Any 38 week ladies want to buddy up for the last 2 weeks?

Morning ladies :D Today is my due date. Feeling a bit odd got a funny belly which i cant really describe almost nervy. Had a few braxton hicks overnight. Hubby is away to work and ill b taking the wee boy to nursery in a few hours. Had lots of sore movements yesterday and braxton hicks when walking etc. Got midwife on wednesday for a sweep. Just a waiting game now........

xxx

Lucky you! Here's hoping something happens soon. I have another 10 days to go & I'm finding these last 2 weeks really, really difficult. BH got strong enough to wake me up a few times last night, hopefully that's a good sign :) GL!!

Thanx Julia these last 2 weeks have dragged so can totally sympathise. Dread the thought that i could have another 12 days to go though!! Fingers crossed thats not the case though xx

Good luck sweet cheeks!! Up early and very nervous... Really hoping they give me my appointment for an elective c section early this week!

I'm crampy tonight. I wish they'd intensify or go away!

Morning all!

Mrs A- If only we were able to predict when our LO's will arrive, I keep coming up with new dates and they all come and go :nope: Hope she does arrive soon for you!

Sweetcheeks- Good luck! Hopefully your LO knows it is time and make an appearance. I know what you mean about the extra 12 days (although think my midwife wouldn't do an induction for 2 full weeks) in my head I have kind of set myself a 'baby will be here by then date' and set if for the latest I think they would leave me.

Fili- Good luck for today, let us know how you get on :flower:

Good luck ladies - not long for us now! I hope everyone is doing ok :)

Good luck Fili - I hope you get the date you want, let us know!

x

Good day ladies :)

Well, things with me haven't really progressed...I think? I can't tell if I'm leaking waters or if its just a heavy discharge :/ I have the midwife today, think if I asked her she'll give me an internal exam? Just so I can know for sure whats going on in there!

Im booked in for my elective c section for 7.30am TOMORROW!!! I've already had swabs and blood taken, back to see the anaesthetist this afternooon, then they monitor the baby for a bit then I'm good to go! We've just been to the supermarket to stock up. Hubs had tears in his eyes and I burst into tears! We had to get baby stage three pampers nappies for 9lbs plus :haha: I'm soo excited but it does seem surreal! I'm going to be a mummy at last tomorrow!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

Wow!!! Lots of due dates and mummies ready to meet babies :). Filli I got my big bit into newborn nappies (although I switched to cloth out of hospital) and newborn clothes so you never know.

I went down and got another sweep this morning. Am doubtful it will go anything but I've given it my best shot at least!

Im booked in for my elective c section for 7.30am TOMORROW!!! I've already had swabs and blood taken, back to see the anaesthetist this afternooon, then they monitor the baby for a bit then I'm good to go! We've just been to the supermarket to stock up. Hubs had tears in his eyes and I burst into tears! We had to get baby stage three pampers nappies for 9lbs plus :haha: I'm soo excited but it does seem surreal! I'm going to be a mummy at last tomorrow!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

Wow, wonderful news!!! So excited for you :hugs:

Good day ladies :)

Well, things with me haven't really progressed...I think? I can't tell if I'm leaking waters or if its just a heavy discharge :/ I have the midwife today, think if I asked her she'll give me an internal exam? Just so I can know for sure whats going on in there!

I keep wondering that too! I think mine is a combination of a little waters, a little plug and increased discharge!

Yippee! Very happy for you, good luck!

Wow!!! Lots of due dates and mummies ready to meet babies :). Filli I got my big bit into newborn nappies (although I switched to cloth out of hospital) and newborn clothes so you never know.

I went down and got another sweep this morning. Am doubtful it will go anything but I've given it my best shot at least!

Good luck - I have a sweep next week. Fingers crossed it helps you!

Well the midwife gave me an exam...her first comment was 'well it sure does look wet down there!' :haha:but she had a look and without going into too much detail said she didnt think it was my waters but to keep an eye on it and phone mat assessment if it gets any heavier.

All fine with baby too, hes slightly OP but hopefully he'll shift during labour! Booked back in for a weeks time where I can get a sweep if I want :) but hoping he comes before then.

That's great filipenko32!!! It must be such a relief to have the waiting finally over!

Does anyone have any tips on managing to get some sleep??? For the last 2 weeks I've been up almost every hour for one reason or another (toilet, can't find position, racing thoughts, etc). Everyone is commenting on the fact that I look completely exhausted (they mean well, but it'd be kinder not to tell me that right now).
If I don't get some sleep soon, I won't have any energy left for labour!! Any ideas? What works for you guys?

Thanks everyone well I will post last bump pics and bag pack pics later! Just finishing of all packing as will be in 2-3 days they said. Bit nervous about hubby having to leave tomorrow at 8pm and I'll be all alone with baby!! Going for a last meal out just the two of us at 6pm. End of an era! 9 years altogether with hubs being just me and him, married for 4. Xxx

I will still be lurking on this thread when baby arrives to see how you all get on :)

Awesome news!

Thanks everyone well I will post last bump pics and bag pack pics later! Just finishing of all packing as will be in 2-3 days they said. Bit nervous about hubby having to leave tomorrow at 8pm and I'll be all alone with baby!! Going for a last meal out just the two of us at 6pm. End of an era! 9 years altogether with hubs being just me and him, married for 4. Xxx

I will still be lurking on this thread when baby arrives to see how you all get on :)

Enjoy your last meal! We're the same, it's just been the 2 of us for 9 years as well, it's very strange to think they'll be a third person very soon! Strange, but so exciting!
Thanks for lurking - will be lovely when all these babies start coming along!
Can't wait to see pics!

Yay exciting news Fili- enjoy your last few hours with hubby and good luck for tomorrow! Look forward to seeing baby pics and hearing how it went.

Julia- I wish I knew the answer to this as well. I have taken to not trying to get back to sleep and instead getting up, doing something to distract myself (reading, watch TV, play a fb game) or drink some warm milk. After about an hour I usually either go back to bed or sleep on the sofa (finding the sofa easier to get comfy on). Also feel a little worried about having energy for labour :S

Weejenb- Did the midwife say whether you have dilated at all? Perhaps baby will be here before your next appointment.

AFM have a feeling I may be left in this thread alone, nothing is really happening :nope: Have been out again today and done lots of walking but again has just left me in so much pain and doesn't seem to have done anything else.

You won't be alone Mrs S-M, I'm still here, the occassional mild period-type cramp and that's about it. I think I'm here for the long haul my other babies have both been overdue and I'm not expecting this one will be different.

Mrs S-M - she didn't comment on me being dilated, so I'm assuming not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->