Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Oh yay didn't see your last post before I replied. Yay for wed!! :happydance:

Now just to wait again huh... The waiting is the killer :wacko:

And how have you been feeling, any cramping or pain? Hope you've been taking it easy :winkwink:

Oh that's annoying about ur dr not calling although I guess that means you're doing a day 5 transfer so she must be happy with how the embies are going so far which is good :thumbup: I know what you mean some of the nurses at my clinic are great and some not so great, it's such a gamble, I hope it's a nice one tomorrow to give me my bad news :(

The drs always say it's a numbers game and you're time is definitely due hun, I'm very positive that your sticky bean is there growing away and getting nice and strong as we speak :dust:

I'm still bleeding but it's mostly quite light, heavier though just before I'm due to take another dose of crinone... I didn't go to work today, it would've been a good distraction but I just wasn't up for it, I'm pretty devastated but I think I would have felt similar even if it was a plain old bfn :cry:

You're right I'm very lucky to have some great frosties for next time, when this is all over and we can get started on the next round I will pick myself back up and get hopeful again.

I will definitely talk to my dr about my low progesterone and if there is anything we can do, I'm sure she will say it was caused by the unviable embryo and there is no problem blah blah blah but I'm going to push to see what we can do anyway just to make sure, maybe an extra blood test or 2 in the tww to check it, or extra progesterone support (I don't think they normally give it at all in unmedicated FET cycles so I'm sure I will have to push even to get it at all), maybe I'm wrong but I just have a feeling this is an issue especially because of my previous spotting issues.

I'm also going to do acupunture before and after my transfer, I think I will just do it at my clinic, I wanted to find somewhere more convenient so I could go more regularly but for this cycle I think I will just do it on the day.

Xxx

She wasn't too bad, just always makes me feel like I'm bothering her when the other lady is all 'How are you/ how are you feeling, how are your embryos etc.' this one just says 'hi, ok ill find out' and then goes away... Haha.

Definitely push the progesterone issue. I have had progesterone even on my FET's. my doctor wanted me to do a fully natural FET cycle but on ET day she said she wanted me to start progesterone as we have 'come this far'. But, my first cycle I was on cronine 2x a day, and it was the 90mg of gel. I started spotting 12dpo, (9dp3dt), so the next time I had 2x 100mg vaginal tablets, so 200mg in total which is still more than the 180mg a day. This time, I am on 90mg cronine in the morning & 200mg vaginal tablet at night. There's definitely options just be forceful ;) haha.

Although it is a really crappy time for you (possibly... We don't know just yet as you may get a great result tomorrow) but just remember, an embie was able to implant. You CAN get pregnant and you will. It's just a matter of finding the perfect one / your body being in the right hormonal balance. I have so much faith in the fact that one of those 5 blasts are going to work in the future. Although, for now it's a waiting game for both of us! Good idea on not going to work. Sometimes it's just easier to be home and do your own thing. I have the whole week off work this week and its only Monday and I'm running out of things to do... Haha. So much tv time and cooking time!

Let us know how you go tomorrow! :hugs: :hugs:

Oh yay didn't see your last post before I replied. Yay for wed!! :happydance:

Now just to wait again huh... The waiting is the killer :wacko:

And how have you been feeling, any cramping or pain? Hope you've been taking it easy :winkwink:

Ooo I just saw this too! Haha. I have been feeling really good! My ovaries aren't sore and I'm still a little bloated but I feel about 10000x better than our last fresh cycle. :) probably because we had less eggs. :happydance: but :dohh: at the same time haha

Embryo update this morning: day 4. We have one morula (which is the stage they want it to be), one x 18 cell which is almost a morela (apparently? But also still a grade 3, gah), one x 12 cell and one x 11 cell. Hopefully we get some more progression and have some blasts tomorrow.

The scientist said she thinks they will probably be early blasts by the morning... Does anyone know what that means? I guess I have to just keep on hoping that they pull through. Although, it is only 9am and they have a solid 24 hours of growing time to get their act together hehe!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Oo and sparkle, good luck for your blood test. I hope everything goes Ok. :hugs:

Eve- I hope your other embies catch up so you have the 2 you want to transfer at the very least! Fingers are crossed for you!
Sparkle- Good luck for today, please let us know when you do <3

FX Eve, I'm thinking of you tomorrow and I hope you have some good blasts to transfer and freeze. I really hope this is your round :flower:

