Announcing pregnancy on Facebook???

Sassy_TTC

Poppy & Zac's Mummy :-D
Reaction score
So we still haven't told anyone (except a few) that we are expecting, thinking of going public next week but I don't know how to do it! :shrug:

What status did you do?xxxx

I announced my pregnancy on Christmas Day and wrote "Katy_28 has more than a turkey in her oven this Christmas" I didn't want to do the whole cryptic message thing, as I didn't want to confuse anyone, lol :wacko:

a scan pic with an announcement saying that you and your partner are expecting ect. x

This time around I put "version 4.0 is scheduled for release 30.05.2011" (cos it's my 4th baby) and a few hours later uploaded my 13 week scan piccy. Everyone cottoned on pretty quickly x

I wrote something like, "I have a bun in the oven and it will be fully baked in May!" But a lot of people didn't notice or realize what I meant because I got a ton of "I didn't know you were pregs" comments when I announced it was a boy a month later. I think putting up a pic at the same time as the announcement would get more people's attention.

I was Boring and just put 'is having another baby'. There's a thread over in 1st tri with heaps of different creative facebook posts announcing pregnancies, but I felt silly using any of them so just went fir the boring and simple option!

I tagged dh in my status asking if it was ok if we told everyone we were expecting! It done the job but I did get a few inbox messages asking if I had ment to spill tho lol

My sister had announced that she was going to be a aunt again. I went on a couple days later and had lots of congratulations:-/ I was just going to put my status as 12 weeks.. And see what I got back.

we texted all mine and OH's family first then later on in the evening we uploaded a scan pic with the caption "New addition to our lil fam.. due june 25th" :)

I really uhm-ed and ah-ed over this as i didn't want it to be too obvious or too cheesy... So in the end i just put 'mummySS is craving gherkins :) '

Most people got it! and my good friends knew already so immediately commented with congratulations etc.

Yep, like most other people, I just uploaded an ultrasound picture with the caption "Coming soon: Raddest kid ever" :haha:

I just uploaded a scan picture to my wall...Once people started seeing it the messages came flowing in...:flower:

I changed my profile picture to my scan picture, then had my Status as:

"Vixiepoo grows people.. What's YOUR superpower? ;)"

:)

I'm reading some of the more creative ways to release the info on facebook and now Im really wishing I would have said something better but I just said that we were expecting a baby and how far along we were. It caught tons of attention because up until I was pregnant I was one of those people that said I really didnt want kids but as soon as I saw BFP I fell in love already

I did it after our 20 week scan... we had known it was a boy for 2 months but, figured 9 months is a long time, and didnt want to bore people with it too early..... plus....really my good friends knew already!

I was just gonna post this picture of Isabella and wait for everyone to figure it out!:happydance:

2011-01 Big Sister.jpg

I was so excited I just blurted out "Guess who's pregnant?!" everywhere. Then I found the thread with all the creative messages and wished I had done something like that. No one really payed attention to my status though, and even after creating a new album with a picture of my BFP entitled "Our First Baby" I still got a lot of "Oh, so-and-so just told me you're pregnant!" That was also after I posted random statuses like "I thought pregnancy would mean nine months WITHOUT cramps!"

Ok I snuck over from 1st tri but this week for my status I put "brushed my teeth without yacking this morning...gonna be a great day!" haha a little more vague but people figured it out quickly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->