Any 38 week ladies want to buddy up for the last 2 weeks?

Congratulations Mrs Miggins! That was lovely news to hear, I guess we'll all be following suit over the next few days/weeks, wonder who's going to be next!

Today was my little boy's first day back at the childminders, I wanted him to carry on going so he doesn't lose his place and to also keep him in his routine, having him off for 2 wks over xmas has been such hard work. Today I just don't know what to do with myself because the house is so quiet and stress free. I've already been to Asda and done the food shop, that's getting quite tough now, I get such bad backache from pushing the trolley and the first thing I did when I walked in the store was to go in search of the toilet, I can't go more than half an hour without needing to wee.

Been having lose bowels for the last few weeks, i've never been so regular, sometimes I get my hopes up thinking it's my body getting ready but no such luck. I thought I would buy some fresh pineapple today to see if I could kick start things along but after eating it and then googling it I was disapointed to find out that you need to eat about 7 pineapples just to get the benefit, by this time I'd have a stomach upset and having toilet problems! Oh well back to the drawing board.

I've read that growth scans can be out by about 15%, I really believe i'm having a 10lb baby too. I just want Monday to hurry up so I can get measured again and find out a bit more. I'm not struck on the idea of being induced or having a c-section, on a brighter note my mum told me I was the easiest birth out of the 4 with me weighing 10lbs, she said I pushed my way out.

I don't really have any new symptoms today, think i'll have to do some more house work to keep myself busy. I do keep getting alot of pregnancy discharge which feels like i've wet myself all the time, i'm guessing this is normal?

I'm interested to know about all your babies movements, i'm feeling a bit concerned, my baby doesn't seem to be moving so much today, the midwife said movements shouldn't slow down they should still remain in the same sleep and wake patterns.

At my last midwife appointment (last week) she made me get on the scales to weigh me and proceeded to tell me my BMI is over 30 now and I have put on a stone and a half! the fact I was nearly 38 weeks at the time I'm glad I have put on some weight I think Id be more worried if I didn't!

There's no way I'm going anywhere near any scales - terrifying!

Congratulations Mrs Miggins! That was lovely news to hear, I guess we'll all be following suit over the next few days/weeks, wonder who's going to be next!

Today was my little boy's first day back at the childminders, I wanted him to carry on going so he doesn't lose his place and to also keep him in his routine, having him off for 2 wks over xmas has been such hard work. Today I just don't know what to do with myself because the house is so quiet and stress free. I've already been to Asda and done the food shop, that's getting quite tough now, I get such bad backache from pushing the trolley and the first thing I did when I walked in the store was to go in search of the toilet, I can't go more than half an hour without needing to wee.

Been having lose bowels for the last few weeks, i've never been so regular, sometimes I get my hopes up thinking it's my body getting ready but no such luck. I thought I would buy some fresh pineapple today to see if I could kick start things along but after eating it and then googling it I was disapointed to find out that you need to eat about 7 pineapples just to get the benefit, by this time I'd have a stomach upset and having toilet problems! Oh well back to the drawing board.

I've read that growth scans can be out by about 15%, I really believe i'm having a 10lb baby too. I just want Monday to hurry up so I can get measured again and find out a bit more. I'm not struck on the idea of being induced or having a c-section, on a brighter note my mum told me I was the easiest birth out of the 4 with me weighing 10lbs, she said I pushed my way out.

I don't really have any new symptoms today, think i'll have to do some more house work to keep myself busy. I do keep getting alot of pregnancy discharge which feels like i've wet myself all the time, i'm guessing this is normal?

I'm interested to know about all your babies movements, i'm feeling a bit concerned, my baby doesn't seem to be moving so much today, the midwife said movements shouldn't slow down they should still remain in the same sleep and wake patterns.

I'm quite wet today, not sure if it's a little bit of waters or just more discharge / parts of plug. It's hard to tell isn't it!

As for the movement, I have heard that baby does slow down before labour. Mine is certainly slower now than it has been lately. Although, it is always best to keep an eye on it x

Wow, so much has happened since yesterday! Congrats Mrs Miggins x

I've not had any more symptoms really, just the same as the last few days. I've still got a lot of patience left and looking forward to my birthday on Saturday.. Getting to hold LO will be the best present ever!

Congratulations Mrs Miggins!

Filipenko- I was told baby was at least 2/5ths engaged at my last apointment, I asked the midwife what this meant and she said she thinks she can feel 3/5ths of the head still and 2/5ths of the baby's head is below the pubic bone. Glad your growth scan went well and like others have said the scans can be really off with the weight predictions so try not to worry too much.

I am really quite fed up of being in so much pain :( Only manage to get a few hours sleep each night so ending up shattered. Also weighed myself this morning which was the wrong thing to do- have been so good with not putting on too much weight and now I'm on maternity leave and struggling to do much I'm putting loads on.

