Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

OMG Wish!!! Congrats hunny :dance: Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy :)

Ajela - My FS told me to take start taking it on Ovulation Day but I am already taking it. It doesn't hurt and I have read that it provides rich healthy blood to the uterus :)

Need a bump pic Tay :)

aleja & miss red your turn next xxx

hey miss red , here is a big bump pic taken 26 weeks :haha:

Attachments

• nats phone photos 149.jpg
    nats phone photos 149.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 5
OMG wish that is amazing news..........who would have thought these things really happen......its a miracle:happydance:

Hi Ladies,
I have been following your journeys on here now for about 2 weeks and have really enjoyed getting to know you all(kinda) but I thought it was time to introduce myself :hi:
DH and I have been married for just over 2 years and even though we have tried really hard :winkwink: nothing has happened so we went to see an FS through Monash IVF. I have 1 DD who is 12 but DH has no children. I have had CD1 and CD 21 blood done so far and DH has still to have a SA done , we catch up with the FS on 30th Nov. and hopefully he will be able to tell us what the plan is!!
I wanted to say that I understand how hard it is to watch others around you become pregnant while you seem to get nowhere. Sorry about the lack of personals but this was more of a hello as I have never posted on any forum before.
Hope to catch to you all soon but until then :hugs: to all

Hi Girls,

Wish..OMG , Thats is wonderful news Congratulations! Great to hear.

Taylah you are looking great and those 4d pics are amazing. It must be wonderful to see those pics.
Aleja and Miss RK, sending hugs. XX
As for me, it's been a rough couple of weeks, my AF was late and i actually thought it might be good news this time, so i didn,t test and waited until the proper test date ( nearly killed me to wait) but the day before AF started. So it was a BFN.

Then they decided that the cyst discovered last cycle appeared somewhat suspect/complex and asked for further tests...and ovarian cancer was talked about. I have been freaking out. I got the clear just yesterday thankfully.

Still can't believe your news Wish, that's fab.
XXX

:wave: Emzbon, welcome to the group :)

Sorry about your bfn Dancingqueen, was really hoping that this was it for you :( Glad to hear that the test came back negative sending you lots of :hugs:

Hi emzbon keep us posted on what your fs says !
Dancing queen - so sorry to hear about bfn, but so glad you got the all clear from cervical cancer, that must have been so scary xxx
Hi miss red - getting closer to your FET xx
Aleja - how you doing Hun?
Wish - have you canned your trip??

Where is everyone??
Hope the FET goes well on Thursday Miss RK.
Wish what's happening with the trip?
Taylah I hope all is well with you and bub and you take the time to enjoy the experience before the sleepless nights begin.

AFM I am trying to patiently wait for our next appointment with our FS when we will get the answers we need to know what our options are. On another note I was at a BBQ on Saturday and met someone who had lost to babies one at 19weeks and on at 17 weeks it made me grateful that I although I haven't been able to fall I also haven't had to experience a loss like that.

Hey guys,
What a whirlwind week it's been. My doctor told me that Africa was an absolute no-go. I was able to get a refund on the flights minus $300 but nothing on the tour so I'm down about $3000. Of course it's a small price to pay but eeek!!!!
The pregnancy was confirmed with a blood test last week and I've got an ultra sound next week on Tuesday to confirm a due date.
If I thought I was stressed before getting a bfp it was nothing compared to the last week! I guess after getting bad news for so long I'm scared to be happy in case 'something happens.' I question every cramp or twinge and knicker-check constantly. If only my google-search history could talk it would tell a crazy story of worry and panic. I guess the only thing that will make it easier is time. It's also been a tricky one to keep a secret because everyone thinks I'm supposed to be getting on a plane for two and half months on Friday!!! Anyway, I've had few symptoms, lots of cramping, painfully sensitive nipples, some queasiness and an intolerance to wheat which is weird but I've never had it before! I'm still in shock but extremely happy. Thanks you all for your kind words and support ladies I really appreciate it, this forum is the only thing I haven't banned myself from after using dr google for the last ten days!!!
How is everyone else...updates or news? Xxxx

Hi girls,
I really hope you don't mind me crashing in on your conversation. I have really loved reading about your journeys and feeling hopeful and inspired!
I am from Perth in Australia and have recently finished my first IVF cycle which was bfn :cry: I am waiting on AF and will start FE cycle sometime next week - with the transfer around the 22nd November.
I have a really low amh and my DH has low sperm count and motility of 1%... Its been such a roller coaster already but it is great to find a place filled with people who understand!
Congrats to the girls who have recently experienced a miracle and lots of love and hope to all of you having a bfp very soon!
xxx

Hi ladies
Cheerios to Em and Kirs glad you have joined the thread . It's nice being able to connect with Aussie gals all on the same journey . I hope for you it is a short one.

