any bad sleepers who temp?

Eline, won't be long until we reach 12 weeks. Only 2 weeks left! Can't wait for a scan though. I have a gut feeling that something is wrong, but can't lay my finger on what though. Generally every time I've been pregnant I've ever felt pregnant and knew the sex or I didn't and end up miscarrying. This time I've just got a feeling something is different but not sure what. I'm hoping I'm wrong though.

Citrus: I'm sorry you had a bad day also. Hope you enjoyed your episodes of Don't tell the bride.

Noodle: Be interesting to see how different it is in Canada to UK health care. Glad you took a FRER and now believe it. All I can say each pregnancy is different and you might even feel better this time than last time. Although each pregnancy for me I feel worse!

Jumpingo: I'm guessing your state side now, how's it going over there? You enjoying yourself?

AFM my son caught a sickness bug at school, so I've been running around cleaning up after him if he can't make the toilet in time. Then last night I've final been sick, so not sure if its morning sickness or he's give me his bug as I've only been nauseous up to now. So who knows. We're going to take it easy for the rest of the week and hopefully he'll make a speedy recovery.

Mummy2o that doesn't sound fun!!! I'm sure all is fine in your pregnancy. I've heard countless times it said that all pregnancies are different so try not to worry. You'll feel better once u hit 12 weeks and get that all important scan :)

Noodle, how are u feeling? Any symptoms starting to hit home yet?

I'm still feeling shattered, going to take it easy for the next week or so.

Mummy2o I also have the feeling something is off this time. I don't know why. Might be the lack of symptoms. How are you feeling today? Hope you're better. My husband caught something last week but luckily my daughter and I didnt get it. He was on the toilet for a a whole day and then it started getting better.

Citrusfruit when did your exhaustion start? I remember feeling it last pregnancy but nothing yet. I know I'm still early.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend :)

I'm hoping I'm better now. But I'm not sure. I've only just got up and feel great! But I had the runs only a few hours ago.... So it's a wait and see. I hope so as I have a busy day tomorrow, with things I'd like to do on it, so would like to be better by then. All in all its been 4 days now so touch wood its now all gone. My son was sick for 3 so should be going now.

Hopefully you'll pick up soon citrus. 2nd trimester is when your suppose to feel great!

Noodle, since more or less finding I was pregnant I've been in bed earlier than normal. With a few naps in the day this time. With DS I wasn't tired and I don't really remember being this much tired with DD. This really is a different ball game. I just hope first trimester passes quickly so I can enjoy a peaceful pregnancy as I generally have a nice pregnancies and horrible births.

I can't stop dreaming about the baby at the moment! It's making it feel more imminent but I know there's so long to go! I think my exhaustion was just down to a really hectic few weeks at work rather than baby. I didn't really get much in the way of symptoms in first tri either noodle so I'm sure it's all ok.

Mummy, glad you are feeling better, it sure is horrible to be feeling under the weather. I'm feeling much better already, after a couple of good nights sleep.

Getting soooo excited for my 20 week scan. Is anyone else finding out or are u staying team yellow? Sorry if we've covered this before, I just can't remember!

First pregnancy I remember being exhausted and going to bed early all the time. It might have been after MS hit so for sure after 6 weeks. I feel like I've been waiting forcer to get to six weeks lol.
Glad you're feeling better mommy2o :)
Citrisfruit I think I might have said I was going to try staying team yellow but that's not going to happen. I need to know a head of time so I know whether to think of a boy name lol. It will take forever since I don't like any haha. I also need to do the nursery a head of time. 20 week scan is still a surprise.

I got a good deal where as I get a final say on names since I carried the child for 9 months, he has no business in what to name them. However, he gets to name all our pets. So I think it's a fair compromise. As for team yellow, I don't know. I was team yellow with my son as he refused to show anyone what he was. My gut said boy, so that was right. But I guess I'd like to know in case it was a boy and would stop buying Erika all the pink toys and go for more gender neutral colours. Although saying that pink is Ossian's favourite colour. As for names I have Logan or Morgan for a boy already from last time. As for girl, no idea. We we're trying to see if any names went with Erika and we decided none do :/

I got a good deal where as I get a final say on names since I carried the child for 9 months, he has no business in what to name them. However, he gets to name all our pets. So I think it's a fair compromise. As for team yellow, I don't know. I was team yellow with my son as he refused to show anyone what he was. My gut said boy, so that was right. But I guess I'd like to know in case it was a boy and would stop buying Erika all the pink toys and go for more gender neutral colours. Although saying that pink is Ossian's favourite colour. As for names I have Logan or Morgan for a boy already from last time. As for girl, no idea. We we're trying to see if any names went with Erika and we decided none do :/

Your boy names actually work for girl names too!!! lol.

