~ Anorexia, Bulimia & Eating Disorder Support Thread ~

It's a beautiful poem.
Anyone else 'back there'? I feel so alone atm :(

I am but I'm so absorbed I can't think about anything else other than losing weight again and I have lost a good bit but cannot see it :cry: I am soooo triggered ATM and I don't want help :(

I hope everyone is okay. Here's a song I wrote. My voice is tired and a bit rubbish but still. I've posted it here because it's where it'll be related to I guess. I've performed it at a few gigs and people don't really know what to say. I'm still a little nervous about it so i'm being brave and letting you hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQClxlpbJmo

Wow that was so good! Your voice is beautiful and I love the lyrics even though they are very sad :(

hope you don't mind me sharing a song I wrote a few years ago - my voice isn't very good and neither is the song but I really enjoy writing music, I always found it very therapeutic. I would never ever ever have the guts to perform in public though - its a big enough deal that I share it with strangers online! Do you perform a lot Jellyt? I would love to hear some of your other songs.

https://vimeo.com/4375919

Wow that was so good! Your voice is beautiful and I love the lyrics even though they are very sad :(

hope you don't mind me sharing a song I wrote a few years ago - my voice isn't very good and neither is the song but I really enjoy writing music, I always found it very therapeutic. I would never ever ever have the guts to perform in public though - its a big enough deal that I share it with strangers online! Do you perform a lot Jellyt? I would love to hear some of your other songs.

Aww thank you. I actually think you have a really nice voice and your lyrics are really powerful!
I used to perform a lot before having Evelyn but since then i've kinda lost my confidence. I did my first gig for three months on Sunday though and it went quite well so i'm hoping to do more in the summer. I'll be putting some more stuff on my youtube channel in the next few weeks and I have a website https://www.beckyedwardsmusic.co.uk so check in :p. Do you have any other songs? I'd love to listen too.

Are any other girls in ED recovery out there right now? :/ Been having a rough time...

I've been fighting bulimia for ten years, but in the last four or five it's been bulimia non-purging type. I binge then starve myself for weeks...I'm still pregnant, and recently got "on track" with my weight gain according to my doctor, but it is making me panic horribly! Every time I see that big red number I feel myself want to shut down and stop eating...I'm now weighing myself at home even multiple times a day :( I'm hungry all the time, but when he doesn't have his foot against my stomach, I still can't do it...

I'm recovering from bulimia at the moment too. I've got some CBT sessions starting at the Maudsley at the end of this month. I'm so scared but have got to do this for both myself and my daughter. I want her to have a happy and healthy mummmy. :)

I went through CBT for about four years, and it was a huge part of be getting anywhere near recovery. I understand coping skills backwards and forwards now, but it took a long time for them to become second-nature. Goodluck to you :) It's hard at first, I wanted to give up on learning how to change my behaviours a lot the first two years.
I did DBT for a while, but gave up on it, which I shouldn't have.

I am worried I won't be able to lose weight post pregnancy in a healthy way :(

Are you planning to BF as that can help with losing the baby weight. Before LO gets here, why not prepare some healthy meals in bulk and then freeze them? Also, stock up your cupboards with healthy, nutritious snacks so you have something ready if you feel hungry?

Yeah I am. Hopefully I'll be able to, my mum tried but couldn't but I think that's because she went back on birth control immediately.

Yeah, that's a good idea. WIC being my only source of food might not be a bad thing, since everything is healthy :haha: Every time I know I am going to start eating healthily, all I can think about is junk foods and starches :wacko:

Starches are okay! :) Try to go for wholegrain varieties where you can as they contain more B vitamins and fibre which help with regulating your bowels, energy and mood. The odd bit of junk food is fine as long as you don't overdo it. Why not treat yourself to something once a week? That way, you aren't depriving yourself but have something to look forward to. :thumbup: I'd also advise taking a multivitamin post birth just to help with those nutrient levels. :hugs:

The problem with starches is I'm partially insulin-resistant and don't metabolize it right. Plus when I do it, I overdo it pretty badly....The all-or-nothing thinking >.<

That's a good idea though, maybe make sure to set aside a snack or dessert or something once a week so I don't break down and binge so bad. I'm hoping I don't stay anemic too long after pregnancy, they have me taking iron currently.

Do you eat any iron rich foods? The best sources are from red meat but you can also get it from legumes (pulses), nuts, baked beans and green leafy veg. Try incorporating a portion or two of this into your diet if you can. :)

You still need starches even if you are insulin resistant. Perhaps just be more aware about how much you eat (i.e. portion size). You need them for energy otherwise your body will really struggle to function. How about just trying something small like a slice of bread or one weetabix? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->