Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Yay good luck :dust:

Our clinic is open everyday and they do 5 day transfers. I stopped keeping track of my cycles as it was causing me too much anxiety so I actually don't really know when my period is due but I think it might be about a week... I can't believe its so soon... Eeek nervous and excited

It will go so fast! Our cycle flew by. What are you doing about work and everything? I had to call in sick... Ended up having about a week off in total as I was so ill! I think I had Er on Tuesday... And then transfer on Friday. So I had all of those days off in between. But I know a lot of ladies that felt fine after their Et! I was a rare case

Thanks ladies :hugs:

Oh wow Molly that really has flown by! That's great that everything is going smoothly and the ultrasound went well :happydance:

I've told my boss and given her the heads up that I will need some time off, she's pretty good with stuff like that so I'm lucky. Eveclo did you take any time off after ET too or did you just have the wknd? That's actually the time I'm worried about as I get really stressed at work, so I may take a few days even if I'm feeling well, although I guess the downside is having time off means more time thinking about the tww... Hmmm

Oh wow Molly that really has flown by! That's great that everything is going smoothly and the ultrasound went well :happydance:

I've told my boss and given her the heads up that I will need some time off, she's pretty good with stuff like that so I'm lucky. Eveclo did you take any time off after ET too or did you just have the wknd? That's actually the time I'm worried about as I get really stressed at work, so I may take a few days even if I'm feeling well, although I guess the downside is having time off means more time thinking about the tww... Hmmm

I think my ET fell on a Tuesday , and I had my transfer on the Friday. So I initially called in sick to work Tuesday/Wednesday, went in Thursday but I felt soooo crap I ended up leaving early and then called in sick again on Friday. My boss was on vacay at the time so I didn't want my work collegues to know so I just said I was ill... Which I was. Hehe. When I came out of Er I was bleeding through the pad/bed etc which was really strange. They still went ahead for a transfer but I had lost so much blood that I kept fainting. It was horrible. But there were about 6 ladies in the recovery room that felt awesome and fine I think I just wasn't Lucky. I would be taking the day of transfer and then 2 days after off work. It's hard because you can't really ask in advanced due to the timings being so unpredictable !

Thanks Sparkles! It's great that your boss is being really good about you taking the time off that you will need. At the end of the day, this is more important to us right now, and takes precedence over any old job!
I think my ET fell on a Tuesday , and I had my transfer on the Friday. So I initially called in sick to work Tuesday/Wednesday, went in Thursday but I felt soooo crap I ended up leaving early and then called in sick again on Friday. My boss was on vacay at the time so I didn't want my work collegues to know so I just said I was ill... Which I was. Hehe. When I came out of Er I was bleeding through the pad/bed etc which was really strange. They still went ahead for a transfer but I had lost so much blood that I kept fainting. It was horrible. But there were about 6 ladies in the recovery room that felt awesome and fine I think I just wasn't Lucky. I would be taking the day of transfer and then 2 days after off work. It's hard because you can't really ask in advanced due to the timings being so unpredictable !

Oh no Eveclo you poor thing! Sounds like you have had a really tough time of it! I hope you get a nice BFP which will make it all worth while! Sparkles I hope you and I are like the other ladies in Eveclo's recovery room! It can be hard with work, although I haven't had to take any time off YET- all my ultrasounds/blood tests are falling on my day's off! Although now I am going in tomorrow morning now for my next lot, I hope I will find out when ER will be. I am guessing it should be Thurs or Fri this week. Scary, but I want it done! So I might have to end up taking a day off work for that if it's Friday. Then there is putting it back in there so i might have ended up two days off work, which is lucky for my boss! He has also been supportive, but I did tell him that this means more to me than worrying about how he will re-staff the day. Priorities! Haha :thumbup:

Thanks Sparkles! It's great that your boss is being really good about you taking the time off that you will need. At the end of the day, this is more important to us right now, and takes precedence over any old job!

