Antenatal depression?? :(

Has anyone not suffered with depression at all before, and always found it very easy to cope with things etc but only now are they getting these feelings? So it's completely pregnancy hormones related?

I know that it's more likely in those that have suffered previously but just wondered if there's anyone else like me out there who hasn't

i never suffered with depression before becoming pregnant with zane, just all the problems id had before hand all came to the service and exploded basicaly.

this time i dont feel depressed but due to recent events i am going to counciling so that i dont get effected by depression again

Has anyone not suffered with depression at all before, and always found it very easy to cope with things etc but only now are they getting these feelings? So it's completely pregnancy hormones related?

I know that it's more likely in those that have suffered previously but just wondered if there's anyone else like me out there who hasn't

i never suffered with depression before becoming pregnant with zane, just all the problems id had before hand all came to the service and exploded basicaly.

this time i dont feel depressed but due to recent events i am going to counciling so that i dont get effected by depression again

Thank you so much, at least I know it's not just me :)

Will be interesting to see if the doctor puts a label on my feelings or says it's just down to the normal stresses I'm facing thanks to our current situation?!

Hi all, I am new to this so forgive me if this post ends up in the wrong place! I am 35 weeks into my third pregnancy and was diagnosed with antenatal depression 2 weeks ago. I suffered PND in both my previous pregnancies, first time round I ended up having a nervous breakdown, however think this was compounded by the unstable/unsupportive relationship I was in at the time. I was on medication for 18 months and had councelling from a psyc nurse. Second time around I started feeling very emotional and down about 4 weeks before my due date, I did and said nothing until my 6 week check where I was given medication, my marriage was under strain but we got through it. This time my husband has noticed the change in me and encouraged me to tell the midwife. I have since been put on amitryptaline tablets as the benefits to me outweigh the risks and I would rather try and nip it in the bud than become very ill again. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to let those of you know who are suffering that there is light at the end of the tunnel and at the end of the day if you need treatment then take it....your baby needs a functioning stable mum.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->