Any 38 week ladies want to buddy up for the last 2 weeks?

Baby Louis arrived just after midnight last night! A dinky 7 lb 2, I was expecting a big girl! But he is beautiful and I am besotted.

Yeah mrs mig!!! This is amazing news to wake up to!! :wohoo:

Thanks Fili! More details in my journal. He took everyone by surprise!

Hello all. May I join you? I'm due on the 12th. Keep getting lots of period type pains but bump still high and I think I'm still a way off yet.
Congratulations on your little boy mrs miggins x

Duffers I'm due on 12th too I'm 2/5 engaged but not sure that means labour is imminent. I have a big baby :wacko: he's going to be ten pounds so i may need to be induced. I have period pains too say 5-8 lots a day for a minute or so! Anyway welcome!

Morning ladies :)

Congrats mrs miggins, thats wonderful news!

I thought I might be losing my waters last night (again) - pretty sure it was just sweat from being too hot overnight tho :haha:

What are we all up to today?

Thanks. Its lovely to have others that understand all the discomfort! I don't want baby to come early and would prefer a 2 week late appearance! DD is starting nursery school on Tuesday and I don't want Her to feel pushed out of the house by a new baby - does that sound crazy? I'm very much looking forward to getting rid of my carpal tunnel symptoms and swollen fingers though.
In the words if the great Coldplay - nobody said it was easy...

I can understand that about your DD duffers. Which hospital are you booked in to? I'm at queen charlotte's and Chelsea. I want early as baby is 9 lbs 9 already according to a scan yesterday. I have no medical issues, hubs is massive though (6ft 7) and his dad was a ten pounder so think it's genetics... I am doing everything I can to get baby out!

Hi ladies can I join? Due on the 11th and having lots and lots of painful braxton hicks but no baby yet lol really thought i was going into labour last nite but still here this morning :(

Congrats mrs miggins :D xx

Edit- Im due on the 7th not the 11th :rofl: Hope thats not a sign im going overdue!!

Welcome sweet cheeks!

Does anyone know what 2/5 engaged means? That's what the doc said I was...

Congratulations Mrs Miggins!

I've had so many cramps and lots of liquidy discharge today, it seems to get worse when he is moving around, the cramps begin and I feel a leaky feeling. Not enough to be concerned about waters leaking I don't think. I see my midwife tomorrow anyway.

Hi sweetcheeks.
Filipenko- I'm aiming for a home birth but otherwise will go to east Surrey hospital in redhill. 5/5 engaged is fully engaged I think so you're on your way x

My last midwife appt i still wasnt engaged :( think second babies dont tend to though till actual labour. Got a sweep booked for wed but hoping i go before then, although LO is back at nursery Mon so dont know if it would b better if he was back in his routine first x

Woop, congratulations Mrs Miggins! Lovely news :thumbup:

Welcome sweet cheeks!

Does anyone know what 2/5 engaged means? That's what the doc said I was...

Only from reading B&B so I may be wrong, but I think 2/5 engaged means they can feel 2/5 of the head, so the other 3/5 is embedded into your pelvis.

Congrats Mrs Miggins! Lovely news! :)

Welcome Duffers!

Filipenko - I have exactly the same daily cramps. Midwife said she would estimate it would be approximately a 7lb baby. But she really was just guessing. I hope you're feeling ok about the size of your baby - these things do seem to work themselves out :) I'm 3/5's engaged, but no idea what that means either.

I hope everyone is well - these cramps are making me a little excited! x

Sorry I haven't been on in a while had a viral infection in my throat and felt awful but slowly getting back to normal (other than hardly having a voice)!

39 weeks tomorrow cant believe how quick its gone really found out 8 months ago today that I'm pregnant as well :)

Been having lower back pains and pains in my bump for 2 days now! baby isn't moving much really either but if she doesn't start moving about soon I think I will be making a phone call to the midwife she what she has to say. I also have no apatite either actually have to force myself to eat but been doctor's and doctor said as long as I'm drinking I should be fine just cant wait now just want to meet my little lady :)

I cant remember who it was that had a growth scan but dont worry about the size its only an estimate my SIL got told with her 1st that her little boy would be about 7lb and he was born a week early weighing 9lb 8oz and with her daughter she got told to expect a nearly 10lb baby and her little girl was born 10 days early weighing 7lb 2oz so dont worry they do get it wrong some times x

Im 38 weeks tomorrow! (OMG!!) My groin is so sore when i walk or move position!! Ive had soft number 2s and that coarse tummy aches for about 3 weeks but its not diahrea as i only go once a day (sorry tmi!) more Braxton hicks, increased discharge, random period pains!!

I hope all this means something is going to happen soon!! :( I see the midwife today but they dont do internal checks here unless you are actually in labour!

Filipenko- I was told baby was at least 2/5ths engaged at my last apointment, I asked the midwife what this meant and she said she thinks she can feel 3/5ths of the head still and 2/5ths of the baby's head is below the pubic bone. Glad your growth scan went well and like others have said the scans can be really off with the weight predictions so try not to worry too much.

I am really quite fed up of being in so much pain :( Only manage to get a few hours sleep each night so ending up shattered. Also weighed myself this morning which was the wrong thing to do- have been so good with not putting on too much weight and now I'm on maternity leave and struggling to do much I'm putting loads on.

Filipenko- I was told baby was at least 2/5ths engaged at my last apointment, I asked the midwife what this meant and she said she thinks she can feel 3/5ths of the head still and 2/5ths of the baby's head is below the pubic bone. Glad your growth scan went well and like others have said the scans can be really off with the weight predictions so try not to worry too much.

I am really quite fed up of being in so much pain :( Only manage to get a few hours sleep each night so ending up shattered. Also weighed myself this morning which was the wrong thing to do- have been so good with not putting on too much weight and now I'm on maternity leave and struggling to do much I'm putting loads on.

At my last midwife appointment (last week) she made me get on the scales to weigh me and proceeded to tell me my BMI is over 30 now and I have put on a stone and a half! the fact I was nearly 38 weeks at the time I'm glad I have put on some weight I think Id be more worried if I didn't!

That's shocking weighing you so late on! I would not what to know as my baby is nearly a stone :haha:

Thanks for all your advice ladies! :) We are booked in to see a consultant or doctor at 4 on Monday at the hospital to discuss a plan of action. I really wanted a natural birth :cry: but I don't want to end up with that shoulder dystocia and an emcs which is a risk with big babies.

It's so great that we can share all our symptoms but we are all suffering somewhat :hug: for everyone - we can do this! Not long now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->