Another Cloth Diaper Question...

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
So OH and I are at odds again with what diapers to use. We had been using Gdiapers, but they are really freakin' expensive for the liners! 40 costs about $20, and at night you need to use two liners to prevent leaks! For a comparason, Pampers (premium brand) run about $22 for 72 disposable diapers. I want to save the environment, but not at the cost of my bank account!

So I've been contemplating cloth diapers. A friend uses Bumgenius, and loves them. Costly investment though, as she has about $500 worth of cloth diapers for her son. However, they are the "all in ones" so technically she'll never have to buy diapers again... so it's a small price to pay in comparason.

My cons are this: I can't stand rinsing out poopy diapers. How do you ladies do it? Claire doesn't have solid bowel movements yet, it seems really messy. I suppose now that she's more or less sleeping through the night it won't be so bad (I hated having to rinse out the liners for the Gdiapers at 3am!).

How are your diapers for blowouts? Do they leak? Any tips? I know my OH would LOVE if I would switch to Cloth Diapers, but he won't push the issue as I'm the one who mainly deals with the diapers, therefore I have the final say.

Any ideas/hints/tricks/tips?

Greatly appreciated, ladies!

Before Hayden was on solids, so he had runny breastfed poops, I didn't nothing with the diaper, just put them in the pail and then we did a rinse in the washer, then hot wash, extra rinse and dry...never stained, always completely clean. Once he started solids we bought a diaper sprayer so now we just spray it off into the toilet and flush it, then put the diaper into the pail...so it's really not that messy or anything. I have WAY More diapers than I really need..but if I were you I would do something like Fuzzi Bunz (they have one size now, so would last through potty training) But my son can still wear the smalls at 18mo old so I really think they will last through potty training too. Also Bumgenius are goo, but I personally like the organic aio..which are also one size, they dry faster than the other bum genius aio with the way the inserts are attached. I really like cloth MUCH better, I only did disposables with my older 2 and Hayden has been full cloth since 4mo old an I think it's much much better, and really not much harder. Yeah it's more up front but saves in the end if you don't just keep buying like me haha

I dont rinse oscars nappies (we use bumgenius) I just throw the paper liner down to toilet and put the nappy in a dry pail. I then wash every other night. None of mine have stained at all. They are really good for leaks but to be honest I havent tried them at night. oscar has a disposable on so that its one less thing to wake him up! We average about 10 disposables a week so about £5 every month and have 6 bumgenius and 10 terry squares which sees us through 2 days.

I have no answers as we use disposables BUT a friend of mine uses bumgenious ones and LOVES them as she doesnt have to use the liners..she said they are the best investment they made!

I have no answers as we use disposables BUT a friend of mine uses bumgenious ones and LOVES them as she doesnt have to use the liners..she said they are the best investment they made!

Funny you say that, that's what my friend says about them as well. We may go to the store that sells them tomorrow. We'd go today but it's Good Friday and everything is shut down!

Tyff, check out Happy Nappy diaper service. It might be the third option for you. That's what I use and I love them! I believe they have operations all over Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->