Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Hi miss red - good to hear you don't have to wait too long till FET, also hope your FIL is ok ! My dad had a triple bypass a few years ago & has recently had a pacemaker & defribulator fitted - scary stuff
Aleja - are ou able to claim on tax because you spent over a certain amount ?

Any news dancing queen ?

Happy 24 weeks :dance:

They are not giving my FIL much of a chance as he has kidney failure (dialysis 3 times a week for the rest of his life) and severe emphysema (quit 30yrs ago). Just waiting for him to be transferred from Coffs Harbour to Prince of Wales Hospital

hi girls,
taylah, re: tax return - i think it is because I went over the medicare net...

come to think of it, the accountant said that any medical expense which we paid (non medicare/private insurance) can be claimed- not just ivf related. However I didn't have many receipts with me as I didn't know we could do this.
Earlier in the year we had heaps of testing - DNA frag, fragile x, karyotyping etc etc and I didn't claim any of this stuff as I didn't bring my receipts..sux

Miss Red, i hope your DH is okay what an ordeal it must be with your FIL so sick.

Your protocol sounds really promising..how come he prescribed clexane and cartia? have you taken these before?
I have an FS appt on Friday. I don't want to do any more unmedicated FET- I'd like to try something different so hopefully FS will have some ideas. I will be so disappointed if I walk away with him saying keep trying the natural FET.

Yeah we have claimed medical stuff in the past :)

I done Cartia and Clexane for my last 2 pregnancies, hope he gives you a better protocol :)

hi girls,
taylah, re: tax return - i think it is because I went over the medicare net...

come to think of it, the accountant said that any medical expense which we paid (non medicare/private insurance) can be claimed- not just ivf related. However I didn't have many receipts with me as I didn't know we could do this.
Earlier in the year we had heaps of testing - DNA frag, fragile x, karyotyping etc etc and I didn't claim any of this stuff as I didn't bring my receipts..sux

Miss Red, i hope your DH is okay what an ordeal it must be with your FIL so sick.

Your protocol sounds really promising..how come he prescribed clexane and cartia? have you taken these before?
I have an FS appt on Friday. I don't want to do any more unmedicated FET- I'd like to try something different so hopefully FS will have some ideas. I will be so disappointed if I walk away with him saying keep trying the natural FET.

Hey Aleja, you can actually get a report printed by the Medicare office for your whole year's medical expenses.

Hey Girls,

How are ya?

Miss RK , sorry to hear your FIL isn't too well. That's hard on everyone all round isn't it. I will remember him in my prayers. XX Good luck with your Clexane and Cartia in the next round, hopefully that will bring some good news :)

Taylah, how are you doing hun? all going well?
Aleja, that is great you were able to claim all your expenses..wahoo...every bit helps!! This process we are all doing is not cheap!!
Wish...good luck and all the best with your move to QL, i must admitt anytime i go there i always come back thinking...would it be more relaxing and more chilled than Sydney? So hope it all goes well for you guys.

So girls, all fine with me i am now 8dpt, haven;t tested and i don't wnat to til Saturday. I feel like every time i take a test, it makes that red car crawl up to the door just that little bit faster!! I kinda feel like AF is coming, but i am so sick of trying to read signs and symptoms i think i am driving myself mad.
If AF comes, i am dreading telling my DH, he will be so disappointed i can just see all this is taking its toll on him. Anyway for now all is crossed.

Have a good night ladies,
XX

Hi dancing queen , all is well for me at the moment ! Getting fat & uncomfortable but not complaining ! Keeping everything crossed for you Hun , I keep checking up on you all & will continue to until you all have your bfp ' s ( hope no one minds ) xxx

When is your OTD DancingQueen? :dust:

You are always welcome here Taylah :)

Hi Girls,

Yes Taylah...second what Miss RK said. :) You are giving us some hope!!

Sorry Miss, what is OTD?,I have a blood test on Wednesday..
Gotta run, am late for something. Have a good friday ladies.

XX

hi gals,

Oh dancingqueen, i feel for you hun...that feeling of texting vs not-testing is horrible.....oh the stress. keep your spirits up, tomorrow will be here in no time xxx

Maddy, how are things going with you?

Taylah, of course its okay for you to stick around. you are our hope that this IVF stuff actually works!!!!

Miss Red, what does the clexane and cartia do? they are for immune issues, right?
sorry about the thousand questions - i am really interested in other's FET protocols at the moment!!

So today I went to see FS and asked him if he had anymore tricks up his sleeve!!!
I actually asked him if I could just move onto a new fresh cycle and he advised against it. He said it would be harder in the long term when I have completed my family (ha!) then having to decide what to do with the two embies...he has a point as I couldn't just leave them there all alone..

He agreed to do a double FET transfer though (with the final 2 blasts) and I am having an endo biopsy next week to check out what is happening in my endometrium. It gets tiring to be told that i have perfect cycles, perfect hormones, perfect embryos and then no implantation. He can't really explain either!!!!!
Oh and the clincher is that my DH doesn't agree with me doing the double FET.!!!! WTF??? he is worried about the risks.I think the FS spooked us both during our initial consultation about the risks, the vanishing twin syndrome etc etc. I am okay with the risks but DH isn't....now I have a dilemma...

The drugs will thin my blood to help with implantation :)

I am glad that your FS is doing a double transfer. Don't worry Hun, it doesn't mean you will get twins :hugs:

Awe thanks ladies, i feel ilike i know you all so well & want to see you all get your bfp's xxx

Aleja at least your doc is continuing to look at options. What does the biopsy entail and does that make you miss another cycle before doing the next transfer. Double transfer, yay, I agree it seems like it's such a big deal in Aust yet offered relatively freely elsewhere. I get that there are increased risks, but there is also a greater risk of pregnancy. At 41 I will be pushing for a double (if we ever get that far)!

Taylah, I def want to her your progress! You are the shining light at the moment :)

Miss Red not long now!

AFM, 9 days until our first FS appointment.

Hi girls,
what's happening out there??
Dancing Queen what's the verdict????? I wish you all the best on your bloods tomorrow. I hope everything is well x

Miss Red, I think I will casually ask the FS about immunes and blood clotting. He will probably think I am getting ahead of myself but I have already self-diagnosed some possible immune issues:haha: (no proof whatsoever, but hopefully the biopsy will shed some light). The good thing about BnB is that I can say that my "friend" goes to the St george clinic and is on clexane/cartia during the FET:blush: I hope you don't mind

Maddy, the biopsy is just done at the FS's clinic, it is supposed to be a quick procedure that takes a small sample from the endometrium. FS said it will hurt. Probably no worse that the HSG I had earlier this year which absolutely killed me. I can only have the biopsy if I have already ovulated. I am praying that this shows up in a BT that I am having tommorrw. If all oK the transfer will be in November, during the next cycle.

Which day does your FS appt fall? will this be the first one? GL with it and keep us updated

Go ahead and tell them, even if it is just the Cartia I think it helps.

hi ladies , i had a 3d/4d ultrasound done , thought i would share ...:baby:
any news dancing queen ? how is everyone else going ?

Attachments

• A1_34.jpg
    A1_34.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 4
  • A1_32.jpg
    A1_32.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 2
Wow Taylah, great pics!!

Not much with me, sitting at the hospital waiting for my FIL to come out of surgery..Hasn't been a good well did us found out yesterday that my DH stepdad passed away last week. He was only 44 :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->