression and agorophobia. I've cut down my medication since becoming pregnant so I'm trying to deal with that. It hasn't been easy, my sleeping has suffered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->