Oh no Eveclo you poor thing! Sounds like you have had a really tough time of it! I hope you get a nice BFP which will make it all worth while! Sparkles I hope you and I are like the other ladies in Eveclo's recovery room! It can be hard with work, although I haven't had to take any time off YET- all my ultrasounds/blood tests are falling on my day's off! Although now I am going in tomorrow morning now for my next lot, I hope I will find out when ER will be. I am guessing it should be Thurs or Fri this week. Scary, but I want it done! So I might have to end up taking a day off work for that if it's Friday. Then there is putting it back in there so i might have ended up two days off work, which is lucky for my boss! He has also been supportive, but I did tell him that this means more to me than worrying about how he will re-staff the day. Priorities! Haha :thumbup:

I think I was such a rare case! I don't ever take medication/pain killers or anything so I think that's why everything affected me so much. :)

That's awesome that your boss is understanding and supportive! It really helps. Is your dr planning on a 3 day or a 5 day transfer? And one or two embryos? Have you had a scan to check on your follicles? I was lucky that all my follicles had a egg (although only 10/11 mature). Hopefully your the same! I would have liked 15 eggs... That's what my hope was but the doctor said usually the less you have the better quality they are!

Good luck! Let us know when ER is :)

Oh wow eveclo that sounds horrible you poor thing :hugs: 10 mature eggs is good though! how many frosties do you have now? when is your blood test? Are you going to poas first? I know I won't be able to help myself haha

Maybe Thurs or Fri Molly...How exciting! :happydance: have they told you at ur ultrasound how many follis you have so far?

Work is just work, this is our lives!

Great chatting with you ladies, I love having someone to talk to going through the same thing xx

Oh wow eveclo that sounds horrible you poor thing :hugs: 10 mature eggs is good though! how many frosties do you have now? when is your blood test? Are you going to poas first? I know I won't be able to help myself haha

Maybe Thurs or Fri Molly...How exciting! :happydance: have they told you at ur ultrasound how many follis you have so far?

Work is just work, this is our lives!

Great chatting with you ladies, I love having someone to talk to going through the same thing xx

I had 5 good embryos by the end of it. On day 3 they froze 3 of my best. And transferred one. And then there were a few that were ok and holding on and they kept growing just to see and then one made it to day 5 and looked good. So they froze it ;)

So now after the fresh, and the FET I have 3 left. (2 x 3 day + 1 x 5 day.) which is great! Considering some people get none. At least it gives us a chance at pregnancy than trying naturally anyway. I think it's about 20% each time with a FET which is the same as trying naturally with no health issues :)

My blood test is Thursday next week (27th I believe)! I'm so nervous. I think I'm going to text on Sunday or Monday. I have left myself one first response so I don't want to use it or waste it on a day where it is unlikely. I figure Sunday is 8dp5dt, so it should come up!

Ahh it's so exciting doing ivf ! It's really the closest we get to becoming pregnant. How long have you been trying sparkle ??

We will have our fingers crossed for you Eveclo! We are nervous right here with you! Haha :D
I went for my 2nd ultrasound and blood test today, apparently my follies are growing slowly (which they are happy with-PCOS thing) but that means they want me in for another ultrasound and blood test on Fri before work and they might be able to tell me when egg collection will be then.I don't know the number of follicles I have, they haven't told me. I will ask them for sure on Friday though! Nurse said that the EARLIEST I will be in for that will probably be Monday next week. Kinda bummed because I thought I'd have egg collection this week. Oh well!
IVF is exciting although today I am a bit tired and a bit over being poked and prodded and stabbed. I need a nice long soak in the bath tonight I think, and an early night!
Thanks for 'listening' girls, I appreciate it.
Sparkles you are right- it's nice to share it with girls going through the same thing! :)

We will have our fingers crossed for you Eveclo! We are nervous right here with you! Haha :D
I went for my 2nd ultrasound and blood test today, apparently my follies are growing slowly (which they are happy with-PCOS thing) but that means they want me in for another ultrasound and blood test on Fri before work and they might be able to tell me when egg collection will be then.I don't know the number of follicles I have, they haven't told me. I will ask them for sure on Friday though! Nurse said that the EARLIEST I will be in for that will probably be Monday next week. Kinda bummed because I thought I'd have egg collection this week. Oh well!
IVF is exciting although today I am a bit tired and a bit over being poked and prodded and stabbed. I need a nice long soak in the bath tonight I think, and an early night!
Sparkles you are right- it's nice to share it with girls going through the same thing! :)