At my last midwife appointment (last week) she made me get on the scales to weigh me and proceeded to tell me my BMI is over 30 now and I have put on a stone and a half! the fact I was nearly 38 weeks at the time I'm glad I have put on some weight I think Id be more worried if I didn't!

Scales! Oh my I really hope they don't try to weigh me! a stone and a half really isn't much at all. By the time you take into account baby's weight and then the fluid and all the rest of it, there is very little weight left you have actually put on!
Some midwifes are so insensitive it is unreal!

I passed a glob of mucus this morning and just had a huge clear out. Not sure if it means anything though.

Been up the hospital for reduced movement again and had a s&s back up there tomorrow for monitoring then being induced Saturday ... I am nervous now but I am already 2cm dilated!

Getting a lot more intense pains in my back and stomach now - I'm just not sure what would count as a real contraction or if its still just BH!

I swear, I'll be that girl who gives birth in the car en route to the hospital cos she left it too long!

Getting a lot more intense pains in my back and stomach now - I'm just not sure what would count as a real contraction or if its still just BH!

I swear, I'll be that girl who gives birth in the car en route to the hospital cos she left it too long!

Trust your instincts. Its real cliche but you'll know when its time. I know what you mean though, I have a 40 minute drive to the hospital and I'm nervous about making it on time.

Been up the hospital for reduced movement again and had a s&s back up there tomorrow for monitoring then being induced Saturday ... I am nervous now but I am already 2cm dilated!

Not long to go now! Exciting!

Hi Fili :hi: Hi Everyone! :hi: I know Fili from the PARL thread, she recommended I take a peak at this thread.

Can I join?! I'm 38weeks now, due 17th January. Symptoms so far:

Braxton hicks
Period aches
Increased discharge
Soft poo once/twice daily...I'm clearing out!!!
Nightly weeing
Boobies hot n swollen
Lightning crotch
Saddle sore!!! As in I feel like I have ridden a horse/bicycle non-stop for a few weeks, my bones underneath are so sore!
Feeling emotional!

Starting EPO and RLT tomorrow...later than I'd hoped but my parents, sisters and midwife are all abroad till tomorrow! See midwife for next appt on monday so will see how engaged baby is then! Head has been engaged since 36 weeks.

Have a feeling I may be early??! But we shall see!

I'm also a home birth hopeful and a first time mum...birth pool is inflated and ready for action!!!x

Ps will try and catch up with you all!x

Hello sticky wishes and welcome!

Your symptom are sounding good! It's really nice to have a group of us all around the same stage and all experiencing the same symptoms!
I'm hoping to have a water birth.

Trying to walk as much as possible, to get things going, but walking is getting increasingly more difficult!

Hope everyone is ok x

Not long to go now! Exciting!

I know I think I'm more worried about leaving y son more than anything ... But I am looking forward to the drugs :) with my son I nearly was the girl that didnt make it I got to the hospital and was 7cm went for a wee got checked again and was 10cm so had no time for drugs so this time I will be having what ever is on offer :) x

I'm also feeling very sick now too, is anyone else?

Welcome Sticky! :wave:

Mrs Mel - wet discharge in the final stages seems to be normal for me. I had it last pregnancy as well and was checked for leaking waters but it was just discharge so this time I haven't bothered getting it checked. It mainly happens at night for me, but I think that's because I go to the loo more often in the day so I'm wiping more often.

I worry I'm going to be that girl too!! :haha: With my first, I had BH every half hour or so (irregular) from 5am until 6pm. I hadn't had any persistent BH before so that was my 'sign'. Things suddenly went mental and by the time I got to the hospital I was 7cm, ready to push within an hour. I keep wondering what will happen if I don't read the signs this time because I get BH so regularly now, and then the mental stage happens faster because it's my 2nd?

I guess if I'm honest I'd rather have that scenario than a 24 hour + labour! :rofl:

Hi sticky wishes. I'm a home water birth hopeful too! Fingers crossed.
It's getting exciting now with lots of you having really positive signs. Still nothing for me I'm afraid.

Me mrs mel! Sticky :hi: will catch up later ladies. I'm off to the day assessment unit to talk to a doctor about my baby's size who is just getting bigger (9lbs9) on Tuesday! I'm quite worried, going to see what they say about induction :wacko:

Oh exciting only one more day for you! Hope it all goes well :hugs:

Good luck!

Me mrs mel! Sticky :hi: will catch up later ladies. I'm off to the day assessment unit to talk to a doctor about my baby's size who is just getting bigger (9lbs9) on Tuesday! I'm quite worried, going to see what they say about induction :wacko:

Hope it goes well - let us know what the doctor says.

Welcome Sticky :wave: you have some very promising signs. You're braver than me with your home birth- I am going to hospital even though the midwife led unit is nearer just because I'm scared about things going wrong and ending up with a rush to hospital.

Hope they listen to you Fili about your concerns regarding baby's weight, let us know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->