Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Oh Eve I'm really sorry :hugs: hopefully you have success this time anyway and wont need any frosties :) I understand that it would be disappointing though to not have any backup especially as you had so many last time. I'm surprised the exact same protocol had such a different yield. But then I guess you could look it in a different way that last time you had more embryos but none stuck, maybe this time with less embryos they will be better quality and one or both will be your sticky babies! I'm sending lots of positive sticky vibes your way, I really hope this is your time xxx

Eveclo - I also got a call today… no fro sties… so upset :cry:
I will try to keep positive since I had two good blasts and maybe my stupid body will hold them both! I really wish I have twins and then I will be done! Good luck for you!!!!! I am now just waiting the day to test… :flower::hugs::flower:

Oh Eve I'm really sorry :hugs: hopefully you have success this time anyway and wont need any frosties :) I understand that it would be disappointing though to not have any backup especially as you had so many last time. I'm surprised the exact same protocol had such a different yield. But then I guess you could look it in a different way that last time you had more embryos but none stuck, maybe this time with less embryos they will be better quality and one or both will be your sticky babies! I'm sending lots of positive sticky vibes your way, I really hope this is your time xxx

Eveclo - I also got a call today… no fro sties… so upset :cry:
I will try to keep positive since I had two good blasts and maybe my stupid body will hold them both! I really wish I have twins and then I will be done! Good luck for you!!!!! I am now just waiting the day to test… :flower::hugs::flower:

Oh no! I feel your pain regarding having no frosties! So painful! I wasn't expecting such a crappy cycle considering my last was so good! I hope you have twins too :) the only thing we can do now until our test date :) good luck, hope those bubs are getting nice and comfy :hugs:

Oh ladies I'm sorry about the no frosties :hugs:

Maybe you'll both end up with twins this cycle though! How cool would that be! I'd love twins :baby::baby:

Eve I definitely think it's too early to think about sperm donors, if this cycle doesn't work there is still so many more things you can try, definitely the sperm DNA fragmentation test, also have you been tested for natural killer cells? Also you could do PGD testing on your embryos... That's just a couple of things I can think of but I'm sure a dr would have more suggestions... You could also try a different protocol like long down regulation or flare which might get you a higher quantity of blasts on day 5... Not that I think you'll need any of it cos I'm sure you're already up the duff :winkwink: haha

Oh ladies I'm sorry about the no frosties :hugs:

Maybe you'll both end up with twins this cycle though! How cool would that be! I'd love twins :baby::baby:

Eve I definitely think it's too early to think about sperm donors, if this cycle doesn't work there is still so many more things you can try, definitely the sperm DNA fragmentation test, also have you been tested for natural killer cells? Also you could do PGD testing on your embryos... That's just a couple of things I can think of but I'm sure a dr would have more suggestions... You could also try a different protocol like long down regulation or flare which might get you a higher quantity of blasts on day 5... Not that I think you'll need any of it cos I'm sure you're already up the duff :winkwink: haha

Haha, you are the best! Thankyou, sometimes I need a kick in the bum to stop being so pessimistic. You're so right though, we do have a lot more options before we give in. I think I just need to find a perfect doctor that likes to change things up. I'm going to request these tests when my doc calls me after my blood test. WITH GOOD NEWS :winkwink:

How is everything going with you? Any signs of AF coming yet?

That's all right we've all been through a lot so I think being pessimistic sometimes or a lot of the time comes with the territory. That's why we're all here to support each other and remind each other of the positives and that there is still plenty of options and plenty of hope :hugs: I spoke to my dr yesterday and 1 thing that she said was that ivf can be a bit like tossing a coin. She was referring to my embryo that looked great but still wasn't successful and trying to say that it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with at least some of the others. I remember at Anzac Day last year watching the two up and it was tails something like 7 or 8 times in a row! I hope that it doesn't take either of us that many shots though!!!

