Any 38 week ladies want to buddy up for the last 2 weeks?

Oh, I want to joint too! I hit 38 weeks on Thursday. Had a small bloody show about 5 days ago but nothing since. Still just the usual up 5 times a night, stabbing pains in my cervix, unpredictable mood swings, stronger BH, horrible water retention & general discomfort. Can't wait for this to be over - not just to meet my little boy but also to get my body back!!
GL to you all :)

Welcome Julia! We are all experiencing the same signs and it's great to have moral support during this 2ww!!

Well I'm ashamed / afraid to say that I've had a complete wobble and u turn. I have this strong feeling that things are going to go wrong in delivery. I know scans can be out but i already measure 40 weeks fundal height wise and when any midwife / doc feels my tummy they say whoa big baby! Add to this the growth scan stats and all his body parts being off the scale big or 98% plus and I think I have a big baby! If I didn't have the big baby factor I would be fully gung ho for a natural birth but psychologically I am terrified for memo. If his shoulders get stuck for eg then his oxygen supply could be cut off then that's a massive emergency. Just thinking about how big he will be by next Wednesday (10lbs 9) at least terrifies me - it's not the pain it's memo's safety. Got hubs to ring the hospital back today, he spoke to a senior person there and said we wanted a c section now. I'm going in to the day assessment unit again on Monday first thing to hopefully see a doctor again and say I've changed my mind. The person on the phone said to Josh that they will probably do it fairly soon given I'm over 39 weeks by Monday. I'm so annoyed that I have this extra factor of a big baby but something is telling me strongly that I can't afford a natural delivery in a week's time :nope: for baby's sake.

I took a shower this morning and decided to take a look down below just out of curiosity, you all keep talking about your cervix being soft and favourable, what does this actually mean? I had to get a mirror to look though, i've not been able to see downstairs for quite some time. I was very shocked, I knew I had varicose vains down there and have had since being 24 weeks pregnant but looking at them today it looks like my insides have fell out and are now on the outside, sorry for TMI, it really grossed me out and it bothers me with the way my bits look especially when I'm going to have an audience soon!

I dare not look down there fully, it feels like it belongs to someone else! It certainly doesn't look like MY 'flower garden' :haha: DH and I have a skit and say that it looks like a puffed up cornish pasty or like Lt Warfs forehead from Star Trek!! Im retaining that much water and am that swollen that I just cant wait to get back to normal!

I keep telling myself that I am sure that the medical professionals have seen worse... but then again??!!! hahahahahaha

I really feel for you, in your situation you know that you're having a big baby which must make it worse, with me i'm still unsure of size so not as worried as you.

If you want a c-section then I can't see why they would refuse, I think it might be safer for the baby this way and you have every right to ask for one if it puts your mind at ease.

Pregnancy is such a stressful time, I don't think people understand how much it can worry you especially when you think about all the things that could possibly go wrong.

Good luck with Monday, looks like there's a lot happening on Monday, not long to go now. Sending you big hugs. xx

Welcome Julia, can't believe how many there are of us now in this group just waiting to drop.

Thanks Hun, sending u hugs back. I am feeling more and more confident in this decision as the day goes on. I have tomorrow too then we are set to make our demands on Monday! I read so many success stories with natural births and big babies too so I has been a tough one to call! Xx

Fingers crossed for you Filipenko that everything is ok... its only natural for you to start thinking all kinds of things this late on. Im sure you will ultimately make the right decision for both you and baby x

Hi girls, I would love to join yous in the final few weeks although reading all your symptoms I am jelous I have literally no symptoms at all! I am 38+6, and had an ecv yesterday as baby was breech, it worked and he is now head down (hopefully he will stay that way) but havent had any feeling that he is engaging or anything yet :( But its nice to see what everyone else is experiencing so that I can look out for the signs! x x

Thanks for the welcome :) On to my first question: everyone keeps saying we should go for long walks to help get things moving but whenever I try, I just come back in agony! I've just returned from an hour's walk and my belly was rock hard, as if in a spasm of BH. On top of that my sides & back were killing me from the weight of the bump. I'm now wrecked for the day and curled up on my bed recovering. There must be a better way...?

Welcome Julia and Nicola :wave:

Fili- That must be a really hard decision for you to make. :hugs: Hope they listen to you again on Monday and you get something sorted so that you can relax before your little one arrives.

