Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Evclo- I'm so sorry. There are no words to make it better. You sound like an amazing person and such a strong woman. I have faith that you will be a mumma one day. Your journey isn't over. Sending lots of love x

Eveclo- I am so sorry, I wanted so much for this to work for you. Wish I had some wise words for you but I have nothing, only to say miracles happen and I hope to hear about yours some day soon xx

Aww Eveclo I am so sorry it didn't work :cry: I feel so sad for you. Don't give up hunny, your turn will come I know it :hugs:

Hi Eveclo. Really sorry about AF :( for someone who has been through this so many times, you deserve your bit of happiness. I pray that it will happen for you very soon. For someone who has been so persistent with this, I know you will make a great mother soon. Thinking of you xo

Thanks ladies all of your words mean the world to me, I appreciate it very much. I hope you all enjoy your Christmas it is a special time of year xx

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas too Beautiful :hugs:

Hubby and I have decided to cancel our February cycle due to me not getting a job I applied for :( We are just worried we won't get any embryos again :(

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas too Beautiful :hugs:

Hubby and I have decided to cancel our February cycle due to me not getting a job I applied for :( We are just worried we won't get any embryos again :(

Oh Red, I'm sorry to hear that. I can definately understand your concern; it is such a hard journey. You will both decide a time that feels right, sometimes you just need a bit of time to build the confidence and excitement to do it all again. But we will all be here waiting to support you when you do decide to Go ahead! Hope that Lincoln has been a good boy and gets a visit from Santa ;) (and you too Red!) xx

Hi everyone, hope you all had wonderful Xmas Days!

Red :hugs: what a rollercoaster you've been on. What is the plan going forward hun, is it reliant on a new job then?

Aleja so sorry about your BFN, hoping a new start in your Jan/Feb cycle brings you good news :flower:

Take how was bub's first Christmas? Did you have K with you too? :kiss:

Kirst OMG just over 3 months to go? That's going so fast. Are you ready (are we ever ready :winkwink:)

Sparkle how is your bump coming along, are you feeling :bodyb:?

Eveclo I'm sorry about the disappointment :nope: and hope you can find a way ahead that works for you xxx

Lirpa Are you still on holidays, you lucky duck :haha:

AFM Leo's first Xmas was a hit. We had a quiet day at home with just the 4 of us (my eldest didn't come for Xmas this year as he was working up in Brissie until Xmas Eve). Baby was very enamoured with ripping up the wrapping paper and also sitting on top of the box that his water-play table came in, and banging on it like a drum. 16yo daughter got a new tennis raquet (her request) and we pigged out on seafood. Now I'm at work doing the night-shift....yawn!

Thanks girls. We are just worried about draining the last of our savings for IVF, and me not finding a job. I am hoping to here about another job in the new year. We were talking to someone the other day who was able to access their super for IVF so we are in the process of looking into it :)

Lincoln was a very good boy and we had a lovely Christmas. Hope you all had a lovely day with your families xxx

Sorry to hear about cancelling miss red. Hopefully you can find a good job soon and be able to push the savings back up.

I felt bad with ours as it went on the CC which was paid off. We now owe a lil bit on it, but it will be worth it.

Looks like I may be heAding home to Usa in early February. We were hoping that we would both be leaving, but Usa immigration has held up DHs visa, and the house hasn't sold yet. DH is going to get a job working back up north, and I'll leave and get a house, part time job, and car there. It's scary knowing I'll be over there for a bit without DH but I have all my family there, and we will Skype nearly every day. Just means DH can tie up the loose ends in Australia while I get started on setting up in USa. Guess I'll need to find an obgyn I like as well! DH should be over by April or May :)

Hope everyone's Christmas was lovely! It was very sedate and relaxed at our house. I had a couple of alcohol free wines so no one would ask questions :)

Thanks girls. We are just worried about draining the last of our savings for IVF, and me not finding a job. I am hoping to here about another job in the new year. We were talking to someone the other day who was able to access their super for IVF so we are in the process of looking into it :)

Lincoln was a very good boy and we had a lovely Christmas. Hope you all had a lovely day with your families xxx

We always fear that as well, even this last cycle was a bit of a stretch i wasn't completely comfortable with. :( I know how you feel. I actually read about that a while ago; definitely worth looking into! I might actually do that as well. We don't even have a credit card so that's not an option for us, we just like to save and then spend ahha ;) I just keep thinking of all the goddam holidays we could have gone on since we have absolutely nothing to show for our previous cycles :dohh:

Let me know how you go with it Red, i'd be very interested to see how you go. xxx

It is hard!! We put our last cycle on our credit card and got the statement in the mail about a week ago, quite depressing :( Hubby and I were saying last night that if we had frozen embryos, we wouldn't feel like this.

