Another Fenugreek Question!!

saraendepity

Daisy's Mummy and TTC!
Reaction score
ok so i took fenugreek a while ago ago for a few weks to get my supply up but stopped taking it but i'm convinced my supply is dwindling again:( is it ok to start taking again ?? last time i was taking 1 talet (ergh) 3 times a day but it says on the bottle i can take 2 tabs x3 a day wouldthis be better at getting my supply up?? also how quickly will it start to work if i do start again? i forgotten from last time it was all a huge big blur !!!

thanks in advance girls

sara

xxxxxxxxx

Heya Hun. Ive not had any experience with fenugreek, although did consider it on several occasions. What is it that makes you think your supply is dwindling hun? :hugs:xxxx

she's not been gaining weight (virtually nothing so i've had to top up with formula):cry: never settled unless she's had her formula will only sleep for about 10 mins thru the day at a time and only sleeps 4-5 times thru the day Surely 50 mins isnt enough thru the day?) and when i pump i can only get MAX 1 OZ in total from both sides after a good hour or so with my swing?? i just feel like i have nothing anymore too :cry: why is this soo hard :grr:

sara

xxxxxxx

Aww hon, huge :hug:

It sounds as though your supply is regulating rather than dwindling so that it's more of a supply and demand thing. I think it's pretty normal to only get about 1oz when pumping at this stage too.

I've had the same worries with weight gain but as long as you're having the wet and dirty nappies then I wouldn't worry too much. I think the napping etc is something that moreso develops over time and for us anyway didn't have much relation to feeding. We've only just started to crack the napping thing and that was with alot of dedicated work...

No harm taking the fenugreek again though if you want, I'd say the same doseage, can't remember exactly but I think it was 2 tablets 3 times a day :hugs:

Aww hon, huge :hug:

It sounds as though your supply is regulating rather than dwindling so that it's more of a supply and demand thing. I think it's pretty normal to only get about 1oz when pumping at this stage too.

I've had the same worries with weight gain but as long as you're having the wet and dirty nappies then I wouldn't worry too much. I think the napping etc is something that moreso develops over time and for us anyway didn't have much relation to feeding. We've only just started to crack the napping thing and that was with alot of dedicated work...

No harm taking the fenugreek again though if you want, I'd say the same doseage, can't remember exactly but I think it was 2 tablets 3 times a day :hugs:

thanks hun, i thought that - will just have to deal with the nappin thing for now...i sometimes think i expect her to behave like a 6 month old rather than a 10 week old !!!!! ah well will try the fenugreek for a couple of weeks n see how it goes

sara

xxxxxxxxx

Aww Hun! When you say she's not gaining weight do you mean she's just gaining small amounts? Because Layla was exactly the same. Was right at the bottom of the chart, some weeks only gained an oz or so. TBH the worst thing I think you can do for your supply is give formula. babies mostly drink formula even after a full milk feed. I never was able to express more than 2oz so gave up as it made me feel depressed. expressing is no way of measuring how much milk you have. Layla never slept in the day either.. only ever on me whilsy feeding. only at about 5 months she started taking naps! Layla used to feed every 1.5 to 2.4 hours in the day which is very very tiring I know, but its normal. Daisy is still so tiny and probably just feels she needs to be by her mummy so doesnt like it if you try and put her down for a nap. I can totally sympathise with this! it is soooo hard, but it will get better. Trust your boobies! She's probably just a petite little thing! :hugs: If you wana chat just PM me or I'll give you my MSN addy. From someone who had a slow weight gainer too, I know how hard it is and how much worry it causes, but 9/10 I think its not the supply thats the issue and she will gain weight in her own time. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww Hun! When you say she's not gaining weight do you mean she's just gaining small amounts? Because Layla was exactly the same. Was right at the bottom of the chart, some weeks only gained an oz or so. TBH the worst thing I think you can do for your supply is give formula. babies mostly drink formula even after a full milk feed. I never was able to express more than 2oz so gave up as it made me feel depressed. expressing is no way of measuring how much milk you have. Layla never slept in the day either.. only ever on me whilsy feeding. only at about 5 months she started taking naps! Layla used to feed every 1.5 to 2.4 hours in the day which is very very tiring I know, but its normal. Daisy is still so tiny and probably just feels she needs to be by her mummy so doesnt like it if you try and put her down for a nap. I can totally sympathise with this! it is soooo hard, but it will get better. Trust your boobies! She's probably just a petite little thing! :hugs: If you wana chat just PM me or I'll give you my MSN addy. From someone who had a slow weight gainer too, I know how hard it is and how much worry it causes, but 9/10 I think its not the supply thats the issue and she will gain weight in her own time. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks hun thats really reassuring - re weight gain some weeks she was not gaining at all!! even losing tiny amounts once !! hence the formula. i'm just giving in to the pressure i think - all of my family are against bfing and keep saying that if i gave her a 'proper feed' she would be happy and content!?!?! and cos of the poor weight / lack of weight gain i just feel like a total failure and have been very close to giving up :( :grr: why does it have to be so hard :cry: thanks for all your support ladies!! i dont think i'd still bf if it wasn't for all of you :kiss::hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxx

Firstly, they can all sod off as all thats guna do is make you even more worried/stressed out about it. They need a good telling off if you ask me and I will happily come round and do it!!! :grr:. When Layla and I had a bad week with weight gain, I'd get into bed with her with no top on and just have loads of skin to skin and let her feed as much as she liked. Its hard when they sleep on the boob. layla did this all the time and Im convinced thats why she gained slowly as she wasnt getting full feeds, just little bits here and there. It does get easier hun... And then you will be SO glad you stuck at it. Layla now feeds for about 10 mins tops at a time... it used to be anthing from 45-90 mins a feed.. !! I hope you're getting the help you need with other things about the house etc.. can be hard trying to do it all when youve got a baby attached to your boob for the majority of the day. And also hope that you're eating well. VERY Important for BF mamas! xxxxxxx

i was taking fenugreek in the beginning to up my milk supply too. i actually read online that the recomended dosage, for the 600 mil. tablets was 3 pills 3x a day. when you begin to smell like maple syrup, you know youve got the proper dose

i was taking fenugreek in the beginning to up my milk supply too. i actually read online that the recomended dosage, for the 600 mil. tablets was 3 pills 3x a day. when you begin to smell like maple syrup, you know youve got the proper dose

lol well i stink of curry at the moment, does that count??:haha::haha:

I would take it sometimes while nursing Hayden, like if he got sick and went through a spurt where he was barely nursing, but then got better and wanted more than what I was producing then. But I would take 2-3 as couple times a day and it would work within 24-48hrs for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->