Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Take- that really sucks about the clinic nurses. I agree that it is their job to help and make this journey as easy as possible!! Infertility sucks at the best of times.... we dont need blasé nurses making it harder! I've had a similar experience at my clinic where I have rung and been made to feel like a total idiot for asking questions... and to make it worse- it was a new nurse who I swear to god would barely be older that 20 years old!luckily most of the other nurses are lovely.
I really hope you get some answers soon and that as wish said- you baby is just waiting for you in their freezer and you won't have to deal with them for much longer! Let us know what they say about your light period/ ovulation.
How are you feeling about everything?

Wish- I'm so sorry you have been a rough time. That all sounds really scary! Are you feeling any better? I hope your work is understanding and supportive xxx oh gosh- I just love the name you've picked. Yohanna is so beautiful and I reckon you can still call her teddy when she is little!

Aleja- that's crazy about the braxton hicks! And not good at all that you are feeling so uncomfortable :( glad the cervix is all good now!

How are you doing miss red?

Maddy- hope the jabs are going ok. Keep us posted on how you are doing

Dancing - big hug to you xxx

Hey kirsti how are those tests going? Getting darker?
Maddy- how's the cocktail? Hope not too many side effects xx
Love to all!

Happy weekend everyone :)

Take....your clinic sound a bit shite in their communications luv :growlmad: Hope you get some answers. Interesting yours only does 2-day transfers, my Dr will only do 5-day. I wonder if there's any rhyme or reason to these things sometimes?

Kirst...good luck for Monday :flower:

Aleja...good reminder about Canley Vale, Fairfield etc. I used to go to the temple in Bonnyrigg every week so I must dig around a big more and see what I can find that's new. I used to live in Cambodia and love Khmer food which is more delicate and far less spicy than Thai. But of course DH prefers his local cuisine (Lao-Thai) and about 10 fresh chillies per dish :haha:

Red, Wish hope your bumps are great.

AFM going okay, still just on Lucrin and just bumbling along...

Wish yippee for reaching the 3rd trimester ... yohanna is s beautiful name.
what a shame about your illnesses .. What infections have you had? and is that leaking amniotic fluid? Sounds stressful . You must be relieved that you are now in a safer zone. I realise financially you may need to hang in there but if your body is telling you to slow down then hopefully it is a possibility too.
I know exactly what you mean about worrying about everything and anything . It is driving me nuts and I think it is tainting my experience of pregnancy . I feel bad as millions of TTC girls would love to be in my shoes right now.

Take, I feel like I should have a medical degree too by now !
The endometrial biopsy is a small pap-smear like procedure where the FS takes a small slither of your endometrium in the cycle before you commence an IVF or Fet cycle . It is supposed to induce a greater blood flow to the region as it repairs and this is supposed to make the Endometrium more lush and embryo-friendly.
I found some research on this (i will try to find it again for you) and took it to my FS who agreed to copy a variation of the study. He said that it increases implantation by about 40-50% (mind you why didn't he tell me earlier when I had a few embies left I will never know)

Maddy when do you start on the stim injections?

Hi Aleja...start stimming on Wednesday, so not long till the exciting bit starts!

Maddy - good luck for starting stims on Wednesday! I really hope this is your cycle!

Aleja - dont feel bad about worrying. I think it is totally normal - especially after what we have all been through to get to pregnancy. Are you feeling better with the aching and braxton hicks?

Well we officially have a :bfp:

my hcg came back today at 3347!! it is alot higher than last time at this stage - where I was around 400. We are very cautiously optimistic and hopeful. I am a mixture of absolute joy and sheer terror today!! But we will just take it day by day and hope and pray that this one sticks around. I have a scan booked in 2 weeks time - when I should be 7 weeks.

Hi to everyone and hope you are all doing well!

