Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Hey ladies,

Maddy- My company only provides unpaid maternity leave (stupid), pretty much just hold my job for me. I do have approx 30 weeks of long service leave I can take and then I hope to get the government parental payment too. I only work as a casual but providing you do enough hours you can get it and I think I am eligible.

Kirsty- I am negative blood type, when I had Keyara they had to check her blood type straight away, she was positive so I had to have an injection so my body didn't create anti bodies just in case our blood had crossed. I also had the shot after my miscarriage and when i spotted in the first tri this time. I have to have regular blood tests to check to see if there are any anti bodies but so far mine have all been fine, I also have to have another injection, maybe 2 in the third tri. I presume your sister has already had her blood and the babies blood cross and has already built antibodies, therefor she'd be at an increased risk of miscarriage or the baby having some minor issues when born. They'll just need to keep an extra close eye on her but fingers crossed she'll have no major issues.

Hi gals I'm getting excited about you ladies reaching the home stretch, it's all gone so quickly .

Kirst it was a good decision finishing early... Get all the rest you can - you will need the reserves when bubs arrives!!!
I hope your sister's well cared for by the women's hospital.

Maddy, it's funny how excitement about the baby gets replaced by fear as the pregnancy comes to an end but it will all be okay. You will know what to do when the time comes .

Take, 30 weeks of long service!! Wow that's brilliant .. Can you take it at half pay?

Taylah, your girl looks so happy!! I'm so pleased that she is happy and healthy. Will you celebrate her first bday?

Marlon is now 12 weeks and things are definitely getting easier - the breast feeding and settling etc. the boy is also starting to sleep longer stretches at night, only waking up once to feed. I will enjoy it will it lasts !

Hi lovelies :)

Sorry I have been MIA, been so busy with our little man. He is 12 weeks old and starting to smile and giggle, absolutely priceless.

Hi to all the new girls and congrats on all the new bfps :)

Great to see all the bumps are still growing :)

Going to write up my birth story in my journal today, but my little man has just woken up so will do it in a couple of hours.

Xxx

Nice to hear from you Miss Red, any pics of the little fella? :)

Here are a couple of pics :)

https://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o220/sir_juggsalot/Mobile%20Uploads/image-5.jpg

https://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o220/sir_juggsalot/Mobile%20Uploads/image-4.jpg

https://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o220/sir_juggsalot/Mobile%20Uploads/image-3.jpg

https://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o220/sir_juggsalot/Mobile%20Uploads/image-2.jpg

Hi girls! How's everyone going?

Any of the new ladies started a cycle? Would love to hear how it's going!

Love the mummas popping by! What gorgeous bubs xxx

How are you going maddy and take? We are all on the home stretch now :)

I had an ob appt yesterday which was interesting.... On Sunday I got out of bed and had a big gush (sorry for tmi) of brown blood! Was a bit worried, but it seemed to stop by mid morning and my friend who is a midwife, said not to worry unless there is more blood or pain. So I just continued on as normal- so I saw the doc the next day (yesterday) and mentioned it- he said it was most likely the 'show' and could mean early labour! Wth???!! He also said that it is very possible nothing more will come of it and that I will still be preggo well into December, but that I need to be aware that it might happen. Anyhoo- then he checked the usual things and bp has also shot up! I am normally 120/60 or less and was up to 160/85 so need to keep and eye on that too. She's still measuring really big- but hasn't engaged yet, which is a good sign for labour not starting this soon!

So I left feeling slightly concerned and then realised my next appt is not till 8/11 but I figure I can just call if anything happens in the meantime. I feel completely fine and have no symptoms (less bh than usual!) so I am thinking she will keep cooking for a lot longer yet! It really is too early and even 2 more weeks would make a huge difference. will just take it easy for now and knowing the universe I bet I'm still preggo at Christmas :)

We're good over here :)

Wow a show already?? They say that it can happen anywhere from 30 weeks! I lost my plug and had my show after my waters broke. Just try and relax and take it easy :hugs:

Gosh pretty soon this is going to be the post-IVF thread (or maybe the second-timers) if some new members don't give us some news soon :)haha:)

Oh Red, gorgeous pics :thumbup: Bubba is gorgeous - those eyes are going to draw the women in!!! Were the photos professionally done?

Kirst, gosh early labour (swallow....) I haven't even bought anything except the pram/cot/bath...I am totally in denial :blush: My excuse is that my baby shower is Wednesday so I'm waiting to see what I still need after that.

Take, hope you are well...

Hehe maddy- denial is not such a bad thing!! Pretty sure that's what I'm in after the ob appt yesterday ;) how exciting your baby shower is Wednesday! Let us know how it goes!

I've actually decided not to have a baby shower - life just seems so busy and we have 3 weddings to go to in November! Ugh I barely have any clothes that fit, let alone wedding attire haha!

