Any 30 year olds starting TWW?

Hi Ladies!

Can I join?!

I just read through some of your previous posts, Congratualtion to you CBEANS :cloud9:!!!!! How exciting!! Hope the baby dust rubs off to all the ladies TTC on this thread.

I'm 29, currently in the TWW, 5 dpo. Looking for some buddies to chat with.
I ovulated two days late this month and I'm usually right on (I use OPKS, obsessively :blush:) Ovulating two days late is ok right?

Cbeans, omg, congrats to you and hubby. Those tests are rarely wrong so time to celebrate. woopee. Mucinex eh? Gotcha, if no bean this month, I shall try that nxt month. Oh im so happy for you! I'm glad to have been part of your tww. Hope we will still see you on here cbeans.

Thanks for helping me out these past two weeks! You totally helped keep me sane :) And I'm rooting for all you girls! I'm looking forward to seeing your bfps soon! Lots and lots of baby dust!

Welcome jules. Babydust to you!

Cbeans, still ultra excited for u. How did you tell dh?

Any words of wisdom to share on getting that bfp?

Well ladies, positive opk on cd14 (evening) for me then kinda positive opk cd15 (evening). Temp rise today (cd16). Bd on cd10,12, 14, 15. Here's hoping eh?

Good luck on the positive OPKs, Mk8! :thumbup:

SO happy for cbeans. Woo! even more so given that I'm out...started spotting this morning at 13dpo. always a sign that AF is on her way. :cry:

Sure we'll get it next month though ladies! PMA! xx

Morticia, I'm sorry! Stupid AF! But you're right, next month will be your month! Try the Mucinex thing! Take it the 4 days before your o and the day of o (twice a day) -- but it has to be the one that only has the one ingredient - guaifenesin. Don't take the one that has more than that ingredient, b/c it will dry you up.

Mk8, I wish I could have calmed myself and waited till later to tell DH, but I couldn't do it. It was 4:30 in the morning and I ran in to the bedroom, flipped on the light and jumped on the bed. He was like, "What the...?" And I just said, "Merry Christmas, sweetie." And he said, Huh? Then I showed him the stick and he said, "What is that?" And I said, It's a Christmas baby. It took him a moment, but he finally got it. He was excited. I went to the Dr. yesterday to get a test. I thought it might be too early and they said, not at all. So, i'll know today for sure.

Morticia - sorry to hear that AF got you but you're right- it's your month next month!

Cbeans- thats so funny how you told your hubby. Do update us on what the docs say. But I am pretty sure that everything is as the HPT predicted! :) Here in the UK, my friends went to the docs to check and they said "if you have done those home preg tests, then youre def pregnant"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where has everybody else gone? You all OK ladies?

Hello everyone!!

I'm 30 and on my 2nd cycle off BC!! As you can see from my ticker, I'm a few DPO, and not holding out much luck for this cycle as we've only had :sex: once, (was trying to avoid a Xmas baby!) but nevertheless, here I am - in the 2WW!!

FX for us all!!

xxx

Hello to all! I have been following this thread for a few days too timid to post until now. I am new to all this forum stuff. It is nice to know that I am not alone in my 2ww. Here's a bit of my story:

I too am 30 and ttc #1. DH and I are high school sweethearts. We've been together for 14 years and happily married for almost nine of them. I can't believe it has been so long. We are in our sixth cycle ttc, third of really "trying." I am having a particulairy hard time this cycle because my two best friends got their BPFs two months ago. One on her first try, the other has two boys already not really trying to concieve. I am so happy for them, but I admit, it is a little hard to be around them because we have been trying for so long (it seems). Also, I had an ovarian cyst rupture last month which made AF nearly 2 weeks late. I POAS about a million times leading up to the rupture hoping finally for that BFP only to be brought down by the horrible pain of the rupture. Now, I am worried my cycle is all messed up. We tried OPKs this time to see if I could pinpoint my O, but never got a similey. :( I usually have pretty regular cycles. This has never happened before, so I have no idea what is going on with my body. Doc says continuing ttc is okay after the rupture. I guess it wasn't that bad. I had some indication that I was Oing (twinges, ewcm) this cycle, but I just don't know. I've been pretty discouraged. But reading all of your posts helps. Thank you ladies for sharing your stories and advice and helping me along even though you don't even know it.

Congrats to cbeans btw!!

Welcome aquaria!! :hi: Sorry to hear about what you've been through, and I hope your cycles are back on track. :hugs:

Thanks for the welcome Lisa92881 :) I think we are about in the same boat. I think I am about 11 days from testing too. That is if I can wait that long! Confirmed POAS addict. Good luck to you, or should I say *baby dust* Newbie here

Did I read that you used OPKs? What kind, and did you ever get a positive reading? I am totally confused by all that I have read about them :( Some say test in the morning, some test with 2nd morning urine (TMI sorry). I even read somewhere that you should test every 10 hours! I decided to just be hopeful that I O'd. Oh well. All we can do is hope for the best and keep on trying.

Yes I'm using OPKs (and driving myself crazy with them). :dohh: This is my 2nd month TTC. Last month I bought the CVS brand, then found that the lines were driving me crazy, and switched to Clearblue Digitals. I got a positive with them using FMU, but I was only testing first thing in the morning (I didn't know then to test 2x's a day)...so I probably had my surge later in the previous day and would have gotten a positive then.
Soooo this month I bought some internet cheapies, since the CB digi's are so expensive. I had a few digi's left, and also some CVS ones. Basically, right now, I'm using all 3! LOL. Crazy!! :wacko: I'm kind of switching them up, hoping for some success with any of them. Hahaha. Unfortunately I have not had any success yet! I'm testing at least twice a day - in the afternoon around 4, then later in the evening. This week I've been doing 3 times, including once in the morning, because I really thought I was going to ovulate any day and didn't want to miss it. But I'm still waiting. Oh my, well sorry to babble on, and sorry I couldn't be of more help. You will learn a lot very quickly on this site though! :hugs:

Don't be sorry. I appreciate all the knowledge I can absorb!

Wow though! That is a lot of peeing on a stick! I would be making my self crazy over them too! With the cb digi's I was taking out the test trip to investigate the lines, but nothing ever more than a faint blue line. I was only testing once a day in the morning the first few days, then switched to the afternoon for the last three (I know that you shouldn't do that, but I was mostly experimenting with them, and I couldn't afford to buy more. They are expensive!) I essentially gave up. We have been bd-ing every other day after CD 6.

Good luck detecting your O!!

hey girls

no much activity here recently... but in case you ladies to come back to have a lurk about, do keep us posted on how you are doing.

aquaria - you should be testing round about now i think... best of luck!

sadly, i think i am out. 12dpo, negative hpts. my bbt also dropped this morning so i think af will show soon. feeling pretty crappy but hoping to get back that positive feeling soon.

baby dust to all!

I got some cheapy ones off the net and have never got a +, the most I ever got was a faint line :shrug: your meant to do them in the afternoon cos the LH happens during the day, having said that iv bought the CB digi pack of 20 this mth and they say to use FMU?? I'm very confused.

Going to use SI this mth also :hugs: everyone xxx

Hey everyone!

Well, I'm not looking for to this time in the TWW lol I am way too obsessive, generally, so I am throwing myself into any activity I can find at home! Spring cleaning, job applications, exercise, anything! I had a confusing time trying to figure out when I ovulated, so I'm praying and hoping for the best.

I also didn't get a positive, with both FMU and afternoon. But I'm hoping that bd'ing every other day since lower side pain will do the trick.

What are you all doing during the TWW? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->