Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

How's the ttc going wish? Have you had any other testing since yo was born? All things crossed it happens very quickly ! She is absolutely adorable :) love that smile!

Red you guys are planning another bub at the end of the year right?? Will you be doing a full ivf a cycle again?

We are not using any protection so if there was a natural miracle baby that would be awesome! If not, we will use our frosties in jan next year :)

Hey red I cannot believe that Lincoln is 6 months!!!! That has flown!
We're going to try naturally for 12 months that's why we are starting so soon.
When are you guys going back?

Kirsty & Wish - We are planning on going to the clinic in May-June to organise an ER in Sep/Oct then we will freeze the whole cycle, as I think FET are more successful than fresh! We were suppose to be going on our cruise Dec 13th but my sister just found out that she is due Sep 25th :dance: Since she is coming on the cruise with us, the ship doesn't allow babies under 6 months on board as they don't have the facilities to look after them if something happens. So we are now going March 31st 2015. So we will do an FET when we get home.

Take....wow you have a sleeper :thumbup: Not happening here!

Red... L is 6 months!? That was so quick.

Wish... Yo is growing up too!

Pizazz... I'll be on the search for a group too. I work for a big govt dept and we have a family assoc that runs a group. I'll try to make it to that on 31 Jan....then see what else is out there.

Aside from no sleep and bub crying the moment we put him down, all is ok. DH is great at nappies and daughter is a godsend - she even got bub to sleep for 2 hrs on her chest yesterday while she lay on the couch and watched a movie. Now my milk is in maybe we'll get a few full feeds rather than hourly top-ups....and hope some sleep comes too.... will go hunt out a pic to post!

Maddy how lucky are you! Your daughter sounds like she is great with Leo :) Hope he starts to settle more now that your milk is in :hugs:

I know 6 months don't know where the time went :haha: Poor thing has a runny nose today, really hoping it is teeth and he's not getting sick, poor bubba :(

I will have to post an updated pic of Lincoln :)

Just realised we hardly have any photos....the curse of being rushed off to theatre 30 minutes after birth I guess. Job for today!! Take photos!!

https://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/Twocam/98bf4597-c6b5-4e5c-b2b8-0df5a91f4e67_zpsfae9b720.jpg

Cute Maddy!!! Everyone has such adorable babies!!!

I can't wait to meet mine :cloud9:

Hi ladies I am hoping someone may be able to help me. I just got back from my OBYGN appointment and because I have done 10 rounds of fertility meds, O'd successfully and not gotten pregnant we have to do IVF.
I have the forms and i can see a basic over view about what the steps are up until doing a new SA test (DH) and ultrasound and blood tests, police and child protection order checks.
I do not have private health insurance.
How much would we be looking at roughly?
What was/is your experience with IVF?
Thank you

Hi ladies I am hoping someone may be able to help me. I just got back from my OBYGN appointment and because I have done 10 rounds of fertility meds, O'd successfully and not gotten pregnant we have to do IVF.
I have the forms and i can see a basic over view about what the steps are up until doing a new SA test (DH) and ultrasound and blood tests, police and child protection order checks.
Thank you

Hi Molly
I don't know how much it costs in Melbourne but we had to have about $8000 up front each time. Make sure you apply for the Medicare safety net cause once you've spent over a certain amount, your Medicare rebate for any further ivf rounds or doc visits, increases... We do not have private health either... We did 3 rounds and were out of pocket approximately $3000 for the first one, $2500 for the second round and $1500 for the last one but I got my hospital costs for free on the last round...
Anyway, don't be scared about the process, whilst it can be rather emotional, I found that giving myself injections was easy because I had some sort of control over the situation... Just make sure you go to a fertility clinic you feel comfortable with...
I didn't have to do any police checks/child protection order checks.... What's that about?

Not sure about Melbourne but we went through Westmead Sydney which is not-for-profit and were out of pocket less than $1,000 including medications. I know some families commute from interstate to use Westmead due to the low fees.

Thank you

Hi Molly
I don't know how much it costs in Melbourne but we had to have about $8000 up front each time. Make sure you apply for the Medicare safety net cause once you've spent over a certain amount, your Medicare rebate for any further ivf rounds or doc visits, increases... We do not have private health either... We did 3 rounds and were out of pocket approximately $3000 for the first one, $2500 for the second round and $1500 for the last one but I got my hospital costs for free on the last round...
Anyway, don't be scared about the process, whilst it can be rather emotional, I found that giving myself injections was easy because I had some sort of control over the situation... Just make sure you go to a fertility clinic you feel comfortable with...
I didn't have to do any police checks/child protection order checks.... What's that about?
Thank you for the information! I don't know why we have to do the checks, I have heard of this before though. I dont think that those of us who really want a baby should have to be made to feel like a criminal! :dohh:

Not sure about Melbourne but we went through Westmead Sydney which is not-for-profit and were out of pocket less than $1,000 including medications. I know some families commute from interstate to use Westmead due to the low fees.

WOW!!! was that under private health insurance?

Hi Molly :wave:

Welcome to the group :)

I went through IVF Australia and our out of pocket was $11,000 ($5700 rebate from Medicare). I am with Bupa and the only thing that was covered through them was day surgery for egg collection, they don't cover anything to do with IVF :( You are probably wondering why our out of pocket os so high, my DH has a Chromosome Balanced Translocation so we had genetic testing done :)

Pretty sure Wish went through Monash??

Congrats Maddy40 and Take2 on your little bubbas!!!

Hi MollyNorwood, I'm starting IVF in Sydney in late March. There is a bit of a difference in price based on which fertility clinic you go with, does yours have a website? Usually they have their prices listed on their website. The main thing that private health insurance covers is the day surgery procedure for your egg retrieval (I thought I read in one of my forms this was around $1000-2000 but I could be wrong). The rest of ivf is either covered by Medicare or you will be out of pocket regardless of private health insurance (correct me if I'm wrong ladies as I not the expert :) ) We are going through Genea in Sydney which is the most expensive, we also have to do ICSI which cost a little more, we are expecting to be out of pocket $4500-5000. If cost was a big issue I know you could do it a lot cheaper (I may feel this way if we have to do more than 1 round...)

I've heard about the police checks you have to do in Melbourne and I think its absurd!

All the best xxx

Hi Sparkle :wave: I am doing well, How are you?

Can I ask who you are going through at Genea? I was through them but IVF Australia offered the same treatment we needed $5k cheaper :)

We are going through Dr Dezarnults. For ICSI the out of pocket costs difference between Genea and IVF Australia is less than $200 ($3810 vs $3627) then Genea charges $770 to freeze extra eggs (12 months), IVF Australia is $325 (6 months). I guess it's different though for the testing you need.

For us I was just so unhappy with our Dr that I couldn't take it anymore and now that we've changed I feel so much better and more confident. You were happy with your dr though right so that's good, I think that's such an important thing.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->