Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Leo is a great name aleja! I like Theo too! Ill be just on 37 weeks when I finish. Hopefully ill have some time to fit in some 7th heaven and Dr Quinn... Maybe ill have some dreams about Sully being my next babies daddy... He was super hot in his day..

Hey all.....EPU delayed until later next week (instead of Monday) as all follies on Right side still too small & the sonographer couldn't even see my left ovary.,... More in my journal (link below). Sorry am totally knackered otherwise I would write it all again here. Almost 6 hrs driving to/from clinic (DH had to work so daughter and I went on our own). Then I had to go pick DH up from work when we got back (1hr round trip) as there is no public transport at his work and I had the car....
Now I have to go to bed because I have to start work at 6am tomorrow morning :)

I love the name Leo too :) xx

Keep your chin up Maddy, did they increase your dose? xx

Wow you are finishing late Wish :o I am only finishing early as I have so much leave banked.

Oh Maddy that is such a long round trip. I really admire your determination . I have heard other ladies on different threads say that their left ovary is sometimes hiding. It's strange but not uncommon.

Will they increase your dose ?

Oh yes viability !! I only learn this today , not that I have any intention of giving up the oven anytime soon. Baby 'Leo' is staying put !!!

Have you girls got all your stuff sorted?
Kirst how are you going?

Happy Sunday everyone!

Hi Wish & Kirst and anyone my exhausted 'morning-after-the-night-before' brain has forgotten :flower:

Aleja - the round-trip isn't too bad as it's highway except for the last few minutes of the drive. I'm thinking of taking the bus on Monday though, as neither DH nor daughter can come with me. :plane: would take almost as long with all the pre-departure waiting & the trip across Sydney from the airport to Westmead. (I had no idea what V-day meant either. I'm learning so much on BNB :thumbup:)

Miss Red - no increase in meds since I'm known to be a slow responder. I'm hoping they're ripe on Monday so we can have EPU on Wednesday, as my entire family is arriving from interstate on Thursday :dohh:

Hi maddy good luck today! I hope you are kicking back on the bus this morning .
I was reading your journal - I didn't realise you had 2 older children already- they must be your personal cheer squad x

Hi maddy, I know I may come across as a crazy stalker ( I promise I'm not ) but after reading your journal I think we were at Westmead at the same time last Friday. I was there for a scan and I have egg collection tomorrow. I over heard the nurse talking about the distance you had to travel and since I drove from Newcastle and i also have to travel it caught my attention and if you are the same person you were there with your daughter?Anyway just want to wish you the best of luck xox

Thanks girls :) Well I wimped out and drove today - much quicker than usual since I didn't have to stop for DH to go to the loo every time we passed a servo :haha: Retrieval will be on Friday, looks like only 5 follies at this stage, but at my I'll take anything :flower:

Chook :hi: yes that would have been us on Monday. Daughter and I stand out since we don't resemble each other at all :thumbup: Funnily enough she closely resembles DH - people that don't know she's adopted just think she's his daughter from a previous relationship :) Good luck on Tuesday, come back here and let us know how you go.

I think I paid attention to you because of how lovingly you spoke to your daughter and how bubbly you were then I heard the nurse talking about you driving back to Canberra and once I read your journal today I thought it was to much of a coincidence not to be you! Good luck on Friday!!! I had 6 follies that looked ok. I was writing here last December whilst doing another ivf cycle that failed. Will keep you updated and will say hi if I see you there again. Xox

Hi girls!
Chook and Maddy- that is great that you crossed paths! Cook are you doing another cycle?
Maddy 5 follies is good and Friday is still a little while away- I bet you have even more by then!

Take - how are you doing? How are you feeling about everything?!

Aleja- I absolutely love the name Leo! It is my DH grandfathers name and we really wanted it if we have a boy....but last year one of his cousins pinched the name when she had a bub ;)

A big hi and hug to wish and miss red xxx and wish- it is really awesome to see your pics on fb and see your beautiful bump! So inspiring :) I'm hoping my belly will grow like that too :)
Are you feeling any better red?

I had another blood test today (my clinic does them weekly till 8 weeks) and the level was up to 99,000. Makes sense now why I've been throwing my guts up ;) my scan is tomorrow at 11.30 and I cant explain how nervous I am. Keep tearing up today and being a complete wuss. I just feel like I can't trust those hcg numbers or my body after last time. Well let you guys know how it goes xxx

Good luck kirst I know you'll be fine I cannot wait to hear how you go! Keep us updated! And good luck for Friday maddy, I too was a slow responder but ended up with 8 mature eggs! Hope it goes well and rest up xx

Kirst...OMG it's now just after 12:00 so by now you'll have a number and a picture :thumbup:. Can't wait to hear how it went!

come on kirsty we are on the edge of our seats here :)

Maddy- I'm eagerly watching your updates, crossing fingers for you

Chook- Good to hear from you too :)

AFM- I ended up bleeding for 7 days and it increased to what you would call a normal period, so I guess it was a period? No idea why it came 12 days into my cycle? Had a pap smear today so fingers crossed no nasty news there. Other then that I'm just waiting to ovulate!

:wave: Chook xx

Where are you Kirst :) can't wait to hear from you xx

Got everything crossed for you Maddy xx

Sorry about the bleeding Take :hugs: xx

Hi girls! Sorry for the late reply!
We had the best news at our scan today and DH took the day off work to celebrate with me :)
We have a beautiful little bean with a nice strong heartbeat! It was the most emotional experience and we are just over the moon! As soon as he started the scan we could see it (last time the sac was empty apart from the yolk sac) and the doc said straight away 'there it is.' I just burst in to tears and had to calm down so he could finish the scan and take some pics :) we heard the heartbeat - which was just so amazing! and I'm measuring a couple of days ahead at this stage!

It's still early days, but we are just so happy right now! My next scan is not until the end of may at 12 weeks, but I'm going to beg the gp this week- to let me have another one in a couple of weeks time!

Thanks for cheering me on girls xxx

KIRSTI!! I'm so SERIOUSLY ecstatic for you!!!! Can't think of anyone more deserving for some effing FANTASTIC news! You just made my night! I fully understand feeling anxious I'm 30 weeks and still too paranoid to cut the tags off the stuff I brought her! Don't feel bad just roll with it, you'll have times of complete anxiety and some awesome days when you really relish your lil miracle. I'm totally delighted for you babe! Xx

Congratulations kirst!!! Must have been such a precious moment for you! I'm so happy for you xox

Sorry to hear about the bleeding take xox

I had 8 eggs collected today. We are doing ivf instead of icsi this time so hopefully the quality of the embryos will be much better then last time. We find out in the morning how many have fertilised!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->