Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Hiya,

TAKE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! that is wonderful news. YAY!!! The ring is gorgeous, am very pleased for you. Let's hope all these good vibes are working their way through and doing great things for your FET!

Kirs-t , good look hun with you fet this month too. Will keep everything crossed for you.

Aleja...a little boy....brilliant!

Loving the two photos of Wish and Red, you girlies look amazing!!

Maddy, good luck love with Westmeand...whoever said in the earlier post that you feel like this ttc feels like it will break you...i totally get that!

However, Girls you know i firmly believe we will all get their one day, we just bloody have to.
Hi Miss Red, loving the name Lincoln
Hope you are all well and having a good Monday
xxxx

Hi Take what stone is that? Is it a sapphire?? It's beautiful !

MissRed I forgot to mention I like the name Lincoln - I watched the movie on the weekend and the whole time I was thinking what a great name that would be for a little one x

Dancing Queen we will all get there I have no doubt about it
I'm sorry I can't tell you much about pgd but I did notice you are on prednisone . Were you diagnosed with Natural killer cells?

It's an amethyst Aleja, it has blue undertones in some lights and pinkish in others. I'm a bit in love with it :)

Thanks everyone for the congrats, hoping my body might decide to join in the celebrations by getting pregnant this month lol

I read your story,it brought tear to my eyes, your princess is indeed brave and a champion.
How is she now ,all grown up I believe,give her a warm hug for me.
God bless her

Hi everyone, gosh lots of news here

Take :flower: congrat and what a gorgeous ring. I love a non-traditional coloured stone (I have a bright blue sapphire in mine). So pretty. Did W pick it out himself or did he have some help? :thumbup: Good choice!

Kirs_t good luck with FET :hugs:

Dancing are you on Pred? did you have NK tests done or did the Dr prescribe as a precaution? :shrug:

MissRed, Aleja, and everyone else :) HI!

AFM nervous about Wed and Thu (visiting both IVF clinics that we are considering). Have a l-o-n-g list of questions. Hope to have some kind of plan by the end of this week...

Hi Maddy! We looked at some pictures of rings and I told him a few things I liked, which he must have been listening because he designed it exactly how I would have myself, he wanted it to be unique and personal.

Good luck with your appointments. I'm glad you have lots of questions, in hindsight we didn't ask enough questions when we started and now trying to get them answered is like pulling teeth some days.

My ring is a natural sapphire . I love it and don't regret not going for the blingy diamond at all

I'd love to see a pic of yours Aleja, I'm a fan of sapphires too x

Hi All....officially on the IVF train. We signed up with Westmead and started the pill tonight for a long cycle.

Hi Take I worked out how to down load !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 9
That's fantastic Maddy :dance: I went on the long pill cycle :)

Beautiful ring Aleja :)

Well done Maddy, settle in its a long ride, fingers crossed for you x

Aleja- that ring is just breath taking, your hubby did a good job there, or did you pick it? Either way I love it! And now you know how to upload how about a bump pic ? :)

Has anyone read the recent Choice magazine report into IVF clinics in Aust?

I haven't read it yet - working night-shift tonight so I'll have a look then if I have time.

Hmm article is really just a summary but specifically mentions the price range starts from Westmead (low) to Genea and IVFA (highest). Notes success rates can be hard to unravel since variations are often "caused by individual centre averages being drawn from different patient groups and sometimes very small numbers. Some clinics don’t accept all patients, and so other clinics may see a higher proportion of patients with difficult fertility problems."

They also say "This doesn’t mean it’s not worth asking a clinic about their success rates, but the only success rate that matters is the one for people in your particular circumstances. The most important factors are your ages and specific issues. There can also be large variations in success rates per cycle commenced, per egg collection, per embryo transfer and whether a fresh or thawed embryo is transferred."

Nothing new in it for any of us, I suspect.

Oh and the latest AIFW stats (that I linked to from the Choice article) might solve a discussion had here......figures show that the boy/girl ratio from IVF in 2010 were:

Cleavage transfers - 100.1 boys to every 100 females.
Blastocyst transfers - 114.3 boys to every 100 girls.

(Page 48, www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=10737423259)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->