Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well!!

So I have a silly question but I have to ask... Do they really put your legs in stirrups during egg collection and transfer?? I'm starting to get nervous about my ivf in just over a month and I just read this online and I don't know why but it freaks me out a little... Just being so exposed and vulnerable... I guess I just thought it would be like a pap smear or my hsg where you just bend you legs and put your feet on the table. Was anyone else nervous about this or am I just being a wuss? :wacko:

Also getting nervous about the injections and about it failing :nope:

Hi sparkle!

It's not a silly question at all! Yep there's defn stirrups involved! Well there was at my clinic for not only egg retrieval and transfer but also for all the scans. It can be quite full on but the nurses were so lovely and after all the scans, by the time I got to egg retrieval, I wasn't so nervous about it. Your nurses will he amazing and to them it is no big deal, they do it every day. They will make you feel comfortable. The things we do for babies hey?!

Keep us posted on how your cycle goes. We will be cheering you on!

K

Not a silly question Sparkle :) My clinic there were stirrups for ER and transfer but I was asleep for ER so they must of put my legs in them after they knocked me out. When I had transfer I sat there in the stirrups for like 5mins while they sorted out the embryo, but it felt like a lifetime as the OB was sitting there waiting for the needle :) You will be fine it is all over before you know it :) xx

Thanks ladies! Knew I could count on this thread :flower:

Stirrups for ultrasounds too! What :wacko: I've had 5-6 internal ultrasounds in my life including my tube test and they never used stirrups... Oh well like you said kris_t hopefully it will help me get used to it.

Did you find the ER painful? Miss Red were you in any pain when you woke up?

Thanks for your support ladies xxx

I wasn't in a lot of pain but just mild cramping. It wasn't till the next day that I felt really sick and in pain as I had moderate OHSS. My advise would be get some Hydrolyte and drink it as per the instructions! My FS said if I didn't use it with loads of water I would have probably ended up in hospital.

Hi ladies! I have a feeding monster that is 4 weeks today! Not sleeping in the day times except 10 min catnaps between hourly feeds, luckily nights are still good, only wakes 2-3 times.

Sparkle I didn't have any pain or difficulties recovering fm ER but then I only had a small number of eggs.

Don't hate me but Cydney slept 7 hours last night, wakes up twice at the most and sleeps 3-4 hour stretches through the day, I'm so blessed, thank god cause Keyara was the complete opposite as a baby!

That's awesome Take!! I better not rub in that Lincoln sleeps 8-8 every night then :haha:

oh wow Miss Red that is amazing!! You'd have 5 babies if they were all like that! The last 2 nights Cydney has only woken once for a feed, it is just lovely. I am sure because I have had it so easy now she will be the toddler from hell lol. Mind you the kid pukes and poos like a demon and all over everything so I need my sleep at night to get through all the washing throughout the day lol!

Good for you Take and Red. At least L still sleeps well at night. He wakes but just feeds and goes back to sleep. Started looking for answers about daytime sleep as he is soooo overtired. seems I have developed oversupply and L has tummy aches that make it difficult for him to stay asleep during the day. The past two days I've been block feeding on the advice of the ABA and we are seeing improvements already - today he took an afternoon nap of 4 hours and we haven't had any explosive green poo which is apparently a trademark of oversupply/too much foremilk. And at least he still sleeps well at night, or I might have become a lunatic by now.

I have the same prob Maddy, Cydney has the green explosive poos but sleeps well so I'm not too worried. I block fed for a week or 2 but I've dropped off a bit on that now because she sleeps so long between most of her feeds. Glad you've found it has helped you and Leo tho, it will take a few more weeks for our supply to settle, so I'm told by my midwife sister anyways.

Hey ladies! Wow you guys have hit the jack pot with all these unreal sleepers...Yo is a shocker! I still get up once a night! Oh well what are you gonna do? She started crawling at six months and hasn't stopped since! She's started pulling herself up on things and we had to drop the cot today! Gonna give ttc a red hot go from this month on eeek! We've been ntnp till now.. I still feel pretty relaxed though so we'll see.
Kirsti how's Lily? A bit more settled?
Take and maddy it's so nice to hear Cydney and Leo are doing so well! Those green poos were intense! I miss the new born days already!
Red Lincoln sounds like the perfect baby sleeping 12 hours wow.
How is everyone else doing? Updates?
Xx

And Aleja.... How's Marlon?
Here's an updated photo...I'd love to see yours!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 3
Wish- she is crazy cute, can't believe how big she is!

Hey ladies !
I'm enjoying reading through everyone's updates. I'd love to see more pics.
Marlon is well, now 7 months.. Not crawling yet but any day now as he is sort of crawling backwards at the moment .
I was just about to say he sleeps 12 hrs overnight but he woke up a few minutes ago 😂

Wish I can't believe its TTC time again.. Can you imagine you fall pregnant first round😱??!!

Sparkle GL with your upcoming cycle . I wasn't phased by the invasion of privacy by the 4th cycle .. It felt like Everyone had seen my vajajay.

I made an appt with a newer low cost clinic for late April but maybe will stick with old clinic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
Great Aleja, getting bigger very day... Have my 16 week scan on Tuesday, so really looking forward to that....

Actually you girls could probably help me... I'm totally confused about prams.... I want one that I can put a capsule straight into and that I can have the baby facing me and also facing away when it get a little older.... Also needs to be able to walk through a park on different terrains... What have your pram experiences been like and is there one in particular you can recommend.... I'm also budget restricted so would need to be $700 or less....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->