Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

I was disappointed to stop breastfeeding so early, I do miss the convenience. I fed for 19 weeks and only managed 2 weeks with Keyara so I did well in comparison. It's nice not to choose my wardrobe based on boob access and I'm pleased not to be getting the girls out in winter too so that's another plus.
I don't know for certain if we will try again but I'm leaning towards no more. A big part of me would love to have another but I had a tough pregnancy in the end and I'm not getting any younger, I'm not sure it would be fair to anyone for me to go again. Wayne was so supportive and took on a lot of extra responsibility with Keyara and the house work in the last couple of months of my pregnancy and I strongly suspect he wouldn't be so eager to go through that again especially with Cydney being so little. Never say never but even if we did it would have to happen naturally, I don't think we could financially justify IVF again. So excited to follow your journey tho Kirsty :)

Oh wow guys the babies are growing so fast!!!
A trip overseas will be amazing Maddy!! I would love another holiday. Are you gonna have some chill time in amongst the visiting?
Kirsty good on you getting back on the wagon!! Can't wait to see how you go!
Take, Yohanna weaned herself too I was shattered!! Would've loved to keep going. It was nice to have 6 beers again though!

Afm-we had a MAJOR surprise and a recent mystery illness of mine turned out to be a a pregnancy.. I was already 9 weeks!!! Been so strange this time as of course we were once again told we were 'infertile' and I have had my (full) regular period. I'm almost 12 weeks and on complete bed rest due to continued heavy bleeding. Put a bit of dampner on Yo's first birthday being immobile but of course we are very very grateful.
How is everyone else?
Cycle girls?
Love to all xxx

Oh my god wish I am so excited for you. Hopefully that bleeding settles down, how and you doing bed rest with a baby? I hear of so many people who fall pregnant naturally after an IVF pregnancy.

Oh my gosh Wish, that's wonderful news! Brilliant brilliant brilliant :) I hope everything settles and you are able to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. Ooh how did your other half react? Shocked?! :haha::haha::haha:

Take this is it for us too, but I am enjoying listening to the mums at mothers group talk about going back for more tries. It's amazing, our mums group has 15 babies and at least 4 are the result of IVF.

Wish- congratulations mate!! That is just the best news. What a great surprise!! I'm so sorry to hear about the bleeding though- how are you holding up? must be tough with yohanna. Do they know what's causing it? Little yo is adorable by the way :)

Maddy and take- so glad to hear leo and cydney are doing great! I can't believe how time is flying.

I am still breast feeding with a bottle of formula at night before bed... I think I will stop bf in a month or two though when Lily is 8 or 9 months. I completely understand that it must be so devastating to stop when you're not ready... I know it's pretty selfish but I do feel ready to stop now. Grateful that I've been able to go this long, but it's pretty much like trying to feed an octopus on speed at the moment :)

I'll keep you all posted on how we go tcc. I guess there's always a glimmer of hope for a natural bfp - like you wish!! That's 2 now yeah? If not jan is show time. We have two frosties left. Hopefully we are lucky enough to have another baby as I'm not sure I could do another fresh cycle. I found it pretty traumatic to be honest as I had such a bad experience with the hospital I went to for egg retrieval.

Maddy and take- keep us updated with your bubs and how they are going.

Red and aleja- how are you girls?

Sparkle and evclo/ any news?

It's been so nice hearing from you all, I will try and pull my finger out and upload a pic of Cydney today.

https://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag115/lil_211/IMAG0567_1_zps71cfdab7.jpg

Oh wow take Cydney is beautiful!! What a lovely baby!! Keep the photos coming guys!
Kirsty not selfish at all boob feeding is a tough gig, it'll be nice for you to 'own' your body again. Good luck with a natural bfp.. Apparently one in three women who've conceived using IVF go on to conceiving naturally. Worth a shot! And two frosties is a great back up.
Maddy I totally adore the name Leo btw! Not surprised about your mothers group either I read the other day that by 2015 3 children in every class will be IVF! Lucky we live in such a technologically advanced society and we can literally make miracles.

