Announcing your bfp... How early? Any cool stories?

ashxd

Reaction score
I am 4 weeks today. As my this is my first pregnancy ever after quite some time of trying I am bursting at the seams to tell someone other than my hubby. I realize most people wait to until 8-12 weeks to be sure that the pg is viable. I am excited. If i lose the baby, I'd rather have my family to grieve with then do it silence. Is this fair? My family believes that I will probably never have children so this is incredibly exciting news!

I want to announce it on Christmas. I'll be 6+4 on Christmas and will have had a scan due to my fertility treatments. Does anyone have any fun stories of how they told their families? Any suggestions for a unique surprise?

Love to hear any and all suggestions!:thumbup::thumbup:

Told my parents and sister only.

Tell who you want to tell! I feel how you feel, being alone is grief is miserable.

We are telling on Xmas so long as our scan this Tuesday goes well! We are putting the ultrasound picture into a small box and wrapping it. I'm telling my mom and MIL that their gifts were ordered but haven't arrived, yet, but to open their box for a sneak peek. Then in the box will be the picture and, "Due to arrive August 2015!"

I'm only 4+2 today... I am very scared because we have had losses previously, but I have (secretly) told my twin sister. My DH wants to tell family on Christmas Day... I know that it's just the most wonderful time to share the news, but I am so scared that it will be too early. I am so conflicted. I know it would be lovely but I am also scared of the pressure of having to tell them all if something goes wrong.

For the first one I went through IF treatments which my family knew about so as soon as I got a BFP they knew right away, we told rest of family around 8 weeks and everyone else at 12 weeks after the ultra screen.

This pregnancy I only told my 2 close friends at 7 weeks and waiting to tell family until the holidays where I will be 12 weeks. This time around I'm actually scared to tell them though because I am not sure how they will react (my first is special needs and I hope I'm not judged). I am not worried about DH's parents but more so my mother/family. DH was thinking of putting a pic of our son in a picture frame holding a sono picture to announce it to his parents at xmas.

We are telling my husbands family on Christmas when I'm 8 weeks. I kind of already told mine lol! We bought grandmas cookies for his mom, grandpas soap for his dad, uncle bens ready rice for his brothers, & aunt jemima syrup for his sister. We're going to have them open the gifts at the same time and hopefully they'll get it :)

We are telling everyone on Christmas, I'll be 11 weeks then. We are giving out parents some limes (The size of the baby at 11 weeks), and some prego spaghetti sauce!

To be honest I didn't think I could get pregnant either so I was bursting like you...I found out at around 6 weeks and I told almost everyone right away because I was in shock and awe and I really didn't think about viability at that point, but like you I would rather have their support should something go wrong.

I am thinking of breaking the news to immediate family at Christmas, so I will be about 6-7 weeks at that point. I can't hide it from them, and if we lose the baby I would want them to be part of whats happening for their support!

The only thing is I don't want to steal the thunder from my sister in law, who is expecting her first as well. So I am trying to think of a cute and low key way of breaking the news. Thinking of taking a picture of our DD with a chalk board that says : "Best Big Sister beginning August 2015" or something :)

We have already told family and close friends. Announcing it to the rest of the world on Christmas when I will be 11+2 as long as there's a heartbeat on the doppler at the Dr. next week! :)

Well I'm not letting much ppl know about this one until after 12 weeks because my employer is not going to be happy however last time everyone knew we were trying so when it finally happened at my work place during weekly meetings we sometimes play charades as a team building exercise. When I was ready to tell my staff I had to act out "I'm pregnant " which was pretty funny because my coworker who shouted it out is in her 50s lol. It was a fun announcement. I think I was about 10 weeks or more

We told my parents and in-laws on Thanksgiving with a photo of our feet, our dogs feet, and baby shoes. Took my dad a while to get it, though. Haha! We're telling everyone else TODAY (if my husband gets his way, tomorrow if I get mine). We made a video and we're posting it online.

Thank you everyone! Such awesome stories. I share in most of your concerns. We have decided to tell everyone on Christmas since this is our first we really want it to be special.

I made a photobook with dates and pictures of cool things that happened this year (Birthdays, niece's birth, holidays, etc.) and then on the last page I put December 25th, Everyone finds out that Ash is pregnant!

I'm gonna do some subtle nudging to make sure they all look through and at the same time. What do you think? Corny or cute?! :wacko:

That's such a great idea!!! I love it :)

Aw thank you! I've been super emotional and preggo brained so I thought I might have underestimated the corniness. lol... I think every commercial is cute. Every time someone hugs it cute... etc etc. I'm a weeper apparently.

Omg haha me too! I will be talking to my dh about something nice and I will say "I'm sorry, I have to stop talking, I'm going to cry"... Then proceed to cry... Hahaha

Ash, I love your idea! I think it will be wonderful!

Part of me really wants to tell our parents at Christmas, which I would be 6w2d. DH, though, really wants to wait until around 12 weeks. Which I understand but I know it's going to be torture! Already today talking to my mom on the phone I so wanted to say something as we were talking about my brothers wedding coming up next September! However, if we wait until around 12, I also know there's a decent chance of getting both our sets of parents out to us to tell them in person (we'll be moving around then, so can be a beg for moving help ploy!)...which I would much love to do. If so, I think I want to try coming up with something mildly Valentines Day related since it will be close and...well, I happen to be a v-day birthday lol. :dohh: We'll see. As for telling everybody else, I really want to do a photo shoot with our 2 dogs and one of those "Mom and Dad are getting us a human" signs :)

Omg haha me too! I will be talking to my dh about something nice and I will say "I'm sorry, I have to stop talking, I'm going to cry"... Then proceed to cry... Hahaha

I feel for you. MY OH thinks it funny. He's never really seen me emotional before so he gets a kick out of it. Hopefully it'll get better!

Ash, I love your idea! I think it will be wonderful!

Part of me really wants to tell our parents at Christmas, which I would be 6w2d. DH, though, really wants to wait until around 12 weeks. Which I understand but I know it's going to be torture! Already today talking to my mom on the phone I so wanted to say something as we were talking about my brothers wedding coming up next September! However, if we wait until around 12, I also know there's a decent chance of getting both our sets of parents out to us to tell them in person (we'll be moving around then, so can be a beg for moving help ploy!)...which I would much love to do. If so, I think I want to try coming up with something mildly Valentines Day related since it will be close and...well, I happen to be a v-day birthday lol. :dohh: We'll see. As for telling everybody else, I really want to do a photo shoot with our 2 dogs and one of those "Mom and Dad are getting us a human" signs :)

I couldn't wait that long. It would drive me batty. But a Valentine's Day announcement sounds so cute too. No offense to your birthday but I dislike V-day... too mushy for me (when not pregnant, pregnant me is gonna eat it up this year) but announcing would make it so special and about TRUE love and not about selling cards!!

Ha, trust me...no offense taken! Ironically, I happen to hate the day! I think most of that comes from the irritation of high school and "friends" deciding they suddenly couldn't celebrate my birthday on my birthday because they suddenly have a bf lol. Yet I was always around for all of their "normal" birthdays. Ever since I realized just how overrated and commercialized it is. One year my amazing parents took me on their date because they weren't about to leave their girl home alone on her birthday :cry:...haha, oh dear, getting weepy recalling that. I've got pretty awesome parents. Which makes it torture to wait...trying to give DH input, too, though. But yeah, being 12 weeks shortly before then if little bean sticks, I'm totally going to eat it up in a legit way! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->