So I call it quits in my search for a new family doctor. It just wasn't happening. No one is accepting new patients and the one doctor I found wouldn't be able to see me until the end of november. Looks like I am going to see my current horrible doctor this week. I probably shouldn't have left her a bad rating on rate md before finding a new doctor lol.

is there a "any bad sleepers who temp and are now pregnant?" thread??

...i am in need of it, if so:winkwink::mrgreen:

Yes jump!!!!!!!! I came on here to post to find out about your whereabouts as u hadn't posted in a while! Ahhhh I am so happy for you!

This pretty much IS the bad sleepers who are now pregnant thread. Just one left to go! How's it going fruitee? Still here with u!

So jump, how far gone, when did u take a test, did u KNOW, etc?? Details please!

AFM: had midwife appt this week, lovely to hear LOs heartbeat like a runaway train. Just starting to think of nursery ideas but waiting for 20 week scan before buying anything much.

Massive congrats jump!!!

Yes jump!!!!!!!! I came on here to post to find out about your whereabouts as u hadn't posted in a while! Ahhhh I am so happy for you!

This pretty much IS the bad sleepers who are now pregnant thread. Just one left to go! How's it going fruitee? Still here with u!

So jump, how far gone, when did u take a test, did u KNOW, etc?? Details please!

AFM: had midwife appt this week, lovely to hear LOs heartbeat like a runaway train. Just starting to think of nursery ideas but waiting for 20 week scan before buying anything much.

Massive congrats jump!!!

finally at a computer! i've been up since 12:4am (it's 4:15 now) but my husband also woke up and couldn't sleep, so we just decided to get up. we watched our wedding video, which we just got - it's really good. obviously some things i would have not put in, or wondered why some things didn't make it, but we have all the raw footage, so if i ever get really ambitious...a someday project.:roll:

anyway, we just got back from vacation the states last night and i purposely didn't take any tests with me. then i tested with a couple hour hold before getting in bed at 7:30pm.:haha: a very obvious line at 14dpo.

i was hopeful, but not being able to temp the day before AF was due and being on the plane and everything was annoying because i didn't know if my temp dropped. moving hotels and different sleeping conditions, etc etc.

as for if i "knew," i sometimes sleep with my hands over my head (not on purpose, my husband tries to put them back down because i end up with sore shoulders!:dohh:) and on wednesday morning, my husband said i was sleeping with my hands on my stomach, "like there was a baby in there or something!:winkwink:" and i was exhausted on tuesday, and super emotional/hormonal at the airport on wednesday. though really, all of those things could be due to impending AF. the time change meant that wednesday's (13dpo) temp was actually closer to 14dpo, and when i realized that, along with the fact that AF hadn't shown, i got super hopeful on the train from the airport to our house.

i had little baby converse to "announce" to my husband, but since we were both in an out of the bathroom getting ready for bed it was more of a team effort on the "is it positive?" wondering.:haha: but by 4 minutes it was faint and at 5 minutes it was a definite positive.

sorry to be writing a whole novel...i have so many things to get out of my head!:wacko:

1. there is one hospital on base. my husband works there. all his friends also work there. word travels fast, despite all the privacy laws and blahblahblah.:roll: so, am trying to figure out my options without everyone finding out so early. i love our primary care doc but my husband's good friend is her assistant, and he would ORDER the tests:dohh: so no getting around that if i go to her directly. i COULD try to contact the OB clinic directly and hope they will see me? but i have this feeling the military healthcare system goes strictly on referrals, which i would need from my primary care doc.:dohh: if they don't see you until 8 weeks *anyway* is there any harm in waiting a bit? obviously stop drinking, take my prenatals, etc. now, but wait before making any calls or appointments?

