Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Don't let them tell you that pizzaz that's crap, are you and bub both doing well? If so there should be no need for induction, and certainly not that early!

Thanks Take, yes all good.... He is moving around like crazy! I only had one small minor bleed which turned out to be a UTI infection but other than my extreme tiredness today and being uncomfortable every night, I feel fine and he is doing really well! Smoothest pregnancy ever considering how long it took to get here :dohh:

How are you doing? Cydney is gorgeous!

Thanks :) yes life is all good, Cydney is a dream baby, sleeps 12 hours a night..my oldest daughter was still waking 4 hourly at this age.
I went into labour at 38w3d with Cydney but went 9 days over with Keyara so I know how crappy it gets at the end. Its nearly impossible to sleep..I do not miss that! I do think that because both times I went into labour naturally helped my labours to be quick and complication free cause my body was ready. I did narrowly avoid induction both times, Keyara I was so overdue and Cydney I ended up with preeclampsia but I wasn't diagnosed officially until I was in labour. Of course sometimes inductions have to happen if there is a concern with mum or bubs health but if you're both well then my advice would be to hang in there and hopefully bub won't drag things out too long for you. Good luck, I can't wait to hear how it all goes :)

:wave: Mrs Lake and welcome to the group :) I have never had any of the procedures you mentioned but best of luck xx

Take - Fiji is such a great place for kids :) xx

Baby Pizazz - I was told the same thing by my OB, but never made it to 38weeks :( I was induced at 36w4d due to severe pre eclampsia :9 i then had Lincoln via EMCS at 37w0d.

:wave: Mrs Lake and welcome to the group :) I have never had any of the procedures you mentioned but best of luck xx

Take - Fiji is such a great place for kids :) xx

Baby Pizazz - I was told the same thing by my OB, but never made it to 38weeks :( I was induced at 36w4d due to severe pre eclampsia :9 i then had Lincoln via EMCS at 37w0d.

Hey Miss Redknob! Wow 37 weeks.. I'm almost there, and that's a scary thought..... Have to say that they closer my due date is the scarier the thought of giving birth is... I'm so excited to meet this little one but having to get him out is another matter entirely! Thanks to you and Take2 for sharing your stories.... Again, of course, like people's labour experiences the timing is also different. Here I was thinking that most people cook a little longer.... I'm hoping i go naturally at 39 weeks.... 38 weeks is too soon for me plus it would fall on my father's birthday, which I would like my son to have his own day not share it with another family member.

Yay, everyone's here (or has been here in the past few days anyway) :thumbup: Great updates!

Wish - how are you feeling? Any MS this time around? Yo is a sweetie. Is she in childcare now or are you still at home? :hugs:

Kirst - Ah the BF debate...I'm still slogging away and want to keep partially-BF until we get done with our overseas holiday, as I can't imagine I'll want to schlep downstairs to the outdoor kitchen with a torch to make bottles at night (our holiday house has no electricity). I love BF but because it's been so difficult to keep up my supply I tend to set myself short-term goals and then reassess every time I reach one. Lily's crawling already, wow she's :bodyb: Leo gets his bum up in the air and I think he'll be moving too as well.

Take - How is Qld treating you? Cydney is beautiful, those eyes! And teeth already...what a smart cookie :flower: Does Keyara have those too? What gorgeous girlies :kiss:

MsRed - Lincoln's growing up, does it feel fast to you? November will be here before you know it. 14kg is a massive effort, I bet you felt great in Fiji without all the extra baggage :haha: My bestie lives in Fiji and I've been wanting to go visit.

BabyPizazz - Not long to go at all. I was never told anything about possible early deliver, in fact I was the one harassing the midwives about getting induced at 40 weeks instead of letting me go over (Leo arrived naturally at 40+2 after several unsuccessful sweeps in the 2 weeks beforehand).

MrsLake - Welcome :hi: I had a hysteroscopy to remove an internal fibroid and it went fine but I did experience unexpected bleeding after surgery and had to stay in hospital longer than expected (it was supposed to be a day procedure and I ended up admitted for 2 days).

We are all well, Leo will be 6 months old on 19 July, it is bittersweet. He is such a sweetheart, now our feeding issues have been sorted he is just a pleasure, sleeps well at night (although still a rotten daytime sleeper) and is at that laughing, smiley, really alert stage. His 2 older siblings adore him and he's going to be spoiled rotten. But at the same time he is my one and only baby. The day he started solid food I felt quite depressed because he's an infant now and I will never have another newborn :cry: He no longer wants to snuggle me 100% of the time and in fact actively tries to escape me sometimes :haha: Time marches on! I will try to post a pic and see if I can make it normal sized instead of the giant ones I normally seem to post :blush:

Leo aged 5.5 months. [URL=https://s1270.photobucket.com/user/Twocam/media/5andhalfmo12Jul14_zpsd7c78d01.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/Twocam/5andhalfmo12Jul14_zpsd7c78d01.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Maddy, Leo is gorgeous! So sad that they grow up so quickly! One thing I'm scared of being that we are only having the one bub..... I'm trying to enjoy pregnancy while it lasts although the closer I get the harder it is to do ANYTHING!