Kirsty that is fantastic news :dance: I am so happy for you and DH, make sure you get lots of rest and make DH do everything :haha:

Take, sorry that your nurses are being so rude. I had a bad experience with one when we were with Sydney IVF, but since being with IVFA they seem to understand what you are going through xx

Wish, Yay for 3rd Tri :dance: I love the name you have picked for your little girl xx :cloud9: Lincoln is going well, moving around so much more now :)

Good luck with the stims Maddy xx :dust:

Aleja, I have been so uncomfortable like no business. I spoke with my OB last week and he said that I have SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction) and it makes my lower back down to my knees ache all day everyday :(

Sorry I haven't been around much girls, just been really busy with work. Went away the weekend just gone with my family and OMG they all fight like cat and dog!! Would rather of stayed home with DH and had a movie weekend. The only good thing about the weekend was yesterday when DH and I went on our hospital tour :o It was so much fun and the delivery suite is just like the rooms, not clinical looking. I am really excited to give birth now :haha:

Hi girls
Hey kirst that is a great beta! Did you transfer 1 or 2 embys?
Take it easy and try to stay positive x

Ms Red ouchy !! that pain sounds horrible ..its such an eye-opener about all the changes going on inside our bodies .
And the weekend away didnt sound so relaxing either :/

Which hospital will you be going to?

Luckily my Braxton hicks has settled. I think it just happens when I feel full from eating too much!! So I don't even know if it is BH after all

Maddy yes it's the exciting part coming up now soon you will be in the 2ww!! Eeek!

Glad to hear the BH have calmed down Aleja xx

I am going to Nepean Private Hospital, where are you going? :)

I'm going to st George private. I did the tour too. I have a few friends who have had their babies there and they were all really happy with the care. Having said I can't say I'm excited about labour !

Hi all!
Firstly YAY Kirsty so excited for you, those numbers are amazing..sure there is not 2 in there? :)
Maddy-You starting stimming today? How exciting, I hope it all goes well for you x

AFM- Im on the sunshine coast, the trip has had its dramas, our plane here was delayed several times so lots of waiting around, then our suitcase didn't turn up so we had no clothes for the first 24 hours, challenging when the female I had to borrow clothes from who we are staying with is a size 18 and I'm a 10...I looked hilarious. Then yesterday I wake up with a strange red bump that swelled up over the day and had a blister on top. Everyone convinced me to get it checked out and apparently its a spider bite so they dressed it and bandaged it up and I'm on antibiotics. What next lol. Other than all that we have enjoyed food, wine, the beach and Australia Zoo, its been great.
When we get back next week we'll contact the clinic to discuss a few things.
Aleja- I did some reading on the biopsy which was very interesting so ill be bringing it up with our doctor, thanks for the tip x

Aleja, St George Private is great that is where I go to IVFA. You will be excited about giving birth once you get there knowing you are going to have your miracle xx :)

Good Luke today Maddy xx

Hope the rest of the holiday is better for you Take :) Enjoy xx

Take- that does sound like a few dramas to starts your holiday! I hope the sunshine, beaches and wine will make up for it! Look forward to hearing what your clinic says and your next steps xxx

Miss red- I'm glad you are looking forward to the birth and meeting your lil one! I must admit labour scares the bajeezus out of me :) how are you feeling bout it wish and Aleja? Anyone going for natural? I think id be taking the drugs ;)

Maddy! Hooray for starting :) let us know how you go?

Dancing- how's things with you? I bet you're looking forward to your holiday. Did you say may you leave? It's coming around quickly now xxx

Hey kirst! Oh my god congratulations.. I am so so happy for you! Best news babe and so well deserved. I can't wait till everyone on this thread is exchanging parenting advice.. I really believe it'll happen.!

As for labour... I'm planning for nothing and just rolling with it, if I can have a safe birth without memories of begging people to murder me all the better.

In other news we started classes and was dispensed some firm advice.... The physio said that the sun is a natural healer so if you end up with stitches for tearing or episiotomy you can lay on a lilo outside with your legs spread. Nice treat for the neighbors. She also reccommended taking a picture of your vagina so you will know what it's supposed to look like after 'the damage' and know if its healing. C-section is looking more appealing daily.