Yeah this was our second natural bfp! After over two years ttc and a failed IVF. I suspect I may have had some undiagnosed endo as my cycles have been very different since having Yo, totally painless and not too yukky. This pregnancy has been nothing like last time though!! And the gap will be 17months eek!!! Can't wait to hear some more bfps!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1
Aww look at little Yo..cutie! Can't believe she is 1, I know you're on bed rest but did you manage a birthday party of some sort? So do they have any idea what's causing the bleeding?
Come on Kirsty and Maddy..photos please? Sorry mine is so big lol, not sure what happened there!

Oh my gosh cydney!! What a cutie take!! Love those beautiful eyes :)

Yo is adorable too- what a cute grin! How was her first birthday?

I agree- maddy and all the other girls, we need updated baby pics.

Here is one of Lily. She is such an active baby. 7 months and already crawling and into everything. She doesn't stop even more a second and I adore her :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1
Kirsty- Lily is so beautiful and what a clever girl standing so confidently, she looks like she will be an early walker! Don't think Cydney will..I've only just got her to bare weight with me supporting her for more than a few seconds..so lazy lol. First tooth came through yesterday :)

OMG Wish!!!!! Can't believe you are pregnant again naturally, truly a miracle :dance: Hope the bleeding stops soon and you can start to enjoy it xx

Lily is just gorgeous!! Hope you get a BFP soon Kirst xx

Well done on getting as far as you did with the bfing Take :) xx

We have been good, Lincoln has been walking for about 2 weeks now and I love it :haha: We have his 1st birthday party all organised and can't wait :) We saw out FS last week about bub #2, so we will be doing a cycle in November for a transfer in April 2015 :) I have also been working my butt of exercising and eating right, and have dropped 14kgs :)

Hey Red :) Are you having a theme for Lincoln's party? You must post a pic of him, would love to see how much he has grown up! And well done you on that weight loss, I'm going to a mums and bubs fitness class and although I am feeling fitter than I have in years I haven't really lost any weight yet :( I need to loose 5kg to get to my pre preg weight and 10kg to get to pre IVF weight

We are having a robot theme for his party :)

The best I have found for weightloss is walking. I try to walk everyday (7kms). I go to a mum and bubs fitness class too, twice a week plus boxercise 3 times a week. Think I have turned into a fitness junkie :haha: It will come off Take and once it starts you'll be on a roll! The other thing I do is use My Fitness Pal, which you can do on the net or iPhone app, and it is calorie counting. I only eat 1200 calories a day :) Let me know if you sign up too it and we can be friends :)

Here is a picture of Lincoln and I in Fiji :)

https://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o220/sir_juggsalot/_MG_7746.jpg

Aww he is adorable and you look amazing! How was Fiji, where did you stay? How did Lincoln go?

Aww thanks Take :)

I LOVE Fiji, it was my twelfth time there, so a bit of an addict :haha: We always stay at Musket Cove Island Resort, it is just beautiful and there is nothing to fault!! It is a bit more on the expensive side but there are other resorts that are rubbish as we have island hopped plenty of times and their food is rubbish! Lincoln loved it, ate about a kilo of sand I think but ate and slept fine :) Such a great place for kids!! Are you thinking of going?

Hi ladies, I know you have all been here for quite some time and I'm just starting my journey.
I'm going through FertilitySA and I've just had all my bloods/scans and hubby's SA done.
SA was fine, but I have a blocked tube, one ovary is tucked behind my uterus and my uterus has a polyp looking surface to it.
I will be getting a laparscopy/hysteroscopy done in the near future.
Have any of you had this done before? I'm slightly nervous about it and worried how bad it will be when they get in there.

Hi Mrs Lake and welcome :)
I was booked in to have a lap/hyst, the doctor ordered it in may last year and I couldn't get a date until November but as it turns out I found out I was pregnant about a week after he had booked me in so we obviously cancelled it. Sorry Im not of more help but good luck.

Miss Red- yes we have discussed maybe doing a Fiji trip in the next 12 months but its just talk at the moment, we're not 100% sure but its good to ask other peoples experiences especially travelling with bubs :)

OMG you guys, your little ones are so cute!!

Mrs Lake, welcome! Another SA girl here! I went through Repromed.

Only 4.5 weeks left for me :happydance:

Although did any of you girls get told that you might have to be induced at 38 weeks because you're having an IVF baby?

Don't let them tell you that pizzaz that's crap, are you and bub both doing well? If so there should be no need for induction, and certainly not that early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->