AFM still no signs of AF :dohh: my dr said that the spotting and bleeding I had last wknd could have been it but I don't think it was enough, it was much lighter than a normal period and I already have very light periods. I took another test this morning hoping there would be no line but there was a really faint one. My dr said that if my levels aren't close to zero at my blood test Monday we will have to wait another cycle to do a FET :cry: this sucks!

Hope your having a fun and relaxing wknd lovely! How are you feeling?

Xxx

That's all right we've all been through a lot so I think being pessimistic sometimes or a lot of the time comes with the territory. That's why we're all here to support each other and remind each other of the positives and that there is still plenty of options and plenty of hope :hugs: I spoke to my dr yesterday and 1 thing that she said was that ivf can be a bit like tossing a coin. She was referring to my embryo that looked great but still wasn't successful and trying to say that it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with at least some of the others. I remember at Anzac Day last year watching the two up and it was tails something like 7 or 8 times in a row! I hope that it doesn't take either of us that many shots though!!!

AFM still no signs of AF :dohh: my dr said that the spotting and bleeding I had last wknd could have been it but I don't think it was enough, it was much lighter than a normal period and I already have very light periods. I took another test this morning hoping there would be no line but there was a really faint one. My dr said that if my levels aren't close to zero at my blood test Monday we will have to wait another cycle to do a FET :cry: this sucks!

Xxx

Oh my goodness I hope it doesn't take that long haha! But you're right. We're all in This together! That would be so annoying to wait another cycle! But in the big scheme of things, as long as the cycle is perfect then you may have a better chance? Just wish the bod would get into gear for you! I'm glad they're giving you another blood test... Is there any meds they can give to bring on a period? Or is it more about letting nature run its course?

I'm feeling really good, I've been sooo busy since transfer day, so I haven't even had a chance to sit and think about anything which is good. My boobs are absolutely killing me, I think because I'm on quite a fair bit of that progesterone and have been on for a while. They always get sore before AF, but since I'm only 3dp5dt I am probably just feeling that progesterone rise. Super painful though, especially when my husband does that bear hug squeeze and I have to remind him haha.

I'm not even going to do a pregnancy test this cycle I don't think. Just going to go for that blood test. I'd rather hear a negative result from my doctor than from one of those silly sticks. I hate looking at the one line and I think that actually visually seeing just a white stick makes it feel so much worse. So this time I'm opting out. I don't even feel like I've done a transfer haha.

I'm getting so excited for your FET though, I can't wait to see what happens. I know you have heaps of great blasts which is amazing! You have a few hatching, am I right? I know that this one you transferred wasn't hatching but it was a perfect quality, but the others were hatching? I can't really remember exactly, but that's super exciting!

I hope you're having a great weekend! Xxx

Xxx

Oh my goodness I hope it doesn't take that long haha! But you're right. We're all in This together! That would be so annoying to wait another cycle! But in the big scheme of things, as long as the cycle is perfect then you may have a better chance? Just wish the bod would get into gear for you! I'm glad they're giving you another blood test... Is there any meds they can give to bring on a period? Or is it more about letting nature run its course?

I'm feeling really good, I've been sooo busy since transfer day, so I haven't even had a chance to sit and think about anything which is good. My boobs are absolutely killing me, I think because I'm on quite a fair bit of that progesterone and have been on for a while. They always get sore before AF, but since I'm only 3dp5dt I am probably just feeling that progesterone rise. Super painful though, especially when my husband does that bear hug squeeze and I have to remind him haha.

I'm not even going to do a pregnancy test this cycle I don't think. Just going to go for that blood test. I'd rather hear a negative result from my doctor than from one of those silly sticks. I hate looking at the one line and I think that actually visually seeing just a white stick makes it feel so much worse. So this time I'm opting out. I don't even feel like I've done a transfer haha.

I'm getting so excited for your FET though, I can't wait to see what happens. I know you have heaps of great blasts which is amazing! You have a few hatching, am I right? I know that this one you transferred wasn't hatching but it was a perfect quality, but the others were hatching? I can't really remember exactly, but that's super exciting!