So I've had a crazy weekend!! My first cycle back since having Lily and I have a positive pregnancy test. Early days but the test is quite dark and getting darker. I just can't believe it's happened naturally after being told by our doctor we had more chance of winning the lottery. Will see what happens. My head is spinning!

Also maddy- Leo is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Wow Kirsty! Yes I hear this so often, people told they will never fall naturally then as soon as they try for number 2 it happens straight away. I am so excited for u.

Maddy- sorry it's taken so long to reply, I've been meaning to upload a pic of Keyara too, she has big beautiful blue eyes, both girls get their eyes from their fathers, funny they have different dads but both have big blue eyes. Leo is such a good looking bub, your husband is Indonesian? Is that right? He has that lovely olive skin and big dark eyes, the girls will be knocking down your door in a few years :)

Congratulations Kirs_t!!! :happydance::happydance:

What wonderful news!!!!

AFM, I have a doc appt on Friday to talk about inducing. My OB is adamant that I delivery before 40 weeks so looks like next week will be it!

Lucky me though, got the cutest 3D pic of the little guy!

Attachments

• KLOSEJULIA20140724100814296.jpg
    KLOSEJULIA20140724100814296.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 0
OMG KIRST!!!!!!!!!!!! What an absolute miracle :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Babypizzaz - Your little bubba is so cute :cloud9:

Hey lovely ladies
Well I can't quite believe the number of babies we have coming again !!!
A big congratulations to Wish and Kirst for your surprise BFP and to Babypizzazz for reaching full term. Yayyyy

To the TTC girls I hope you are all well. Sometimes it's hard hearing about all these new babies but you will get there too! It doesn't feel like it sometimes but somehow ivf manages to create something magic in the end.

Ladies your babies are so divine and beautiful . I'm loving the photos.

Afm- Marlon turned 1 last week and he is such a big happy boy I can barely believe he is ours sometimes!! He is learning to walk at the moment so we have lots of hair-raising moments of him falling on his bum or head sometimes.

I have an appt with my FS in mid August. We haven't tried to TTC naturally yet. Too tired and still feeling a bit overwhelmed to be honest. Maybe it because I'm a bit older I don't have the energy to chase after a wobbly baby :))
I don't think we will fall pregnant naturally as our issues were low sperm count and motility so unless things in that department have changed I think we will need another cycle .. Not looking forward to it I must say!!!

Good luck with your labour n birth babypizzazz .. Can't wait for the announcement

KIRST! Knock me down with a feather :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

BabyPizzazz good luck at your appointment today :flower: I remember right at the end just being READY for it to happen. Now I look back I wish I wasn't in such a hurry.

Take DH is Thai and yes bub looks a lot like him except Leo is fair-skinned. This will make my Mother-in-Law very happy. The first and only question she asked when Leo was born was "what colour is he" :blush: Thais believe dark skin is no good as it means you work in the fields, are uneducated & have no money. Light skinned is a definite preference.... MIL even tells DH that she doesn't love him as much as his lighter-skinned brother :cry:

AFM I go back to work at 6am Saturday and DH takes over as SAHD.

Aleja- So good to hear from you..pic of Marlon please?

Maddy- My friend is Indonesian and is TTC with Aussie hubby and really wants them to have his skin which is funny because she is a stunner with her caramel skin tone. She ADORES Cydney with her pale skin tone and blonde hair.

This is Marlon on his birthday last week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 5
My sister in law is Cambodian and she is also obsessed with her babies being lighter skinned even though she is a stunner with beautiful dark skin

Aww Marlon is so gorgeous..look at all those big curls and the big dark eyes..very handsome :)

Hi all

Aleja, Marlon is so cute! :cloud9:

So great to see everyone logging in with their updates!!!

I had my appointment yesterday and the doc has booked me in to be induced next Friday (39 weeks).... However, she did an internal and I'm already 2cm dilated so she did a quick sweep (YOWSER, not comfortable)! This morning I lost my plug so I'm pretty sure he will be here within the next couple of days..... Although I am not rushing (labour is very daunting to me right now), I sure will be glad to get the birth part over and start my life as a mummy! :baby::happydance:

Hope everyone else is well! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"