Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

I was an ideal candidate due to compete breach so was worth a try. I think the chance of flipping back is less than 5% too so good odds thank god!

What a day take! Especially the unexpected breach! So glad it was successful and you are feeling ok. Make sure you put your feet up after the big move and rest up xx not long now maddy and take!

All good for us... When I say good I mean no sleeping at all kind of good ;) sleep deprivation is a killer! Lucky she's so cute. I adore her and being a mum, but anyone else find the newborn stage a tough gig?

Keyara was a terrible sleeper for months, I really sympathise Kirst, have you enquired with your doctor or community children's nurse about support services, where they observe bub and give you tips etc??

Omg Take that's crazy! So lucky they checked! Getting to the business end now ladies how exciting!
Kirsti Yo still wakes once a night and was shocking for the first 12 weeks.. A few times I was so tired I was actually completely delirious, Craig once caught me standing in the middle of the bathroom and he said 'what are you doing?' And I go 'I can't remember where the baby is'! Hahah he just guided me back to bed.. Of course she was asleep in her basinette next to it.
To be honest I think the pressure of her sleep was worse then anything, all the mothers from my group were like 'oooo my baby sleeps 12 hours' wank wank wank hahahah! It's normal for babies to wake a lot and it's really hard. It won't last forever though and one day she'll sleep through and you'll look at her and realise she's not a tiny new born anymore. Is your hubby much help? Xx

Lincoln was a terrible sleeper the first couple of months, and I was so jealous of the girls in my mother's group getting 5-6hrs sleep. Lincoln has just started, in the last 3 weeks, sleeping from 5-9hrs during the night. He generally goes to bed about 8pm then I dream feed him at 11pm then he wakes anywhere from 5-8am.

It will get better :hugs:

Take oh my, what an eventful few days you've had. Now you've got a house, when will your stuff arrive? Are you unpacking yourself or paying a removalist company (having moved 11 times in the past 20 years I highly recommend the latter :haha:).

Kirst hope the sleep improves, but glad you are still enjoying being a mum. I am really, really hoping my boy stays at sleepy on the outside as he is inside me :winkwink:

AFM 38+6 today and no news....midwife tried a sweep on Tuesday but bub's head wasn't down :)growlmad: he's been almost fully engaged the past 2 checks!) I was 1cm dilated and cervix is forward but hasn't thinned at all. She said it's unlikely anything will happen in the next week. Will try another sweep on Wednesday. If that doesn't do anything then I'll be off to see the Ob at the hospital late next week for a plan...

Hey Maddy..we are unpacking ourselves :( tho that said OH will do most of it and once we get the main stuff done we can just slowly chip away at the rest of it.

Sounds like you are coping quite well with the last stretch. I did really well in the last few weeks with Keyara but this time is a bit tougher. Been having mild, irregular contractions for days and loosing small amounts of my mucus plug but nothing consistent..just really uncomfortable..and the pitted edema is not too fun either..hanging in there tho! Would rather wait till my daughter and our furniture arrives before I have bub anyway.

Thanks so much girls- so nice to know we are not the only ones who had trouble with sleep at this age :) Lily woke pretty much every hour or even 30 mins last night. Zzzzzz
Weird thing is she sleeps so well in the day and is on a perfect 3 hour cycle. I'm wondering if my supply drops in the evenings cos of my exhaustion atm? Will chat to the chn and paed next week! Thanks again for the reassurance xxx
Wish- I have nearly bollocked so any people who have crapped on about their babies sleeping through the night! I wonder whether lots of mothers lie? That, or the older ladies who had kids30+ years ago and can only remember the lovely things and not the sleepless nights, endless shooshing, patting, swaying etc!! I figure lil just has lots of spunk and although she's not placid- she will be personality plus ;)

Take- that's great that you have started with the mild contractions. You might be closer than you think! Maddy and take it's any day now!! So excited for you girls- keep us posted x

Oh Kirst, poor bubby maybe she has day and night mixed up so she's doing her sleeps during the daytime? Are you managing to snatch some :sleep: when she does?

Take, how ru feeling? Hope the uncomfortable-ness isn't too bad.

AFM, EDD is Friday and.....nothing... Have been walking for an hour every morning to try and move things along. Did some gardening this morning & helped DH put up a blind in the baby's room.... No signs he's coming and that"down-below" head-on-cervix pressure disappeared a week ago and hasn't come back. Next sweep is Wednesday morning.

Ankles so swollen its scary and loosing my mucus plug, bring it on as we are now in the house with practically no furniture till the end of the week, the hospital stay is looking very appealing!

Take- you are amazing doing this move so close to your due date!! Use the hospital stay to rest up if that's possible :) is your daughter excited?

Maddy- I bet your family is excited too!! Any day now! I keep checking in for your updates girls. Don't worry about not feeling anything... Although I was induced, I was already in pre labour before they started- 3cm and contracting regularly... but had no idea!!

Funny Kirst, I haven't felt any BH at all, so maybe I'll progress a few centimetres without feeling anything (that'd be a bonus! :thumbup:)

Weird people are checking for MY updates, I keep checking for Take's cos I reckon she's going REAL soon. I still don't feel like it's my time. Especially as Bing has been trying to excavate an alternative escape route through my ribs all day :haha:

*** Wednesday update: Sweep done. Slightly more dilated than last week's 1cm (today I'm 2cm and can stretch to 3cm) but cervix still not thinning. Head down but not fully engaged. Unless the sweep produces miracles, midwife fairly certain nothing's going to happen in the next few days.

Ahh how right you were Maddy. Cydney Eliana, 8lb 5oz was born Monday the 13th and 11:25pm. Waters broke after a bath a 6pm, hopped in car and off to hospital, contractions started at approx 7pm. I laboured pretty well just needed some gas in the last couple of hours. Struggled with pushing a bit and have some small tears and stitches but nothing too extreme. Home now, still minimal furniture but isn't really too bad. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow. So far Cydney is doing so well..full of mucus at the hospital and choked a couple of times which is scary. She has been a pretty top sleeper and feeder so far but no milk as yet so that's when the fun really will start so I won't get too cocky yet. Keyara adores her to pieces. Will try to post pics soon xx

https://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag115/lil_211/IMG_0441_zps57110345.jpg

https://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag115/lil_211/IMG_0446_zpsd745d865.jpg

Congrats Take! A beautiful picture and clearly a happy big sis :hugs:

Oh so happy for you take what a gorgeous little girl congratulations!! Keyara looks smitten! Can't believe you're home already well done love she's amazing x
You're next Maddy!!!

Congratulations take!! What a gorgeous bubba- 2 beautiful daughters! So glad all went well and things are going great! Enjoy every precious newborn moment xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->