DancingQueen that sounded frightening about your cyst . What a relief that must be for you. Sorry about your BFN :-(
What will you do next?

Wish I know nothing will make you feel more calm right now but wow what an amazing story!!! Not sure what I would tell my friends but I think I'd be nervous about spilling the beans

Miss Red I may be having the FET around the same time as you in mid November . I emailed my FS about cartia but I didn't hear back from him. Weird as he is usually quick with replying to my neurotic emails. My AF is due tomorrow so I talk to the nurses about it then .

Hey girls , hope everyone is well !

Wish - welcome to the worry train, I'm sorry to say but you will worry like mad until you get to your 12-13 week scan where they check for down syndrome , then hopefully you will be able to relax a little after that at least for a little while ( just when I thought I could relax I got the stupid parvo virus ) but then as you near your 19 week anomoly scan you worry if they will find something wrong with the baby's heart or other organs , then you start worrying if you don't feel bub moving ( they go through quiet days) then if you will make it to viability week 24 , then to 3rd tri, I guess what I'm trying to say is pregnancy is so full of worry but if I have learnt anything from all my worries is that if it's meant to be it will be , I have had so many odds against me & I am so happy & relieved to say that I have made it to third trimester, now I have promised myself although I am getting increasingly uncomfortable I am going to try to relax & enjoy the last trimester ( lets see how that goes) but in all honesty welcome to motherhood - I still worry about my 7yo - lol

Aleja & miss red - cool that you two will be doing FET 's around the same time, it's def both of your turn to get your bfp's.

Hi & welcome to the new girls, kris-t my amh is really low too, have you considered taking DHEA ? I did for 3 months before ivf !

Thanks for the welcome girls and not minding me butting in :winkwink:

Aleja and Miss Red I will also be doing my FET in mid november. Hopefully the cycle begins early next week! I'm very keen to get going with it! Any advice for how to best prepare for the FET? Its a natural cycle so not so many drugs... I'm trying my best to stay away from coffee and wine :) I do enjoy running, but have given that a miss for the last few months too.

Also how much activity do you girls think is the best after transfer? I know they seem to do bed rest in America.... last IVF I just went straight back to normal life... I 'm thinking maybe I should take a few days off work this time? (I'm a primary school teacher)

Taylor - Thanks for the tip about DHEA - I don't know much about it but am busy googling right now! Does it help with egg count/quality? And what a gorgeous bubba! Wish and Taylor it make me smile so much to hear about your success... It really gives so much hope!

Kris- t - I only drank decaf for 2 months before ivf, a friend of mine did a couple of cycles & kept drinking coffee & was unsuccessful then her fs suggested they wait 8 weeks & no caffeine intake then try again & it worked not sure if it is a coincidence but I wanted to give myself the best chance - decaf isn't that bad once you get used to it. DHEA is not proven but is being widely & more commonly used by fs to treat low amh it has been shown to improve quantity & quality of eggs- it worked for me ,I was on 25 mg's 3 times a day for 3 months, I would def recommend it, I had no side effects worth mentioning :)

hi kirs_t,
the natural FETs are pretty easy on the body. Just a couple of blood tests and a scan and then FET time..they may give you some pessaries during the 2ww too.
Sometimes the clinic may give you an ovulation kit to test for your LH surge but in my case they didn't do this.
I asked my FS about resting after transfer (back when I did my fresh transfer) he just said for life to go on but no bungy jumping or horseriding!
I had tried a FET with resting for couple of days and then next time with no rest at all Neither have worked so I can't tell you which is best!
I guess the rule of thumb is to not do anything after a transfer you will regret and blame yourself for later.GL and hopefully it will be a success

Hey all,
Thanks for the reassurance Taylah. Everyone I speak to says the exact same thing, apparently worry is a symptom of pregnancy. Every day that ticks by I relax a tiny bit!

Kirs-t.. During my first IVF cycle and the two years previous I didn't drink coffee or run or hit the booze during 2 week wait. When I did get my bfp I ran, trained twice a day drank tonnes of coffee and grog and did every thing generally wrong! Whoops. I didn't think I could conceive naturally so I didn't think it mattered. Aleja's right, do what you feel comfortable with and what you won't regret but ultimately, if its gonna stick it will!! As for how much rest, I took a three days off work and chilled out (I teach kinder.) it was nice because I thought I was giving it the best chance but it was an awful lot of time to dwell without distractions too! I'm kinda my own worst enemy at times like that. Xxx Oh and happy Friday everyone!!!

Oh forgot to mention , I hung out on the couch as much as possible after transfer for a couple of days - that was in between school drop offs etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->