That's ok! As long as they are growing that's all that matters :)

My old boss had PCOS, and she did IVF & fell pregnant first go with her first little boy. She went back and had a FET, and also fell pregnant. I think the good thing about PCOS & IVF is definitely that once the eggs are there and the ovaries are out of the equation, there's usually a good sign your eggs are good quality & the sperm is hopefully good too. :)

Definitely bath soak! Epsoms salts helped me with the fullness and everything. I slept so much whilst stimming too haha. It was great cos I had an excuse ;) next week will be here before you know it, keep us updated on how your ultrasound goes:) :happydance:

I had 5 good embryos by the end of it. On day 3 they froze 3 of my best. And transferred one. And then there were a few that were ok and holding on and they kept growing just to see and then one made it to day 5 and looked good. So they froze it ;)

So now after the fresh, and the FET I have 3 left. (2 x 3 day + 1 x 5 day.) which is great! Considering some people get none. At least it gives us a chance at pregnancy than trying naturally anyway. I think it's about 20% each time with a FET which is the same as trying naturally with no health issues :)

My blood test is Thursday next week (27th I believe)! I'm so nervous. I think I'm going to text on Sunday or Monday. I have left myself one first response so I don't want to use it or waste it on a day where it is unlikely. I figure Sunday is 8dp5dt, so it should come up!

Ahh it's so exciting doing ivf ! It's really the closest we get to becoming pregnant. How long have you been trying sparkle ??

5 embies is great! I will be so happy if I get that many! Fingers and toes crossed for ur test :)

We've been trying since nov 12, so what's that about 1 1/2 years. Not long compared to some but feels like an eternity...

Oh sorry Molly it's not going to be this week, I can imagine you would definitely get over the needles, blood tests and ultrasounds pretty darn quick and would just want to get it done asap! Although then comes the dreaded tww... I think pampering yourself sounds like a great idea, maybe get a bell and make hubby your slave haha that's what I'm gonna do... lol

So AF arrived this morning, I'm just waiting on a call back from my nurse coordinator but I guess I will get my blood test tomorrow morning and then should hopefully pick up my meds on sat morning. So excited and a bit nervous that it's all starting!

So AF arrived this morning, I'm just waiting on a call back from my nurse coordinator but I guess I will get my blood test tomorrow morning and then should hopefully pick up my meds on sat morning. So excited and a bit nervous that it's all starting!

Yay! That's great news. It is such an exciting time! I hope you go ok with the injections- it's daunting starting with the gonal f but if you squeeze your skin enough it doesn't hurt at all;)

As for me... I'm now 5dp5dt... (10dpo) and I'm having the worst headaches! And lower tummy / uterus is so bloated I actually look 15 weeks pregnant haha:( I'm hoping its a good Sign but its hard to be confident in anything. No bleeding or cramps or anything so probably not..

I'm planning to test on Sunday. Because my embryo was a morula (more like a 4 day instead of 5) I'm technically only 9dpo. At least on Sunday ill be 12/13dpo so it will be an accurate answer. Ahh I'm so nervous I really just want to know! I just have a feeling it's another negative :( need to try and be positive!

As for me... I'm now 5dp5dt... (10dpo) and I'm having the worst headaches! And lower tummy / uterus is so bloated I actually look 15 weeks pregnant haha:( I'm hoping its a good Sign but its hard to be confident in anything. No bleeding or cramps or anything so probably not..

I'm planning to test on Sunday. Because my embryo was a morula (more like a 4 day instead of 5) I'm technically only 9dpo. At least on Sunday ill be 12/13dpo so it will be an accurate answer. Ahh I'm so nervous I really just want to know! I just have a feeling it's another negative :( need to try and be positive!