Eveclo…. I wish I had your self control… I already have two boxes of FRER just waiting my 5dp5dt… Hahaha. Today I tested with one left over from the last cycle to see if my HCG from the trigger shot is out of my body, but it's still there! Very visible! I am a control freak and unfortunately I can't control this fricking hormones to get out faster.
I think I am the opposite of you. A rather know before my blood test…

Well… A few more days and we will know if we can change our status from PUPO to PREGO!!! :yippee: or go to a bar and get really drunk :drunk: and cry :sad2: Hope the first option for all of us!!!! :dust:

Xxx

Eveclo…. I wish I had your self control… I already have two boxes of FRER just waiting my 5dp5dt… Hahaha. Today I tested with one left over from the last cycle to see if my HCG from the trigger shot is out of my body, but it's still there! Very visible! I am a control freak and unfortunately I can't control this fricking hormones to get out faster.
I think I am the opposite of you. A rather know before my blood test…

Well… A few more days and we will know if we can change our status from PUPO to PREGO!!! :yippee: or go to a bar and get really drunk :drunk: and cry :sad2: Hope the first option for all of us!!!! :dust:

Haha- each to their own! I was like that my first cycle I wanted to know! But after seeing the same thing every cycle it just become too hard! I'm may end up testing the morning of the blood test just so I know not to cry when she calls haha. Wow! Really? The HCG is still in there ? I haven't tested that... I used an Internet cheapy on the day of transfer and there was no second line at all. So I assumed that it was gone by now. :)

I hope we can do the first part of that too! Are you feeling good?

Glad you've been having a nice wknd :) I completely understand why you want to wait until your blood test, I was a complete POAS addict before ivf but when I got the bfn at 6dp5dt and was so heartbroken, I vowed not to test so early again. I also don't know whether it was a good thing testing at 9dp5dt and being so over the moon getting a bfp only for it to all end so quickly :cry: maybe it would've been better if I didn't know...

When is your OTD? Miracle when is your OTD?

Good memory hun :winkwink: I have at least 2 hatching blasts, the other 3 are also blasts but I can't remember what kind... You're right that we wouldn't want to go ahead with a cycle if our chances would be reduced. I had a little cramping and the tiniest bit of spotting this morning and was really happy as I thought AF was on the way, but still nothing :growlmad: and still a faint line on my test this morning. I'm really thinking we're gonna have to wait a cycle to try again, and that's if my cycle ever even starts! So confused and a bit sad, just want this to end so I can move on...

Sorry for the whinging... I'm having a low day :(

Xxx

Glad you've been having a nice wknd :) I completely understand why you want to wait until your blood test, I was a complete POAS addict before ivf but when I got the bfn at 6dp5dt and was so heartbroken, I vowed not to test so early again. I also don't know whether it was a good thing testing at 9dp5dt and being so over the moon getting a bfp only for it to all end so quickly :cry: maybe it would've been better if I didn't know...

Good memory hun :winkwink: I have at least 2 hatching blasts, the other 3 are also blasts but I can't remember what kind... You're right that we wouldn't want to go ahead with a cycle if our chances would be reduced. I had a little cramping and the tiniest bit of spotting this morning and was really happy as I thought AF was on the way, but still nothing :growlmad: and still a faint line on my test this morning. I'm really thinking we're gonna have to wait a cycle to try again, and that's if my cycle ever even starts! So confused and a bit sad, just want this to end so I can move on...

Xxx

Argh how annoying! Please don't be sorry, that's what we are all here for! I hope that something starts happening soon for you sparkle. I understand how frustrated you must be! I can't believe there is still a faint line! You have a blood test today don't you? I hope that your numbers are going down:( otherwise, do you just have to wait it out? I can't believe they don't have anything they can give you to hurry this process along.. So painful!

That's such a great amount of embryos!