2. my mom is a blabber mouth. even things i SPECIFICALLY ask her not to tell people about, she does.:growlmad: after this vacation, i am feeling more and more alienated from my family in certain ways, and as excited as we are, i also don't want to tell her yet. i don't talk to her about ttc and she's not my "go to" confidant when things come up in life like boys, work, friends, etc. BUT, it'll be the first grandchild for my parents. first great grandchild for my grandma. (her sisters have about 20, so she has practically been begging for SOMEthing for about 5 years now. haha.) my grandma will be absolutely over the moon for us, and while my mom will be too, she'll ALSO tell the whole town/world/facebook (ugh, shoot me.:roll:) i like the idea of waiting until it's "safer" but i also remember my mom being appalled and going on and on about how she couldn't believe that her friend's son and daughter-in-law didn't tell family until they were 14 weeks. (also see point 5)

3. my husband's mom is crazy (his words, not mine) but would keep it a secret until we said it was okay to say anything. he wants to tell his family sooner than i want to tell mine, which i'm okay with, but i worry if the mothers don't find out together that it causes hurt (and by that i mean, my mom:roll: but she's a blabbermouth!!!)

4. i am hating facebook more and more, so doubt we'll do any kind of "official facebook announcement" but do think we have to announce to family and friends at some point.:shrug: christmas cards? seems cliche?

5. we are likely getting together with family at new years, and i'd be 13 weeks (ish?) so we could tell my family in person:thumbup: but it'd be risking my mom being "mad":roll: my grandma won't be there, and i'd love to see her reaction in person...might have to arrange a skype or something for that one. but telling most of my immediate family in person would be doable if we can wait that long.

6. my tentative due date is my dad's birthday (total daddy's girl) and i would love to get him a t-shirt that says "world's best grandpa" or something and give it as a christmas present, but say it's really an early *birthday* present.:blush:

wow, i think WAY too much. i always assumed other people over-analyzed life too, but maybe i'm just completely :wacko:. :shrug:

thanks for reading. any advice or experience/stories of how any of you did things would be MOST appreciated.<3

First of congrats. We knew it would be your time soon. And what better than a July birthday. I always aim for my mum's but they never happened. Son felt like coming two weeks late and daughter felt like she wanted to be on time. Never mind hey. So hopefully s/he be born on his birthday.

I haven't told anyone either side of our families yet, and won't until after the scan. I told my cousin but she's like a sister and can keep secrets, just for moral support really.

Just do it when you feel is right. You don't have to make a big announcement. We just showed everyone Erika's scan picture and told them she was due in March. Just do what you feel comfortable with.

Oh wow jumpingo, I'm soooooo happy for you, I just started crying reading your post!!! How exciting :) :hugs:

Jump, now is really the time to be a little selfish. We didn't tell anyone until 12 weeks and I knew my mum was going to be a bit funny, but there's 2 people who's baby it is and it is 2 people's decision. I really enjoyed the time I had with just me and hubby knowing.

You've just got to do what's right for you. Every single person we've told we've completely banned them from Facebook. We were quite forceful with it, so they knew we'd be really upset if it went on there. So far, so good!

The medical care thing seems awkward. I didn't see anyone until 8 weeks and even that was very basic. First proper appt was 12 weeks.

First of congrats. We knew it would be your time soon. And what better than a July birthday. I always aim for my mum's but they never happened. Son felt like coming two weeks late and daughter felt like she wanted to be on time. Never mind hey. So hopefully s/he be born on his birthday.

I haven't told anyone either side of our families yet, and won't until after the scan. I told my cousin but she's like a sister and can keep secrets, just for moral support really.

Just do it when you feel is right. You don't have to make a big announcement. We just showed everyone Erika's scan picture and told them she was due in March. Just do what you feel comfortable with.

i think my husband would tell people now, but he said he'd do whatever i wanted...so for now we'll wait and just see how things go. oh yay, more waiting! :coffee::roll: :haha:

Oh wow jumpingo, I'm soooooo happy for you, I just started crying reading your post!!! How exciting :) :hugs:

awwwww, thanks fruitee!!:hugs: how are you doing?? fingers crossed that the luck just moves right over to you!!:flower:

Jump, now is really the time to be a little selfish. We didn't tell anyone until 12 weeks and I knew my mum was going to be a bit funny, but there's 2 people who's baby it is and it is 2 people's decision. I really enjoyed the time I had with just me and hubby knowing.

