Antihistamines

nin0438

Reaction score
I am currently WTT but hoping to be joining you in the next couple of months. I am allergic to quite alot of stuff and am currently taking 10mg of the antihistamine cetirazine a day. Do any of you know whether I can still take this when I start to TTC ??

Thanks

i usually take allergy pills daily (otc) but have stopped since ttc... i don't know about your pill exactly, but i read online that antihistamines are safe during ttc/pg. it also said though that some doctors will reccommend not taking it just to be safe. probably best to ask your dr. what they think! i can't think of any way around taking benadryl if i get a reaction from something though! who knows... hopefully there won't be a need.

I used to take the same stuff but stopped when TTC. I went to my GP and he recommended I do without unless it makes me miserable. I also use a sinus spray and he has said that is safe to continue.
The other reason to consider stopping the antihistamines is that they dry you out, everywhere, if you catch my drift. So you may find that you don't produce a lot of cervical fluid when you take the antihistamines.

Hello
I have bad allergies too and I spoke with my Doc when we started TTC and he said that I would still be ok to take them.
Im on citrazine hydracortizone (no idea how to spell it :shrug:)
If you have any worries about it though I would just give your GP a call or pop into a chemist and see what advice they can give.

Good luck TTC xx

I am also TTC and take an allergy tab every day due to me being highly allergic to my dogs, I have noticed that my CM is sometimes non excistant, but this may also be down to the fact that i am on CLOMID. I am using concieve plus to resolve this it is really good and seems to be doing its job.

Gud luck with getting your :bfp:
:dust:

I was on cetirazine 10mg when I was TTC. I reduced it to 5mg a day just before and during when I believed I would be fertile to increase CM. Cetirazine and other antihistamines can reduce CM. 5mg was enough to provide cover against my itch's for a few days.
I went back up to 10mg until I got my BFP.
We conceived first month of trying, so reducing to 5mg was enough for us to increase CM to a suitable lvl.

When you conceive you need to swap to piriton (Chlorphenamine) which is shorter acting and an old style antihistamine so can cause drowsiness. And you should get this via prescription and under medical supervision. I went docs and got it changed within a few days of BFP.
Dose for piriton :
Adults (including the elderly) and children aged over 12 years: Take one tablet every 4 to 6 hours. Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours.

You could probably swap to piriton when you start TTC, but I have found isn't as good. You either have to take it more often and risk drowsiness, or don't have enough cover all day as one tablet a day doesn't last long enough.

I am on bendaryl for sleeping purposes. if I lower my dose to 50-75 mg instead of 100 a day and use preseed do you think I have a chance? I attempted stopping cold turkey last night and got no sleep :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->