My official test date is next Monday. The 26th I believe it is. So I'll see if I start spotting before then, I always get a bit before my blood test usually. Not last FET though, and I'm on the same amount of progesterone so maybe not. We'll see :)

Good luck with your blood test :hugs:

Xxx

Argh how annoying! Please don't be sorry, that's what we are all here for! I hope that something starts happening soon for you sparkle. I understand how frustrated you must be! I can't believe there is still a faint line! You have a blood test today don't you? I hope that your numbers are going down:( otherwise, do you just have to wait it out? I can't believe they don't have anything they can give you to hurry this process along.. So painful!

That's such a great amount of embryos!

My official test date is next Monday. The 26th I believe it is. So I'll see if I start spotting before then, I always get a bit before my blood test usually. Not last FET though, and I'm on the same amount of progesterone so maybe not. We'll see :)

Good luck with your blood test :hugs:

Today I am 4dp5dt. 11 days after my trigger shot. I tested tonight and the two lines are still there. Very visible… :confused: No lighter or darker than last night. All the same. I was reading and some women can have their trigger in the system as long as 14 days. I don't have sore boobs or cramping!!! Nothing! Nada!

:dust::dust::dust: for all of you!!!!! All of you will be in my prayers!!!:hugs:

How did your blood test go Sparkle? Any lower numbers? Been thinking of you x

Hello girls…. Thanks God I found this place to vent a little bit… I woke up this morning and of course… Tested again to see if my trigger shot was completely out! The second line faded out considerably from the last test and now is very light. I still can see it well but is faint… In the afternoon I can say I am 5dp5dt and I wish I could say this faint line was my real BFP. It sucks that my body metabolize the trigger so slow… 12 days to be completely gone… Really??? Getting closer to the finish line is so scary…](*,)

Thanks Eve, my hcg has gone up but only to 118 :( it still means of course that it's not viable but it also means more waiting. I just want this to be over so I can move on :cry: I'm actually considering taking a break for a couple of months, I want a baby so bad but I just feel like it's not going to happen and it will just be more pain and heartbreak.

I've got to go back again on Thursday for another blood test :dohh: and if my levels haven't gone down then an ultrasound on Friday. They only mentioned it as a small possibility but I'm really anxious that it could be an ectopic... :cry:

Thanks Eve, my hcg has gone up but only to 118 :( it still means of course that it's not viable but it also means more waiting. I just want this to be over so I can move on :cry: I'm actually considering taking a break for a couple of months, I want a baby so bad but I just feel like it's not going to happen and it will just be more pain and heartbreak.

I've got to go back again on Thursday for another blood test :dohh: and if my levels haven't gone down then an ultrasound on Friday. They only mentioned it as a small possibility but I'm really anxious that it could be an ectopic... :cry:

Geez that's a big jump though... How frustrating and my goodness I hope it's not ectopic! How do they find out if it is?

Sparkle, I completely understand the feeling of wanting it now. You know, you try naturally for so long and then have an answer as to why it hasn't happened and then how you can fix it,so you want that as soon as possible. And there's nothing wrong with that, you just want what everyone else can have without even thinking about it! If you're feeling down & stressed then maybe a little break could help? Your embies are still going to be there in a few months time? Maybe all this future muma needs is to regroup and get a bit of her strength back. I know I am a little bit excited for an ivf break if this one doesn't work. It starts to consume you and takes a bit of a toll on your relationship. See how you feel after your second blood test, but I can highly recommend being in a stressless state of mind for the benefit of both you & those little frosties:)

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I hope you have some more answers soon! :hugs:

Thanks so much Eve :hugs:

I spoke to a nurse at my clinic and she told me to come in for a blood test tomorrow morning instead of Thursday just to help ease my mind. She said they don't think it's ectopic as my progesterone has dropped so they think AF should come soon, it made me feel a little better but at the same time they've been telling me for a week now that it should happen soon so who knows... Apparently it can be hard to tell if it's ectopic at this early a stage as there may not be anything on the ultrasound but they said they will send me anyway on Thursday if my hcg hasn't gone down tomorrow.

