Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Hi ladies!!!!

Deacon is doing really well, although it seems that he must hate my boobs 'cause they are just so sore and it has been hard getting him to latch on correctly.... Sometimes I feel like just giving up and going on the bottle but I don't want to....

Maddy I turn 40 in a few months so not that far behind you.... I'm just grateful that I got to become a mum before 40....

Red, how stressful to go through this now.... I had that procedure done about 12 years ago, get used to wearing pads again! I'm now CIN free going on about 9 years.... but I still get a pap done every year.

Maddy- Happy Birthday for the other day :)

Miss Red- What an ordeal..my sister has had this procedure done before..I'm glad you caught it early and hopefully you recover completely. My sister went on to have 2 babies with another on the way so it didn't effect her and i have a friend who fell pregnant about 2 months after her procedure and had a normal pregnancy too.

Pizazz- Breast feeding is bloody tough, hang in there it gets easier. The first few weeks are the hardest. Deacon doesn't have tongue tie does he? My eldest had this and couldn't latch properly. Are you having a midwife visit you at home or do you go to a local clinic. My other suggestion is to join the ABA (Australian Breastfeeding Association) they will provide lots of support! Most doctors don't encourage or support you if you are struggling, they will just push you onto formula. I really wished i had been able to feed both my girls longer, especially Cydney because I found it so much easier with her but she started a down hill slope of breast refusal from 10 weeks!

Maddy- Happy Birthday for the other day :)

Miss Red- What an ordeal..my sister has had this procedure done before..I'm glad you caught it early and hopefully you recover completely. My sister went on to have 2 babies with another on the way so it didn't effect her and i have a friend who fell pregnant about 2 months after her procedure and had a normal pregnancy too.

Pizazz- Breast feeding is bloody tough, hang in there it gets easier. The first few weeks are the hardest. Deacon doesn't have tongue tie does he? My eldest had this and couldn't latch properly. Are you having a midwife visit you at home or do you go to a local clinic. My other suggestion is to join the ABA (Australian Breastfeeding Association) they will provide lots of support! Most doctors don't encourage or support you if you are struggling, they will just push you onto formula. I really wished i had been able to feed both my girls longer, especially Cydney because I found it so much easier with her but she started a down hill slope of breast refusal from 10 weeks!

Hi Take - It is tough... I have been seeing a lactation consultant from the hospital and while it is all good while I am there, it is another story at home! She did check the tongue tie thing and his palate, both were fine. Hopefully Deacon doesn't refuse the breast! I'm trying out the baby led attachment now which seems to be working a little better but I guess time will tell.

Hope everyone else is well :flower:

Early days, I'm sure you and Deacon will work it out, people think it comes naturally but I found it takes a lot of practice before it all runs smoothly.

Babypizazz is does get easier :) xx I struggled with feeding Lincoln for 4 months until he learnt how to attach properly. I was big busted and he was so tiny 12G vs 6lbs :haha:

Baby pizazz- hang in there. The girls are right.... Breasts feeding can be tough and painful at the beginning, but it does get easier. How are you going with everything? It's such an amazing time and such a whirlwind.

Red- so sorry to hear what you've been through. Sounds like a very stressful time. I hope you recover fully and it doesn't impact on you ttc. Exciting that egg collection is not so far away.

We had a dating scan this week and all went well. Saw a little bean and a heart beat and due 7th April 2015. :)

Babypizazz is does get easier :) xx I struggled with feeding Lincoln for 4 months until he learnt how to attach properly. I was big busted and he was so tiny 12G vs 6lbs :haha:

Baby pizazz- hang in there. The girls are right.... Breasts feeding can be tough and painful at the beginning, but it does get easier. How are you going with everything? It's such an amazing time and such a whirlwind.

Red- so sorry to hear what you've been through. Sounds like a very stressful time. I hope you recover fully and it doesn't impact on you ttc. Exciting that egg collection is not so far away.

We had a dating scan this week and all went well. Saw a little bean and a heart beat and due 7th April 2015. :)

Thanks ladies!

Wow Red! I thought an E cup was bad! His poor little mouth struggles to get that bottom part of the areola.... I never thought that area was that big, watch enough breastfeeding videos and you see some corkers! Hope you are doing ok...

Kirs_t - apart from the breastfeeding issues we are doing well... We are having slight issues with bed wetting already.... Those little trouser snakes like to point themselves the wrong way so pee escapes the nappy, but then again he is still so little that nappies aren't exactly the most snug! :haha:

Thanks for all your lovely words ladies :) xx

How exciting Kirst :dance: Glad to hear bub is doing well xx

Oh no Babypizazz not bed wetting already :haha: Lincoln has only wet the bed once. A tip make sure it is pointing south when your put his nappy on :thumbup:

Oh no Babypizazz .... A tip make sure it is pointing south when your put his nappy on :thumbup:

Good advice Red ;) Maybe we'll have to refer to BabyPizazz as "BabyPee" from now on! What nappies are you using? Just to brag a little...my son is clearly a genius as not only can he pee in a variety of directions, but on one occasion even got it in his own eyes and mouth :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Babypizazz hope the BF gets easier for you. But if you go to a bottle (or mix feed, or feed with a shield, or any other type of feeding) then not to worry. As lots of BNB posters told me when i was having a rough time, the only bad mummy is one that doesn't feed her baby at all :)

Oh no Babypizazz .... A tip make sure it is pointing south when your put his nappy on :thumbup:

Good advice Red ;) Maybe we'll have to refer to BabyPizazz as "BabyPee" from now on! What nappies are you using? Just to brag a little...my son is clearly a genius as not only can he pee in a variety of directions, but on one occasion even got it in his own eyes and mouth :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Babypizazz hope the BF gets easier for you. But if you go to a bottle (or mix feed, or feed with a shield, or any other type of feeding) then not to worry. As lots of BNB posters told me when i was having a rough time, the only bad mummy is one that doesn't feed her baby at all :)

Hahaha thanks Maddy! I'm using huggies newborn... And we do make a conscious effort to point it down south, don't know how it moves... Sneaky little trouser snake... You do have a clever son don't you, though poor little one getting it in his eyes and mouth....

