Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Babypizzaz- I too was carrying extra weight from the fertility drugs, I packed it on even more when pregnant esp in the last month or so, having said that I had terrible edema so a lot was fluid. Its slowly coming off now, a woman in the supermarket commented on me being pregnant the other day, I was a bit offended but being 2 weeks postpartum I think i should give myself a break. Don't worry plenty of time to recover the pre pregnancy body..enjoy the journey I say :)

Oh Miss Redknob I'm so sorry you went through all that :hugs: How horrible of that Dr, so insensitive and unnecessary :nope:

I felt the Dr I was seeing before at IVFA was a bit like that, insensitive and dismissive and the Dr I'm seeing now at Genea has been great, she is the complete opposite of the other guy. So it seems it's more about the individual Dr than the clinic. At least we both now have someone we're happy with. Xxx

I think you are right, it is the different drs! DH and I travel 1.5hrs to go to the Dr at IVFA as he was recommended for us, wish he was closer :(

For those of you have had IVF and been successful, what would you say the worst part is of the whole procedure? (apart from the waiting I mean! :) )

Molly....personally I didn't find the medical process too difficult at all, as I was very lucky to have minimal side-effects from the drugs. I think the mental side was hardest for me, particularly the 5-day wait from egg-retrieval to embryo transplant, as I had very few eggs retrieved and only 1 was good enough to transfer. Luckily that one embie became our son!

Hi Molly! For me the toughest part was egg retrieval. But I had a pretty rare complication that meant a week in hospital with bladder issues!! Most people find the procedure very easy and only in hospital a few hours. Overall the ivf is not too bad. The disappointment of a failed cycle is also very tough but next time, when we try for number 2, I will remind myself that it may not happen first time- but it will happen!! Xxx

Hi all!!!!

Had my NT scan today and all good! 1:1990 chance of Downs.... I am on :cloud9:

A little sneak peek of bubs here....

Attachments

• 1623219_10152282439324009_727162645_n - Copy.jpg
    1623219_10152282439324009_727162645_n - Copy.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1
That's great Babypizzaz..happy healthy bub is awesome news :)

Fantastic news baby pizazz! Love the pic!! How are you feeling? Not too much morning sickness I hope!

Fantastic news baby pizazz! Love the pic!! How are you feeling? Not too much morning sickness I hope!

Thanks everyone! Kirs_t, I have had no morning sickness! I'm counting that as a major blessing! Just still REALLY :sleep: and :munch:!!!! Husby is complaining about how much he is eating - apparently my fault... I'm a carbaholic at the moment!!!!

Babypizzazz wonderful results!! And the photo is so clear too. Any sense of the gender yet??

Molly, hardest part for me was definately the waiting waiting waiting. It always feels like you are waiting for something .. Eg period to start, for procedures, scans, test results etc etc
And of course failed cycles, even if you have perfect blasts they don't always work.

Babypizzazz wonderful results!! And the photo is so clear too. Any sense of the gender yet??

Molly, hardest part for me was definately the waiting waiting waiting. It always feels like you are waiting for something .. Eg period to start, for procedures, scans, test results etc etc
And of course failed cycles, even if you have perfect blasts they don't always work.

Thanks Aleja! My friend who is 2 days behind me had her scan yesterday and hers showed more of the body and was clearer.... But no, no idea of gender though secretly hoping for a girl!

Hope everyone is well! :flower:

Aleja - We are going back to the same FS as he is in genetics :) When are you planning on going back?

Molly - The hardest part for me was the Syneral spray!! I had the worst headaches with it and I couldn't do anything but lay on the lounge to keep them at bay :flower: And the WAITING!! So much WAITING :haha:

Baby Pizazz - Gorgeous pic :cloud9: Glad to hear bub is doing well. I was a carbaholic in first trimester then it was Mt Franklin Sparkling water for the rest of the pregnancy :haha: Sending you lots of girl :dust:

Aleja - We are going back to the same FS as he is in genetics :) When are you planning on going back?

Molly - The hardest part for me was the Syneral spray!! I had the worst headaches with it and I couldn't do anything but lay on the lounge to keep them at bay :flower: And the WAITING!! So much WAITING :haha:

Baby Pizazz - Gorgeous pic :cloud9: Glad to hear bub is doing well. I was a carbaholic in first trimester then it was Mt Franklin Sparkling water for the rest of the pregnancy :haha: Sending you lots of girl :dust:

Thanks Miss Red! Keep sprinkling that girl dust! Good to hear i'm not the only one eating my weight in carbs! I drink Mt Franklin Spring Water, it's the best!

I'm so glad i didn't have to use that Syneral spray!

Molly, my IVF protocol was pretty straightforward. The only thing I hated was all the bruising from the women who couldn't take my blood properly.... The actual giving myself injections was a lot easier than I thought (especially for a needle phobe). The waiting for me was also a struggle. But the hardest part for me was when I would wake up from egg collection and look at the very small number on my hand. My OB keeps telling me it was my age, but obviously the whole quality not quantity came into play with me.. :happydance:

Babypizzazz I hope you get your girl. Will you find out at the 20 week scan?

Red, I'm not sure when I'm going back definately this year , probably by June/July when Marlon turns 1...I hate having to start from scratch :-(

Babypizzazz I hope you get your girl. Will you find out at the 20 week scan?

Red, I'm not sure when I'm going back definately this year , probably by June/July when Marlon turns 1...I hate having to start from scratch :-(

Hi Aleja

My gender scan is in 6 weeks :happydance: can't wait!

Do you have any frosties left? You might find it happens quickly next time?

Aleja - Marlon was your last frostie, wasn't he?

Think Aleja is the same as me and has to do a whole new cycle :(

Babypizazz...yay for scans :thumbup: they're pretty amazing aren't they? I really liked looking at my baby's brain when they did them, I found that fascinating!

Aleja and Red...jealous in a way that you are going back for more, but reality is setting in here that we won't be having another. I'll have to live my life vicariously through all of you :winkwink:

Take and Molly...:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->