Haven't told DH that I'm thinking I might want to take a break for a couple of months. I know he'll be really disappointed :( you're right I definitely need to get my strength back I guess I'm just scared that I might have the same result again, at the same though am I just delaying the inevitable... I guess I don't need to decide now, this pregnancy hasn't even ended yet and we might have to take at least a 1 cycle break anyway.

Eve I really want to ask you all the time "how are you feeling?" "Any signs?" etc but I can tell you don't really want to think about it too much so I'm not going to ask, just know that I'm any thinking of you and wishing all the best for you and anytime you do want to talk about it I definitely want to hear about it ok :hugs:

Have you started packing yet? And have you found a place or will you find one when you get there?

Xxxx

Thanks so much Eve :hugs:

I spoke to a nurse at my clinic and she told me to come in for a blood test tomorrow morning instead of Thursday just to help ease my mind. She said they don't think it's ectopic as my progesterone has dropped so they think AF should come soon, it made me feel a little better but at the same time they've been telling me for a week now that it should happen soon so who knows... Apparently it can be hard to tell if it's ectopic at this early a stage as there may not be anything on the ultrasound but they said they will send me anyway on Thursday if my hcg hasn't gone down tomorrow.

Haven't told DH that I'm thinking I might want to take a break for a couple of months. I know he'll be really disappointed :( you're right I definitely need to get my strength back I guess I'm just scared that I might have the same result again, at the same though am I just delaying the inevitable... I guess I don't need to decide now, this pregnancy hasn't even ended yet and we might have to take at least a 1 cycle break anyway.

Eve I really want to ask you all the time "how are you feeling?" "Any signs?" etc but I can tell you don't really want to think about it too much so I'm not going to ask, just know that I'm any thinking of you and wishing all the best for you and anytime you do want to talk about it I definitely want to hear about it ok :hugs:

Have you started packing yet? And have you found a place or will you find one when you get there?

Xxxx

I really hope it's not ectopic ! It's the last thing you need right now :( at least if you go in tomorrow you'll be able to know a bit more whats going on. It sounds like the nurse was quite nice :)

You never know- this one month break may be all you need. It is scary to jump into it again, and I can completely understand your worry of this happening again. I've felt it every time we have to start over. But it's funny, this whole infertility stuff really makes you strong. My heart can take a lot more than I thought it could. Just don't forget about yourself in this whole journey. Although we do both have male factors in our baby making journey, a lot of this ivf stuff falls on us physically. I know that our husbands are there for us & also going on this journey but we have to do the injecting, and take the full of it all when it doesn't work as ultimately it's our body. But you, miss, are the most important person in this journey. So spoil yourself a little every now and then! It sounds like you need just a bit of chill time!

Awh and thankyou, you're so sweet. I know I haven't been very chatty about this cycle. I honestly haven't really thought about it myself. My husband and I haven't really chat about this cycle apart from the fact that I've emailed the clinic down there & asked what we needed for a referral... How's that for being negative! Haha. I really am not feeling too negative, as I am not thinking in a 'bad' way... It's just I'm not thinking at all. I guess it's more to protect myself and my spirit. I am super disappointed with this cycle, but I just can't accept feeling sorry for myself. Being sad doesn't make anything happen. So I've just decided to be me, and go on with life.

I'm 6dp5dt today. Haven't tested, probably won't until Monday or Sunday (Monday is my blood test). I don't even want to go near any haha. I feel nothing different to my normal cycles, and my previous FET's. I feel like a pro at my body now, so the fact that nothing is different does make me feel like we will get a negative, although I know stranger things have happened. Other than that, I feel great except my right ovary has been hurting today, maybe excess fluid from the cycle. I'm back at work this week which also helps me not think about things!

Well, we have a rental home down there organized starting In July. I'm getting so nervous to leave my job, leave my family & friends. I feel like its bad timing with all of this bad news, but this is our journey, so ill just take it as it comes:)

Wow I just realized how MASSIVE that message was. Better get back to work, getting the eyeballs around the office hehe.