Aww hun! I bet its sooo hard wanting to know if its positive or negative but I would highly suggest staying away from HPT's if you are having a blood test through your clinic anyway.
Every month before now I have tested every day from 5DPO onwards and it really does your head in. I can only imagine how difficult it is while doing IVF! After all, there is already so much invested.
Pamper yourself! Hopefully you will have a baby soon so you won't have time to do that for yourself much longer ;)

YAY Sparkle! Not long to go now!!!
Do you know what protocol you are doing/ what meds you will be on?
I do Gonal F injects (since cycle day 2) and about cycle day 7 I also started Orgalutran injects. Then I will do the Ovidrel injects when they tell me.
Let the games begin! :p
p.s loved your idea about the DH slave bell! I have a little bell a friend gave me on my hens which has "SEX" written on it. I will use that, but I can imagine the disappointment on his face when he realizes that it isn't THAT I am ringing for! Hahaha!

5 embies is great! I will be so happy if I get that many! Fingers and toes crossed for ur test :)

We've been trying since nov 12, so what's that about 1 1/2 years. Not long compared to some but feels like an eternity...

It really is. We are lucky to have 5, but as long as there is just one good one in the batch I will be ecstatic !

Ohhh no, I feel you! We have been 'officially' ttc since December 2012. We tried from march-June but weren't really trying or tracking before my husband went away for work for a few months. Understandably some people do try for longer, but when it's your own self & you know something isn't working the way it should be working- it feels like forever and you just want it fixed right then & there!

Hi Girls, So sorry I have been MIA the last few weeks, I have been super busy with Lincoln. He will be 8 months old on Monday, and is crawling, sitting and standing up. He has got his bottom 2 teeth and one of his top teeth has come through yesterday :)

I have started my weightless journey for bub #2 as I need to lose about 8kgs. I am following a strict diet and working out 5 times a week. Thankfully it hasn't affected my milk supply :thumbup:

Aleja & Wish - I love the pics of kids they are just gorgeous and Yo is so cheeky standing in her cot :) xx

Eveclo - Good luck with testing, got everything crossed for you xx

Sparkle - Yay for AF :dance: What protocol are you doing? xx

Molly - How are feeling with the drugs? xx

We were very lucky to have 5, I agree. It does feel like a long time & it is! I have been trying one less month than you haha and I understand completely ! It's hard when it's yourself that goes though it all.

I hope your bloods have come back ok! I'm guessing you'll be starting meds soon:) yay.

AFM I am getting sooo nervous to take a test. I don't think this has worked but to see a stark white test scares me! I'm waiting until Sunday and If I still have no spotting I will do it. Last cycle I got my period 13 dpo (10 dp3 dt) but was spotting a bit before that. Period is due Tuesday/Wednesday and blood test is Thursday. Guess its just a waiting game but I'm definitely not feeling brave enough to test now! Especially since its the weekend. :thumbup:

Hi Girls, So sorry I have been MIA the last few weeks, I have been super busy with Lincoln. He will be 8 months old on Monday, and is crawling, sitting and standing up. He has got his bottom 2 teeth and one of his top teeth has come through yesterday :)

I have started my weightless journey for bub #2 as I need to lose about 8kgs. I am following a strict diet and working out 5 times a week. Thankfully it hasn't affected my milk supply :thumbup:

Aleja & Wish - I love the pics of kids they are just gorgeous and Yo is so cheeky standing in her cot :) xx

Eveclo - Good luck with testing, got everything crossed for you xx

Sparkle - Yay for AF :dance: What protocol are you doing? xx

Molly - How are feeling with the drugs? xx

Hi Miss Redknob :) happy 8 month Lincoln !

I was curious, I notice Lincoln is a baby from a FET, which is what I am Doing now... When did you get your positive? I'm currently 6dp5dt & I am so nervous to test I keep putting it off! Our embryo was a morula so only 4 day technically as it was a little slow but getting faster and was said to be a blast by that after noon (most likely and if it kept growing!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->