You've just got to do what's right for you. Every single person we've told we've completely banned them from Facebook. We were quite forceful with it, so they knew we'd be really upset if it went on there. So far, so good!

The medical care thing seems awkward. I didn't see anyone until 8 weeks and even that was very basic. First proper appt was 12 weeks.

i'm sure my friends would be fine if we asked them to not say anything on facebook, and my brothers probably too. though i couldn't really tell them and not tell my mom; she'd have a fit!:roll:

so if the first appointment isn't until 8 weeks, i could potentially just wait until 6 or 7 weeks and then call to make the appt? seems like an easy way to keep the rumors at bay:shrug: i'm guessing a lot of people don't know they are pregnant until at LEAST that far along anyway, right??

WOOOT WOOOOT! Congratulations Jumpingo! I'm so happy for you!

As far as telling everyone is concerned, I'd go with your gut. I wasn't planning on telling soon, but my OH spilled the beans and as we tested early, the first people knew even before AF was due. In the end it didn't bother me too much as I wouldn't have been comfortable hiding it either. Just see how you feel about it.

Congrats Jumpingo!!!!!! What amazing news :) :hugs:
Fruitee now you have all of us focused and praying for your bfp soon.

Jumpingo tell people whenever you are ready. There is no rush. No one will be mad. They will be too happy when they hear the good news to care. I didnt tell anyone about my first pregnancy until 13 weeks. Not even my parents.

AFM I finally went to the Doctors yesterday. They did the blood test which I won't know the results for 2 days or so. Can't remember if I've mentioned it but I've had mild spotting since before my bfp and still get it. I am getting an early ultrasound on Friday to see if everything's ok. Normally they don't give the first scan until 12 weeks so I'm glad I'm getting an early one. I will be just over 7 weeks then. I'm hoping to hear a heartbeat. Will keep you guys posted.

Fruitee now you have all of us focused and praying for your bfp soon.

YUP!!! hope things are going well - there's still plenty of time to join me in july!!:winkwink::friends::flower:

AFM I finally went to the Doctors yesterday. They did the blood test which I won't know the results for 2 days or so. Can't remember if I've mentioned it but I've had mild spotting since before my bfp and still get it. I am getting an early ultrasound on Friday to see if everything's ok. Normally they don't give the first scan until 12 weeks so I'm glad I'm getting an early one. I will be just over 7 weeks then. I'm hoping to hear a heartbeat. Will keep you guys posted.

early ultrasound is exciting! i haven't gone to the doctor's yet and they are doing some sort of training (they call it an exercise) this week on base, so i'm guessing the offices are all closed.:roll: of course, as soon as i decided, "well, i guess i will go on monday," my husband reminds me of the exercise, so guess it's more waiting. "hurry up and wait." :coffee:

The waiting won't stop jump!! You're waiting for an appt, then a scan, then to find out gender (if u decide to) etc etc. and then a lot of waiting during labour! Urgh!!

Noodle, glad you are getting an ultrasound. 7 weeks should be late enough to hear/see heartbeat from what I've read. Would depend how accurate your dates are though. I hope the spotting stops soon.

I am waiting (more waiting) impatiently to feel movement. 17 +2 now and it should be anytime now. Heard heartbeat the other day so not worried or anything, just impatient! Bump is still very small so maybe that's a reason I can't feel anything yet.

The waiting won't stop jump!! You're waiting for an appt, then a scan, then to find out gender (if u decide to) etc etc. and then a lot of waiting during labour! Urgh!!

Noodle, glad you are getting an ultrasound. 7 weeks should be late enough to hear/see heartbeat from what I've read. Would depend how accurate your dates are though. I hope the spotting stops soon.

I am waiting (more waiting) impatiently to feel movement. 17 +2 now and it should be anytime now. Heard heartbeat the other day so not worried or anything, just impatient! Bump is still very small so maybe that's a reason I can't feel anything yet.

So exciting. I can't wait till I get to that stage. With a second baby I think I will be able to feel movements sooner. I can't remember when I felt it with my first. But I noticed it while laying on my back for a few min.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->