Not good news for us today, although it certainly wasn't unexpected. My hcg was only 30 (29 on Sunday) so they said the pregnancy isn't viable. So I'm to stop taking the progesterone and then hopefully I'll get AF soon. I then have another blood test next Monday to check my hcg has gone down to zero and then we should be able to do FET this cycle. I hope it doesn't drag out and I hope it doesn't stuff up my next cycle. I was expecting it so while I'm sad I'm not too bad, I honestly think I would have been almost as upset if not just as upset with a straight bfn :cry:

I'm trying to look at the bright side and you're right Eve it was a good thing that the embryo did implant and also that we have 5 frozen blasts. It definitely shows though that it doesn't really matter how good the embryo looks, they said this was a perfect looking expanded blast but it didn't work and you hear of so many success stories of not great looking embryos going on to make perfect babies...

Also my progesterone was up to 20 today from 10 on Sunday... Weird...

Pizza and wine for dinner tonight me thinks!

Xxx

FX Eve, I'm thinking of you tomorrow and I hope you have some good blasts to transfer and freeze. I really hope this is your round :flower:

Not good news for us today, although it certainly wasn't unexpected. My hcg was only 30 (29 on Sunday) so they said the pregnancy isn't viable. So I'm to stop taking the progesterone and then hopefully I'll get AF soon. I then have another blood test next Monday to check my hcg has gone down to zero and then we should be able to do FET this cycle. I hope it doesn't drag out and I hope it doesn't stuff up my next cycle. I was expecting it so while I'm sad I'm not too bad, I honestly think I would have been almost as upset if not just as upset with a straight bfn :cry:

I'm trying to look at the bright side and you're right Eve it was a good thing that the embryo did implant and also that we have 5 frozen blasts. It definitely shows though that it doesn't really matter how good the embryo looks, they said this was a perfect looking expanded blast but it didn't work and you hear of so many success stories of not great looking embryos going on to make perfect babies...

Also my progesterone was up to 20 today from 10 on Sunday... Weird...

Pizza and wine for dinner tonight me thinks!

Xxx

Sorry to hear this Sparkle. You are dealing with this crappy situation so well. The only thing you can do is keep looking forward & it's so great that you are doing just that! Yay for a FET! I have so much confidence that one of those frozen embryos are a take home baby for you. The FET's are sooo easy on your body, I loved them in comparison. So hopefully this gives you a beautiful 2nd line & take home bub.

That's a big increase of progesterone! Did they explain why that could have happened? Definitely bring on the wine & pizza! My husband and I just went out for dinner at our favorite Italian place and I was sooo tempted to have a glass, but settled for a quick sip of his beer, hehe.

Getting pretty anxious for tomorrow, just want to know that our embryos are still ok and alive. Ill be worried if they haven't progressed much but there's nothing we can do now, it's all on those little ones. Crazy!

We have already talked about what we will probably do if this doesn't work, as we are moving interstate next month!! To a smaller country town, and they do have an ivf clinic but I think I'm a tough case! So we will wait until we move to Sydney (mid 2015) and maybe do a cycle there. What clinic are you with Sparkle? I'm currently with QFG Which I think is an extension of IVF Australia and Mivf...

I think I asked before eveclo...where are you moving?

Thanks ladies x

Good luck today Eve! I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way :hugs: Will DH be with you today?

Wow moving in a month! What are you moving for?

They didn't give me any answers about why I might have had the chemical and I didn't ask as I didn't think they would know. Probably just that the embryo wasn't right somehow, makes me worry though that what if the others are the same...

Xxx

I think I asked before eveclo...where are you moving?

We are moving to wodonga ! Cold.. Hehe.

Thanks ladies x

Good luck today Eve! I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way :hugs: Will DH be with you today?

Wow moving in a month! What are you moving for?

They didn't give me any answers about why I might have had the chemical and I didn't ask as I didn't think they would know. Probably just that the embryo wasn't right somehow, makes me worry though that what if the others are the same...

Xxx

My husbands job requires us to move around a lot so we are there for a year (or more maybe).

Hmm, well I hope AF shows soon for you & you can start this FET. :)

Just done with transfer, and we have transferred 1 x 3BB blastocyst & 1 x morela (with potential to be blast by afternoon). I was pretty disappointed, but I guess we have no control over it now. Nothing good enough to freeze today, but he said he will be growing them until tomorrow to give them a chance. So I'll call tomorrow after 12 to see.

Official test date is the 26th may. So until then, I'm just going to try and be positive although it is awfully difficult.

Hope everyone is well & thanks for the well wishes :)

I used Albury Reproductive..they are really quite good i think you might be surprised. Dr Scott Giltrap is really lovely and down to earth. Maybe you should go and chat to them and see what you think..its a lovely clinic..very modern and professional.

