Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

She is absolutely adorable wish! so good to hear from you xxx

You too Aleja- hope you and Marlon are doing great!

How are the new ladies? Has anyone started their cycles?

Keep the bump pics coming Maddy and take! I will put one up this week too- I have really popped out this week as I realised when I tried to paint my toes! It looked like I let a preprimary kid free in the art room ;)

Hi ladies,

Wish- that little one is to die for..she is so cute!!

Maddy- Love the bump pic, I will have to pull my finger out and post one i know!!

Kirsty- OH has been painting my toenails for me for the last month lol. He does quite well. I cannot wait for the weather to warm up a bit, socks and shoes are such a challenge, just want to wear thongs and ballet flats!!

Hi girls!
So I had my ob appt this morning and it didn't go as well as usual! Nothing too dramatic at the moment, but it turns out I am growing a whopper! She has measured around 2 weeks ahead for ages, but the ob was never concerned, but today after doing all the measurements, he was like 'well we have a bit of a problem.' Apparently she is quite humongous and he started talking about c section for when we reach term! This really upset me cos I have always had my heart set on a natural birth.... And I know it's still early days, but I picked this ob as he has a good reputation for natural deliveries. So kind bummed he's talking c section- he did say 'you can still try to push out a 12 pounder. Though some will say its unwise, I won't stop you.' :dohh:
Anyhoo - we will have an ultrasound in2 weeks to get some more accurate measurements and in the mean time, I'm quietly hoping she will decide to make an early appearance before she grows too big for my poor vagina! Obviously not yet- but anytime after 36 weeks would be nice- if she's ready and healthy of course!
Other news was that I have pretty low iron and nearly anaemic, so have the joy of starting some of those wonderful iron supplements. They should do the trick though- after the d&c in jan I had really low iron and levels were back to normal by the time I fell preggo with this giant bundle of joy.

Anyone else had experience or know people who have had really big babies? What happened for them. Is it worth tying al a naturale?

Ultrasounds are well known for not predicting accurate size, I wouldn't agree to a c section just yet...I would bet when you have her she's no where near as big as they are suggesting, I hear these stories all the time

Thanks take! I am defn not agreeing to a c section. I don't have gd or any other complications, so will trust my body until it suggests otherwise :) and I agree about size measurements... Have heard heaps of stories about them getting it wrong! Fingers crossed :) kind of annoys me that the ob made us worry and even suggested c section at such an early stage!

Yeah plenty of time left before needing to worry about size. Obviously c section has to be the way to go sometimes but I have a friend who is short, petite and generally little and birthed her 11lb bub naturally without a drama at all, and have known tall broad hipped girls struggle to push out a 6lb, work that out! The human body is a mystery!

....hoping she will decide to make an early appearance before she grows too big for my poor vagina!...

:shock::shock::shock::shock: Oh my!

My niece was nearly 10lb and they knew from about 30 weeks that they were having a C-section due to size. Plus SIL had gest diabetes and was morbidly obese (even before she got pregnant) so they didn't want to risk any additional health issues.

AFM am 25 weeks today...have my 26 week appointments next week - midwife & the high-risk medical unit scan & Ob appointment. FX that blasted placenta has lifted or I might be C-sectioning with you, Kirst!

Kirsty I wouldn't worry too much, I was measuring 7 weeks ahead at one stage and told I was going to have a toddler.... Even in labour they were like 'this is a whopper' then they pulled her out and she had a tiny head and was 7.4lb! Take it with a grain of salt seriously!! I had a shit load of fluid and that's why my fundal height was so far ahead.

Good luck too maddy..hopefully no cesar for you too xx

Hey wish! I am glad you are well - your girl is a real cutie

Kirst, I agree with the others , ultrasounds are not always accurate - I too was measuring 2 weeks the whole pregnancy and was told my OB he would be a big baby. It was a load of crap as Marlon was very small sized in the end and my vajajay coped fine .

Maddy good luck with the scan

Oh and wish, how are you going with it all? Is Yohanna a good sleeper, and are you breast feeding etc? Marlon is a pretty content baby - I breast feed with formula top ups. This works well for me and baby loves it as feeding is his favourite thing. :)

Lucky you Aleja, hope I get a content one, that's what I ordered anyway lol

Great to hear from you aleja and wish! Thanks for reassuring me... Pretty much everyone I have spoken to now has said the same thing- estimating weight is a load of crap :) so no more nightmares of giving birth to a toddler- back to enjoying pregnancy!

So good to hear Marlon is a content lil bub! I hope ours is like that too :) how's the bf and everything going? Wish, yohanna is absolutely gorgeous too!! Such cute pics x

Maddy and take- how are you guys feeling? I'm 31 weeks today and starting to get pretty excited. Ob appts are fortnightly now and go to weekly next month! Keep wondering how long till we meet her :)

Kirst...glad you are back to feeling okay.

While I am enjoying being pregnant (esp. now I look it!) I must admit I am absolutely terrified about everything that's coming up (pain/labour/recovery/breastfeeding).

Don't stress Maddy, just enjoy the ride, it all goes so quickly.

Kirsty I'm glad you're feeling reassured, not long for you now, on the home stretch :)

AFM- I've just had my sister and my 2 and 4 year old nephews here, phew that's exhausting, they are very cute but non stop.
I am looking quite big, I know this as when strangers ask how far along I am they raise their eyebrows with surprise at my answer. Everyone says I'm all belly though which is reassuring. Despite this my fundal height is measuring a week behind so work that out. Aside from the sore back I'm really good :)

hi everyone, just wanted to pop in & say hi ! so happy to see some beautiful bubs & equally beautiful bumps, Harper is 9 months old now & so much fun , she says dada , mama & hi, she waves & claps too, she is such a delight & very healthy no problems after her horrible start to life, stay well much love to you all xx

Attachments

• P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 4
Taylah what a cutie patootie you have there!

How is everyone's weekend going :flower: I'm working so it feels like Monday to me :wacko:

Taylah- what a gorgeous little munchkin. She is so big and grown up, so lovely hearing from you and hearing how well you both are.

I've just finished my paper work for mat leave and sent it off this morning, yay only 9 weeks left, all the customers keep commenting I must be finishing soon, they can't believe I'm not due till Jan, i am so big!

Gosh you're organised, Take. Lucky the earliest my office wants paperwork is 30 weeks. Are you taking the govt Paid Parental Leave as well?

Taylah! What a gorgeous little girl! She is absolutely beautiful. So good to hear from you and that things are going well.

Maddy and take- how are you ladies going? Great news that the count down to maternity leave is on take! Maddy, when will you finish up? I was meant to be going back to work for three more weeks tomorrow but I am so glad I made the decision to finish early. All the stress and anxiety I had, has disappeared! I feel slack, cos I know most people work way longer- but it's defn right for my body!

I'm enjoying the sunshine this weekend and am just heading out for brunch with some girlfriends. Then catching up with the family for dinner... My poor sister is 11 weeks preggo now and has horrendous morning sickness! Our kids will be in the same school year which is really nice. Unfortunately she just got a letter saying that she's not accepted into the midwifery led family birthing centre. She has some weird antibodies in her blood as she is a positive blood type and her husband (and prob baby ) are negative. Not too sure what it all means yet, but she will have to go through the high risk ob at the women's and children's hospital. Anyone know anything about this??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->