~ Anorexia, Bulimia & Eating Disorder Support Thread ~

Yes! I'm still here.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

I've been doing okay, but have had some bad days lately.

They didn't check the baby but my weight is stable i'm into a new counseling that i start on friday. I was given zofran but I don't know why I dont get nauseas but he insisted I take it

Pleased to hear you appointment went okay. :)

I've surprisingly been doing really well. Morning sickness kinda curbs my purge urge. So i've actually been able to keep things down from time to time. Saw baby tonight measuring a few days small but they say everything looks good and baby has a steady strong heart beat.

I am so down and out right now.
I have just started back at uni, I have gained a few pounds over the summer and I was a bit paranoid as I was always the thinnest in my group of friends so I was worried would look way bigger. At the start (last week) I felt ok but started restricting but not too bad just to lose a few pounds, however my tutor I met on Friday has an eating disorder and talks openly about it.
It's triggering me massively, she is tiny and relishes in how small her frame is, I cant concentrate on anything and my competitive streak wants to get thinner than her. Irrational, stupid and wrong but I cannot control how I feel I have upped my restricting, I cant exercise yet as my foot is still bad, I am already grumpy etc. as food is never off my mind and I cannot focus at all.
Sorry for the rant of gibberish I am in an all time low and I cannot be bothered with anything atm.

maybe baby that is terrible of your tutor - is there any chance you could request a new one? I would definitely be very triggered by that too!

Its happening again. I am obsessing over food and my weight, this stress.is killing me :( I just feel so horrid about myself all the time...

wow i have to say im new to this site and wasen't expecting an thread like this, its amazing to know im not the only person who is suffering with an eating disorder (i mean i ov know im not the only person but i have never been able to talk to anyone who was also suffering)

i have been bulimic for about 3 or so years and managed to loose alot of weight, so now even though being pregnant was something i have wanted for a long time im freaking out over every pound i gain. i know that it is healthy weight but i cant help but feel like im looseing controle, just seeing that there are others who are expecting and finding it hard to makes me feel so much better, i feel so guilty because i know i will have my baby after but i dont know how to deal with the pregnancy, any advice would be muchly apprectated

^ I got through my pregnancy by this thread and by thinking about my baby every time I wanted to purge. Yoga helped a lot too cause it felt like I wasn't being epically lazy lol.

I hope people write here to help you as they have always helped me :)
Just take every day as it comes is my advise and think about your LO everytime you have triggers remember you are carrying your life and that need nourished :thumbup:

I guess I'll give a little update. I'm doing really well surprisingly. I have been trying so hard to eat because my morning sickness was so bad that, I wasn't having to think about binging because I couldn't stop vomiting from the ms. Now that the ms is better I still have been having trouble with vomiting if my body thinks i've eaten to much, so I've been working really hard to eat small little meals. I have found I can easily keep down a few carrots or pieces of apple at a time so I have kinda come to rely on them. Surprisingly even at 14 weeks pregnant I am losing weight, and it's not due to my small eating it's due to me trying so hard to eat small little meals and not starving my body or my baby. Baby infact has a nice big belly chubby little thighs and is measuring 5 days ahead. When they told me baby was nice and big and healthy it kind of gave me another boost to keep trying really hard so i can keep giving my baby everything to keep growing so well. so Yeah i guess that's whats going on here.

Excellent news that your baby is measuring well. :) Why not try eating 1 additional item a week and see how your body copes with that? Make it something that isn't triggering and that you feel comfortable eating. If you are able to keep it down then that could help with slowing your weight loss. :) Best of luck. :thumbup:

I have just found out that I am pregnant. It was planned and I am ectastic (so is my partner) but I am very frightened of how my bulimia will react to it. I was heavily bulimic throughout my last pregnancy but even though my daughter was healthy I never, ever want to take that risk again. I am going to need a lot of support during this pregnancy.

Thanks, They actually arn't concerned with the weight loss, They say it's perfectly healthy because i'm a little over weight. My body has been in starvation mode because of the bulimia and so it was storing any little thing I let stay down. Now that i'm feeding it regularly it's not in starvation mode it is using those reserves for baby and burning the extras off now. It's actually proof to the therapist and doctor that i'm eating I guess.. idk

I'm just below the caloric intake they want me at so I do have to try an add one more item at least a day, we are trying to figure out what that's going to be.

Congrats on your pregnancy that is so wonderful. It feels like forever ago that I was where you were. I really wish you the best with your bulimia. Keep us updated on how your doing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->