How's the holiday take and how's the cycle maddy?

Red and aleja... Comfort levels are diminishing I can imagine? Xx

Hi gals
Take there is nothing like some holiday drama but glad your spider bite isn't anything too serious.
I hope your FS agrees with the biopsy theory. The other thing I did was take 1 low dose aspirin per day. Also supposed to aid implantation although my FS wasn't too convinced it made a difference ( hey but whatever works, right!?)

Wish thanks for the sunshine tip. My nosey/creepy neighbour will love this!
As for the vagajay photo..!!!!
I totally agree with you about everyone swapping baby poo stories I am starting to believe this.
Red, yes the major prize at the end of labour is a cute healthy baby but the process scares me too. I dont have a grand plan except to have an open mind. I am ok with drugs and an epi !!

Kirst, how are you feeling?

I agree with you Aleja, I take a low dose aspirin everyday and worked for me :) My OB recommended it and believes it helps.

Hi ladies,

So I'm back from holidays and just checking in for a vent so bare with me.
Firstly I have been temping on FF for 5 or 6 months now, I find it helpful in pinpointing my ovulation so I don't feel like I'm flying blind. So of course I forgot to pack my thermometer didn't I. We went out and bought another one but not after missing one day of temp, not too big of a deal as I was only CD7 so figured it wouldn't matter too much.
Then the thermometer we bought seems to measure lower than the old one so has thrown the chart out a bit but like I said, early days so wasn't overly concerned and continued temping all week. Arrived home today and unpacked, can't find the new thermometer can I? Must have left it at our friends house in Sydney this morning, argh..annoying!

Then yesterday my daughter who is staying with her dad for the week rings to tell me that her step mum is pregnant. Don't het me wrong, I am happy for them. They have been trying for over 2 years and this was their 3rd IVF attempt but it is a little bit of a sting that he will produce a sibling for her before I will. They are due mid nov and I will be heartbroken if we haven't conceived by then,
The other thing is this stupid suspected spider bite hasn't healed yet, I'm on antibiotics and have to dress it everyday and wear a bandage. Because we have been on holidays I haven't been to the doctor since Wednesday and I do want to get it checked, went straight to the hospital this afternoon when we got into town and there were hundreds of people sitting in the waiting room so we just walked straight out.
And lastly I have been spotting this afternoon, I'm cd12, I have never spotted at this point in my cycle before. Was hoping I was a late HCG riser but did a test and of course negative. Could it be IB and I've ovulated super early, have never ovulated that early ever that I'm aware of. Is it ovulation spotting, although I've never had that before. Could it be the spider bite/antibiotics? Or something else? Really just wish something would go my way and make sense.
Sorry for the avalanche of verbal blah, but just needed to get all this off my chest.
Hope everyone is having a better week than I am x

Take ... xxx sounds like you've had a full on few days - the holiday sounds good, the other stuff not-so-much. :flower: for you. Hope that spider bite heals. I'm sorry your test didn't show the result you were hoping for, hopefully (as you say) you're just a late riser :hugs:

Red ... ouch SPD :nope: I've heard it's really dreadful. Does it hurt less if you don't move around much?

Aleja ... I reckon you can probably blame BH for everything at the moment :thumbup: Take advantage of it while you can!

Kirst ... huge number! Could it be :oneofeach: do you think? Is your scan later this week?

Wish ... wow the legs-apart-healing-in-the-sun vision... :shock: :haha:

AFM I'm still here. Today is Day 5 of stims, will have my first bloods on Tuesday and then a scan on Friday. I'm coming along slowly...

Sending you lots of :hugs: Take xx Hope you get the bite seen to soon.

I have tried everything Maddy, but nothing seems to bee working :( Had a bath yesterday which took a bit of the pain away but then had the most awful night sleep. My poor colleague today is dragging me along today :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->