Thanks for the breastfeeding encouragement... Hopefully we are getting there... I'm just trying to persevere and hope that it just meshes....

Hope everyone is doing well!

"BabyPee" Love it Maddy :haha: :haha:

Well I spoke too soon and Lincoln wet through 2 nights ago, only because he slept for 13hrs :)

Oh Red, you tease!!! We celebrate if we get more than 2 hours at a time... Yawn. Even started co-sleeping for part of the night. Now I just roll over and stick (.)(.) in his mouth when he starts calling out "yahoo, ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, YAHOOOOOOO" at 2am..... :sleep:

BabyP when the Huggies newborn start to leak try the next size up - sounds weird but you actually have more material to manoeuvre (so you can still get them plenty tight like newborn ones) and they soak up heaps more. That said, Leo was little and in newborn size to 5 months, so who am I to talk :shrug::blush:

Sorry Maddy :haha: Lincoln has been sleeping through the night since 6months old :)

I shall not mention that Cydney has slept 12 hours a night since 11 weeks then, I know how blessed we are, Keyara was a nightmare!!!

OMG! I'm so jealous of you ladies that have bubs sleeping the whole night... Deacon loves nothing more than sleeping on mums chest all night, which is lovely but not so much fun for me as I have been hanging to sleep in a more comfortable position now that I'm not preggo!

I think I'll be using the newborn for a little while yet (he's a small bub) we haven't had any incidences in the last few days.... Should be a little easier now that his belly button is healing...

Hello ladies!!!!
It has been forever since I've been on here and wow sooo much happening!!!!

Babypiazz--- CONGRATULATIONS MUMMA! Another beautiful baby on this super lucky thread....Don't sweat the breastfeeding either, you're only ever gonna make the best decision for your bubba. Enjoy every minute! And go for lots of lunches while he still sleeps in a pram!

Maddy- Leo is totally divine! And im totally jealous of his dark skin hahah! I know what you mean though when we were in Thailand I accidentally brought a moisturiser with BLEACH in it hahaha! Not what I was after. And Yohanna didn't sleep through till 11 months. Every baby is different and good sleepers from a super young age are the exception not the rule. Leo just loves some extra special mumma time at night. My yoga instructor reckons its the prime bonding hour so lap it up!

Red- So exciting you've booked your next cycle! Boo about the cells though, I had a friend who had this happen recently exact same story, she has since gotten pregnant and the cells improved a lot while she carries? I don't know if thats the norm though? Sounds like you have a great relationship with your gyno though, he sounds really thorough.

Kristi-- OMG!!! BEST NEWS!!! We are THAT story hey!!!! How are you feeling about being a mum of 2? What will the age gap be?

Aleja- I cant believe Marlon is one! This year has flown! Are you back at work?

Take- Cydney sounds like a total dream...Question do you feel 'finished' with having kids? I just wonder if ill feel done after this one.

AFM- Im 20 weeks and found out we're most likely having another girl! Baby is healthy which is such a relief. Ive been on struggle street big time this time round though! Lucky Yo is only 8kgs or I dont know what i'd do hahahaha1! They think all the bleeding I've had is caused by the placenta growing on my C scar and there was so little time between babies. Hopefully it moves off..... still don't know about a vbac though????? Yohanna is going great guns! Soo cheeky! And in other awesome news I found out from facebook that Dancing queen is expecting a baby too!!!!!! Thats all the original members!

Wish yay for DQ that's great news. And whoopee for another girl - did you keep all your stuff from when Yo was born, or do you have to re-stock? Hard to believe you're already 20 weeks, it's gone in a flash (well to me, anyway :)

We think that perhaps Leo is hungry at night as we've done a tally of his milk intake during the day and it's right down - he's teething so tends to chew the bottle and my boob instead of sucking - last night DH gave him a full bottle at 10:30pm and he slept through until 4am. So we'll try that again tonight and see how we go...

Fantastic news about DQ :dance:

I was just logging on to ask if you knew what you were having as I saw your 20week post on FB yesterday :) Yay!! A little sister for Yo :) You are lucky she is only 8kgs, Lincoln in 10.5kgs :o

Hi guys :)

Wish- 2 little girls..so lovely, sisters are gorgeous :)
As for your question..do I feel finished having kids? This is a question I ask myself on a daily basis and the answer changes daily. Some days I think no, I'm not done, I'd love another bub, Keyara is 10 years older than Cydney so its not like they will ever be play mates. But then I had a tough pregnancy with Cydney, and having now had preeclampsia once I have a higher risk of getting it again, I don't think Wayne really wants to put that risk and pressure on the family and I can't really blame him. Its him who will have to take on all the responsibility if I got hospitalised or put on bed rest.
So I don't know, and at 34 I don't have a lot of time to make up my mind…I wish I just felt 'done' so I didn't feel so torn all the time about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->