I used Albury Reproductive..they are really quite good i think you might be surprised. Dr Scott Giltrap is really lovely and down to earth. Maybe you should go and chat to them and see what you think..its a lovely clinic..very modern and professional.

Thank you for that! I'll look into it when we are there- just have to save first, heh.

Yay congrats on being PUPO Eve! So happy for you! I know I'm only speaking from my 1 shot but my embie was a high grade and it mustn't have had the right chromosomes as even though it implanted it didn't progress so to me it seems like a grading of what they look like doesn't mean everything. Ive got my FX for you for tomorrow that some more embryos grow overnight and you can freeze some and then everything is crossed for the 26th!

Do you have a job lined up in Wodonga too or are you going to take a break or look for something when you get there? That must be really hard on you both moving around a lot.

A tiny bit of cramping but otherwise no signs of AF yet... damn it hurry up! Haha

Xx

Yay congrats on being PUPO Eve! So happy for you! I know I'm only speaking from my 1 shot but my embie was a high grade and it mustn't have had the right chromosomes as even though it implanted it didn't progress so to me it seems like a grading of what they look like doesn't mean everything. Ive got my FX for you for tomorrow that some more embryos grow overnight and you can freeze some and then everything is crossed for the 26th!

Do you have a job lined up in Wodonga too or are you going to take a break or look for something when you get there? That must be really hard on you both moving around a lot.

A tiny bit of cramping but otherwise no signs of AF yet... damn it hurry up! Haha

Xx

Yeah, you are right. Every embryo is different I need to remember that, it's just hard!

No job lined up, so probably just going to have some rest time! Ill try and look for a job but there's not much on the net so far :)

Thanks for the little spirit lifter Sparkle! I actually had a great day running around and seeing friends so didn't even have a chance to think about our ET so that's actually been quite nice! I hope AF hurries up ;)

Hey girls… Just back home from my transfer… I transferred 2 Blasts transferred and the other 3 embryos are also in the incubator until tomorrow to see if they can freeze.
My 3 other embryos are 6 cells. Do you know what is the minimum size that they are viable to freeze on day 5 or 6?

No embryos to freeze for me. All stopped growing overnight. Wow. What a crap cycle! I'm honestly in shock...

Oh Eve I'm really sorry :hugs: hopefully you have success this time anyway and wont need any frosties :) I understand that it would be disappointing though to not have any backup especially as you had so many last time. I'm surprised the exact same protocol had such a different yield. But then I guess you could look it in a different way that last time you had more embryos but none stuck, maybe this time with less embryos they will be better quality and one or both will be your sticky babies! I'm sending lots of positive sticky vibes your way, I really hope this is your time xxx

Still no AF I'm so confused... Don't understand why I had spotting and a bit of bleeding on the wknd but now that I've stopped progesterone it hasn't continued... Feeling very impatient :dohh:

Hi MiracleAngel :wave: Congrats on your transfer! Good luck! I think every clinic is different but mine would only freeze day 5/6 embryos if they had reached blastocyst stage.

Oh Eve I'm really sorry :hugs: hopefully you have success this time anyway and wont need any frosties :) I understand that it would be disappointing though to not have any backup especially as you had so many last time. I'm surprised the exact same protocol had such a different yield. But then I guess you could look it in a different way that last time you had more embryos but none stuck, maybe this time with less embryos they will be better quality and one or both will be your sticky babies! I'm sending lots of positive sticky vibes your way, I really hope this is your time xxx

Still no AF I'm so confused... Don't understand why I had spotting and a bit of bleeding on the wknd but now that I've stopped progesterone it hasn't continued... Feeling very impatient :dohh:

Hi MiracleAngel :wave: Congrats on your transfer! Good luck! I think every clinic is different but mine would only freeze day 5/6 embryos if they had reached blastocyst stage.

Yeah, I said that exact same thing to my husband! I really don't care about numbers anymore because if one sticks then it won't matter! But I am definitely going to see a new doctor and try and get a new protocol or something changed up. And I remember a long time Ago you mentioned something about a sperm DNA test? I will look into whether or not we have done that... My husband gets crazy if donor sperm is ever brought up and I really don't know how he would deal with that. But, we refuse to give up just yet.

Ahh how frustrating! It usually took my body a little while to get into hear without progesterone but only about 3 days... I suppose maybe since that pregnancy hormone is still in your blood stream it is stopping it? Maybe? Just want this FET cycle to get started! Haha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->