Announcing your bfp... How early? Any cool stories?

Ha, trust me...no offense taken! Ironically, I happen to hate the day! I think most of that comes from the irritation of high school and "friends" deciding they suddenly couldn't celebrate my birthday on my birthday because they suddenly have a bf lol. Yet I was always around for all of their "normal" birthdays. Ever since I realized just how overrated and commercialized it is. One year my amazing parents took me on their date because they weren't about to leave their girl home alone on her birthday :cry:...haha, oh dear, getting weepy recalling that. I've got pretty awesome parents. Which makes it torture to wait...trying to give DH input, too, though. But yeah, being 12 weeks shortly before then if little bean sticks, I'm totally going to eat it up in a legit way! :haha:

Aw omg.. bless your heart. I didn't even think about people doing V-day stuff and not celebrating yours. I'm as bad as they are! lol :(

My father is my best friend and holding this from him (especially because he thinks I'm never going to get pregnant) is killing me. I cannot wait to tell him. When is your due date?It's probably in your siggy but I am already in the reply box and cant see it (aka LAZY)

Something tells me you're not as bad as they were lol. It's really not something someone thinks about unless they're exposed to it I honestly believe.

No worries, Aug 18th. I completely understand how you feel still keeping it from your father. Before we were actually trying I was once on the phone with my mom and she had me on speaker. I don't remember what the conversation was that made my dad say it but I heard him in the background saying "At this rate, I'll be gone before I get to be a grandpa" Ugggh, crushed me. So I just so badly want to tell him! He's honestly not "that" old but he has had some health issues the past few years. I just cannot wait to give him the news!

We told our family right away, and then everyone else at a little over 7 weeks when we had already saw the baby heartbeat etc. I didn't want to hold in my excitement and if something was to go wrong I would need the support of family and friends so I'm glad I told! I just saw my baby today and wow they grow fast so cute like a little gummybear :D

His parents we asked "so how do you feel about being grandparents again?" We had infertility stuff and this is our first so they really were shocked there faces just lite up with joy and they were freaking out! To friends I took a picture of my dog with the what to expect when your expecting book, booties, and first ultrasound pic. I put studying to be a big sister is hard work! :)

His parents we asked "so how do you feel about being grandparents again?" We had infertility stuff and this is our first so they really were shocked there faces just lite up with joy and they were freaking out! To friends I took a picture of my dog with the what to expect when your expecting book, booties, and first ultrasound pic. I put studying to be a big sister is hard work! :)

Aw! LOVE the dog idea... I'm a self proclaimed crazy dog lady so it would be suiting for me to do something with my pups! I'm hoping my family is excited. IDK what to expect reaction wise.

Something tells me you're not as bad as they were lol. It's really not something someone thinks about unless they're exposed to it I honestly believe.

No worries, Aug 18th. I completely understand how you feel still keeping it from your father. Before we were actually trying I was once on the phone with my mom and she had me on speaker. I don't remember what the conversation was that made my dad say it but I heard him in the background saying "At this rate, I'll be gone before I get to be a grandpa" Ugggh, crushed me. So I just so badly want to tell him! He's honestly not "that" old but he has had some health issues the past few years. I just cannot wait to give him the news!

OMG. How sad it that to hear? It's going to be amazing to tell him though.

Love the dog idea! I want to incorporate mine into the announcement, too.

Ash, I agree, it will be amazing to finally tell him. Wish I could convince DH of earlier, but I doubt I will lol.

go for it and tell them if you feel excited! i didn't and i regretted it so much when we lost our angels, as i felt so alone and isolated and some of them never understood my grief as they themselves never got to live the joy of it too.

breaking the shittiest news of "i WAS pregnant" sucks so bad. i never got to share the excitement. speaking out of my personal experience, if you feel like it do it. it is a priceless moment in life and every pregnancy should be enjoyed and celebrated.

i wish you a smooth and healthy pregnancy and baby!

For my wedding date announcement she was apart of it too. She wore a heart sign saying my parents are getting married and we were behind her kissing! Its really cute! Pinterest is a good site for ideas I just took some ideas and my made own mixing them :)

We are going to tell our immediate family (parents and siblings) on Christmas if all goes well at my first scan tomorrow. DS (18 months) is going to wear a big brother shirt on Christmas morning when we bring him over to do Christmas festivities. We probably won't tell friends and extended family until we have our 12 week scan.

We were actually 13 weeks along with DS at Christmas time two years ago, so that time we waited until then to tell everyone and got our parents grandparent ornaments

Not sure... I had a mmc at 11 weeks last year. We hadn't told anyone at that point and it was awful to go through that alone... might tell dh at weekend... :)

we will be announcing on christmas eve and christmas to our parents and siblings!! I have not have my first ultrasound yet, wont get it until 8 weeks. I'll be 7 weeks on christmas eve though!

Ok so we decided to tell my mother in law last night, we put our DS in a "big brother" shirt and it took her a while to figure it out but once she did she seemed excited. However later on she asks me "were you trying or was it an accident?" what kind of question is that? I felt SO awkward!!

Ok so we decided to tell my mother in law last night, we put our DS in a "big brother" shirt and it took her a while to figure it out but once she did she seemed excited. However later on she asks me "were you trying or was it an accident?" what kind of question is that? I felt SO awkward!!

OMG! That is really awkward! Lol!!!!! :haha::hugs:

I had a miscarriage a couple of months ago and we had told my parents before it happened and the first question my mum asked was "were you trying?" - whyyyy does that matter anyway?

Also we are telling our parents on Christmas. I put a baby on board sign for the car, and I've put it in a box for my parents to unwrap on Christmas day :)

I announced at Christmas one year... Spent a month basking in the glow of my family/friends and the future... A month later, I found out she had anencephaly (which sometimes can't be diagnosed for sure until at least 16 weeks). :cry: If I'd had any idea that was possible, I would've waited to let the news out, but my doctors didn't inform me of the possibility. They just said once I got out of the first trimester, it was safe to tell people. :nope:

I wish I hadn't told anyone, because having to go around taking the news back was almost as bad as the loss itself. Some of my family & friends have still not spoken to me since-- just too awkward, I guess. Most people either were afraid to say anything or they said really insensitive things, so it damaged a lot of my relationships. :wacko: A year later, my boss fired me. She said had been planning to fire me earlier, but she kept me on longer even though she thought I was doing a crappy job, because she'd "felt sorry for me." That felt wonderful... :dohh:

If I ever conceive again, I am not going to tell anyone besides my husband and maybe my dad, until I'm six months gone, showing, and can no longer keep it secret. Assuming all goes well.

We plan to tell both sets of parents on Christmas. I bought two onseies on Etsy that say "Guess who's going to be grandparents?". I have told my bf and people at work so they know why I have all these appointments. DH told all his coworkers and I think we plan to announce it officially after the New Year when I get my first US.

OMG! That is really awkward! Lol!!!!! :haha::hugs:

I know, right?!!

Update: The photobook went AMAZING! All smiles and happy tears.

Almost 7 weeks and saw a STRONG heartbeat at my appointment on Christmas Eve! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! :happydance::thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->