If you click on the link below it tells you what you need to do to apply to release your super early on compassionate grounds. You need to get your FS to say you are suffering from an acute illness (i.e. depression) and IVF will fix it. Bloody stupid I know!!

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/early-release-of-superannuation

It is hard!! We put our last cycle on our credit card and got the statement in the mail about a week ago, quite depressing :( Hubby and I were saying last night that if we had frozen embryos, we wouldn't feel like this.

If you click on the link below it tells you what you need to do to apply to release your super early on compassionate grounds. You need to get your FS to say you are suffering from an acute illness (i.e. depression) and IVF will fix it. Bloody stupid I know!!

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/early-release-of-superannuation

Hmm interesting!!! I will have a look into it. I don't have a whole heap of super (not as much as my Husband anyway) but he has a lot... We were always so annoyed because all of his medical bills are paid for (he is defence) except because IVF is my eggs/surgery is all me, the only thing they pay for is 'semen analysis' and 'semen storage'. I was more mad when the ivf failed and it was only a MF issue but now it looks like it's more i've stopped caring :( I wonder if my H is able to claim or if it is just me? I don't even wanna think about another cycle though haha it makes me want to cry having to go through all that again to get nothing!!!

I hope it is an option for you guys!! It would definitely take the heat off for a little while anyway. I feel you with the frozen embryo thing. I felt like we wasted $5000 our 2nd fresh cycle when we ended up with only 5 eggs and only one Blastocyst on Day 5. Because the fresh cycle is where all the effort goes!

Look into it as YES you can use your DH's super!!

I know it is just so much money out of pocket :(

Hi Ladies,

Hope its ok to join you all, and Congrats to all the ladies that have gotten your BFPs!!

my parter and i are looking to start our IVF journey early 2015. i have an appoinment booked with a FS in january. a bit about me.

I'm 25 and my boyrfiend is 33, i have PCOS and had endometrious which i had removed at the begining of the year. we have been together for almost 4 years and the entire time we have never used protection, but have offically been trying to about 2yrs now, i went to a FS in June this year at Pindara Private hosital on the Gold coast. and did 3 rounds of Clomid all of which did nothing. the biggest my follies ever got to was about 12mm so didnt respond at all.. i did 200mg and nothing and i am still waiting on AF to arrived since taking 200mg in september it has been 115 days! , my boyfriend got tested and he has a low count but not too low and his morphology is great and they are excellent swimmers. i thought that we could have possibly done IUI but my FS said due to my partner having low count it would be pointless and were told the bext thing for us would be IVF.

we are really hoping for our rainbow baby next year! we both want it so badly. and this thread gives me lots of hope.

Welcome MissCassie :wave: Sorry about your AF not showing up :(

This is a lucky thread! Be sure to ask us girls anything xx

Have you guys heard of primary ivf in Sydney? It's bulk billed and all you pay is around $500

https://www.primaryivf.com.au

Yes I have heard of them and a few girls I know are already pregnant through them :)

Unfortunately DH and I have to go through either IVFA or Genea as my hubby has a balanced translation and we have to do IVF/ICSI with PGD (Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis)

Good luck miss Cassie! DH and i have just finished our first round of IVF/ICSI here in perth.

We went through fertility north and had been trying for 17 months. I have pcos and DH has a low Count. Other than that I think we are fine.

We ended up only getting 5 eggs at retrieval but it worked out in the end :)

Good luck and keep us updated on how you go with it all! $500 is very cheap! Ours was quite dear but we got a fair bit back from the Medicare safety net so that helped in the end.

Let us know if you have any questions. The ladies in this thread helped me tons when we were going through it all. They are all amazing :)

Redknob - i have read alot of reviews on this clinic and hearing that you know a few ladies that have gotten pregnant through them is awesome. i don't live in sydney but my family does so it wouldnt be too bad if i had to go up and down for treatment. i hope your next round goes nice and smoothly for you.

Lirpa11- congratulations on your BFP! thats so exciting! :)
I'm glad it worked out for you and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

my partner and i have alot of things playing against us with PCOS low SA and my partner also had undescended testies when he was a baby but had the surgery to fix it so i think that comes into play and makes his count lower. but hearing that you have PCOS and are having a baby makes me feel alot better about it.
i am a little stressed that because clomid didnt work i fear that the IVF drugs wont work either.

I've been stalking this thread for a long long time and it is amazing to see how many ladies have had their BPF's and have gorgeous bubs!

I'm sure i will have a lot of questions when it gets closer to me doing ivf, and reading through all of these pages i know i will get the support that is needed, and for that i thank you ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->