I agree miss red- those eyes are just gorgeous! What beautiful pics. I'd like to get some professional snaps done when bubs is born. Xxx

I agree Maddy it is going to be a post IVF thread :haha: DH and I have made our appointment for our next cycle. Hoping to have a retrival around Sep-Oct next year then go on our cruise in Dec then have a frostie put in Jan 2015 :)

Hope you have a great time at your baby shower. I waited to see what I got before I bought stuff. The only this I had lay-byed was pram, cot, change table, tall boy and car seat.

Wow 3 weddings Kirst, and all in the same month!!

Lucky for me my DH loves photography and he took the photos :) except for the one with him in, which I took but he set the camera up for me :haha:

He took some amazing photos in theatre, we have pics of Lincoln coming out, bit like watching a movie :)

hi all :)

Goodness Kirsty, a show already that is early!! Not that I'm an expert, I never had one with Keyara, or lost my mucus plug. Will be interesting to see how this labour goes, hopefully not 9 days overdue again..not that I want to go too early either. Its in the hands of fate I guess.

Not much to tell here, I have been organising a hens weekend for a friend I will be bridesmaid for in March, we set the hens for the 9th November because both myself and the other bridesmaid are due in late January, unfortunately the bride text me this morning to tell me her father died yesterday. Its always sad to loose a parent but more so with her wedding so close, casts a shadow over the whole thing, haven't had a chance to ask her yet but wondering if we might cancel the hens now.

Other than that I did a charity walk on Sunday, 5.5km, was all good until the last 1 or 2 kms, my belly was so tight and painful, I'm clearly too unfit. I think its braxton hicks cause I've had that feeling the last few days, I didn't have BH with Keyara so this is new for me.

Maddy- Look forward to hearing about your baby shower :)

Hi to Miss Red and anyone else out there still looking in on us xx

Oh gosh the baby shower was amazing. I work with a truly wonderful bunch of people - my entire car boot was full of bags of presents. Basically they just asked what items I already had, and the colour scheme of the nursery and they went for broke. We got a voucher for a family portrait, a bouncer, nightlight, mobile, cot linen and blankets, muslin wraps, bibs, baby toiletries, bulk box of Huggies and wipes and a huge bag full of about 50 little items (like a dummy holder, nail clippers, baby music CD, baby hair brush set, etc). I am so humbled, I was almost in tears as I was opening everything!

Edited on Thurs to add: 28-week scan was brilliant and all the issues identified at the 20 week scan have resolved. Bing was floating around, head-down and sucking his thumb :) Onwards and upwards.....next scan will be 1 week before Xmas, at 36 weeks.

Have loaded the pic to my journal.

Hi everyone!!

Well we thought we had settled on a name and now it seems to be popping up everywhere and I'm not keen on a name that is common..so now we have had a rethink. I think we have found an alternative but OH is PAINFUL!! I suggest something, he says he likes it, I think we've decided and then he says 'just because I say I like it doesn't mean its the one'. I keep reminding him that we actually need to pick something, we can't change it everyday, why is he being so difficult, I thought the woman was supposed to be the one who got all nutty over baby names. I refuse to be one of those women who still haven't named the baby after its born! And we both agree that it isn't something that anyone else should have an opinion on so we are keeping our ideas between the two of us. After 2 hours of searching and discussion last night he finally agreed to one, but I hope it wasn't just out of exhaustion..argh wish he'd just be confident in a choice..he can be such a bloody woman sometimes lol.

My DH was like that and I would suggest so many names and he would say "no", I would get so frustrated. He originally said no to the name Lincoln and now says that no other name would have suited him lol

And yes men are painful :haha:

Hehe- I know what you mean! My Dh was adamant that we could not possibly name her until she was born and saw what she looked like!! But as it turns out we had a list of possible names and one of them has stuck! We call her that now instead of 'the baby' so it really does feel like her name! It's just tricky now- not slipping up and letting our family know. We want it to be a surprise :)

Can't wait to hear her name take! You too maddy! And miss red- I love Lincoln... My best friend is considering that if she has a little boy!

How's everyone going? Mummas? Preggie ladies? Any new ladies cycling?

All good for me! Absolutely no signs of early labour after the bleeding. If anything, I've had less braxton hicks than usual so feeling good! Been doing lots of yoga. Started antenatal classes at our hospital and also did an evening at the yoga school. Was a bit hippy but really awesome and gave Dh so much confidence and info on being a birth partner :)

We've found a name we can both live with but I'm on the hunt for something I like better.

Oh wow so much going on!! Not long left for you pregnant ladies!! I can't believe how quick the time is going ! You guys struggling much? The last bit is definitely the hardest!

Red and Alejandro your tiny boys are growing super fast!! And aleaja Yo is great on the boob thank god, from all the trouble of her getting here was such a relief to have something go easy! In saying that she's shocking putting on weight and is on the 5th percentile. She's also a shocking night sleeper.. She great during the day though and so cheeky!
Maddy we'll be back on the ttc wagon in December so won't be a completely post IVF thread for long! So happy your issue are sorted too..
You guys getting nervous about the labour?

Any more cycle news from anyone else? Chook? Hopeful cat ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g