Thanks Sparkle, I really appreciate it. Let's keep our Chins up :hugs:

Hi girls- I've been reading along and cheering from the side lines!! Eve and miracle, I really hope this is it for you guys. The tww is torturously long but you are nearly there. Eve you sound like you're in a great place and are so strong! I was such an emotional roller coaster and I admire how grounded you sound. I wish you all the best for your results.

Sparkle I just wanted to jump in and share something I have heard and believe to be true (but I can't remember where I heard it or have any scientific proof behind it- so anyone feel free to let me know if I'm wrong!) but after my miscarriage, I read that the next cycle/ next 3 months afterwards you are at your most fertile. Apparently the little bit of hcg can help with implanting or something soon after. Not sure if it's true but we were successful the very next cycle after the m/c. It took months for my hcg to go back to normal. I had a d&c in the first week of jan and my next cycle (we did a successful fet) wasn't until the march. I suppose the trigger shot is hcg isn't it? So maybe there is truth there? it was also true for my sister who fell preggo 1 cycle after a m/c. I hope this gives you hope and to let you know that if you feel ready, you defn have a good chance.

Hi girls- I've been reading along and cheering from the side lines!! Eve and miracle, I really hope this is it for you guys. The tww is torturously long but you are nearly there. Eve you sound like you're in a great place and are so strong! I was such an emotional roller coaster and I admire how grounded you sound. I wish you all the best for your results.

Sparkle I just wanted to jump in and share something I have heard and believe to be true (but I can't remember where I heard it or have any scientific proof behind it- so anyone feel free to let me know if I'm wrong!) but after my miscarriage, I read that the next cycle/ next 3 months afterwards you are at your most fertile. Apparently the little bit of hcg can help with implanting or something soon after. Not sure if it's true but we were successful the very next cycle after the m/c. It took months for my hcg to go back to normal. I had a d&c in the first week of jan and my next cycle (we did a successful fet) wasn't until the march. I suppose the trigger shot is hcg isn't it? So maybe there is truth there? it was also true for my sister who fell preggo 1 cycle after a m/c. I hope this gives you hope and to let you know that if you feel ready, you defn have a good chance.

Thank you K, my husband and I have kind of learnt to just expect bad news, so good news is always a very pleasant surprise! Just waiting for a little bit of it ;)

and yay! all of that information seems to point that the HCG can help. I have read that some women do have HCG injections as well to aid implantation, i believe it was one of the ladies on this forum actually? I may be wrong.

Sparkle time is coming next cycle, I have a very strong feeling. :happydance::happydance:

[/QUOTE]Thank you K, my husband and I have kind of learnt to just expect bad news, so good news is always a very pleasant surprise! Just waiting for a little bit of it ;)

and yay! all of that information seems to point that the HCG can help. I have read that some women do have HCG injections as well to aid implantation, i believe it was one of the ladies on this forum actually? I may be wrong.

Sparkle time is coming next cycle, I have a very strong feeling. :happydance::happydance:[/QUOTE]

Eve, I've also been reading along cheering for you all to get a BFP! I understand how hard it is to go through cycle after cycle..... Keep strong by not testing. The cycle I got pregnant I went for my blood test and they took so damn long with my results I was just about to do the pee test!!! I did it anyway after the call just so I could see the two lines :happydance:

Sparkle, it's always good to have a break in between cycles. It does take a toll on your body. The other thing I had done was a endometrial biopsy which tests your natural killer cells (which is basically your little lady bits kicking the crap out of anything that comes near it). Mine were slightly elevated so my OB put me on antibiotics and I was on steroids until I was almost 13 weeks.... I can't say what did the trick... My husband still thinks it was our frozen popsicle (we had one fresh and one frozen put back in) but whatever it was, I'm eternally grateful.

I wish you all the best of luck and hope you all get positive news very soon! :hugs::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->