Julia- I have the same issue, have been and done the food shopping this morning, by half way round I was in agony and can not hardly move. I have heard that keeping active will help bring baby but so far it hasn't worked and it really isn't worth this much pain. I really hope baby comes soon!

I really want to try the walking too but my feet are so swollen already I hate to think what they'd look like if I attempted walking too far. Even doing a little housework blows them up so bad it hurts to wriggle my toes.

Hi girls, I would love to join yous in the final few weeks although reading all your symptoms I am jelous I have literally no symptoms at all! I am 38+6, and had an ecv yesterday as baby was breech, it worked and he is now head down (hopefully he will stay that way) but havent had any feeling that he is engaging or anything yet :( But its nice to see what everyone else is experiencing so that I can look out for the signs! x x

Welcome! Glad your baby turned, mine was breech also but turned on his own somewhere between 36-37 weeks. I had more symptoms a few days ago which seem to have all stopped now so I'm feeling the same way, I get the odd cramp here and there and that's it for me lately.

Me too darkstar they are like pods!! So I am hopefully booking my c section tomorrow :wacko: it will have to be early next week as I might go into labour. I'm really hoping they agree to one based on my worries about baby's size. I really don't think I'm in the right mind set to labour now anyway I will be too worried abut the baby getting stuck!

Welcome Nicola!

Darkstar - I have been a wreck today, very weepy, stressed, clinging to OH. I've not been like this for a long time, feeling very unsure of myself

Filli - totally get your reasons for wanting a section, if they'd told me the estimated weight first time around I would've freaked out. I'm quite scared my little man cub is going to get to 11lbs if he doesn't come soon. I don't want them to transfer me to the other hospital :-(

I lost what was definitely my mucous plug on Saturday morning, then was on my feet for hours at DS's party and nothing. Everything had stopped, no BH, daggers, anything.

I'm getting a few sharp pains in my bits tonight again but I think it's safe to say that 3 days after my sweep can confirm it didn't work. Losing my plug 30 odd hours ago with no other signs is so frustrating. I don't want to think my body can just keep sitting at 2-3cm like this. It's really getting me down.

:hug: emy, sweep didn't work for me either, zip nothing but not that I what anything to happen now. Do you think you might push for a c section or are you happy doing it naturally?

Thankfully my mood lifted and it was just one day of gloom. So far haha.

Fili hope you get your csection date.

I was up a couple of hours last night with painful cramping, finally they eased and I got back to sleep. Still feeling a little crampy this morning but Im not telling OH because he is getting ready for his first day back at work and I dont want him calling me all day or worrying he is going to miss something.

Going to get on ball and knees today as baby is slightly posterior and hope I can get him to rotate.

Darkstar the ball really helps to get things moving I think, I always get period pain after being on it. My mood yesterday was DIRE! I was so low, today I'm much better but tomorrow, who knows?

I really don't want a c-section, even if he was 11lbs at the end of the day I did 10 with no issues, no tears and he was never distressed etc. Because I know I've done it once there doesn't seem like any reason to want a section, friend of mine had two 10lbers and an 11lber and no problems with any and no GD etc.
I just don't want them to monitor the birth or restrict me to the bed or anything like that :-/

Emy I totally understand that, there's no one pushing me to have a c section, they don't recommend it or anything. They say I can completely go ahead and have a natural birth. I really wanted to, had a birth plan that even said no pain relief / moving around / birth pool etc so it really is all in my head since I found out baby was big. I had four back to back early mc's last year (not related to this issue or pregnancy obviously) so I'm probably more anxious than most people but it really is all about the emotional side of things for me, no professional doc or midwife has said no way to a natural birth, quite the opposite. I really hope your labour starts soon Hun

Well the 6th came and went so I'm not psychic! Yesterday I tried DTD, bouncing on ball for hours, climbing stairs, rotating hip movement standing up, hot bath and spicy food for dinner and still nothing!
I've fooled myself into thinking that because DD was 10 days early that this LO was going to be early too.. No such luck! I'm resigned to the fact that she will come when ready and no amount of old wives tales will move her along.
Feeling fine though, which is a bonus, and sleeping great as DD has been on nights all weekend so I've had the bed to myself!
I hope all if you ladies are feeling good today.. Keep the positive vibes flowing! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->