any bad sleepers who temp?

Jump and others, how are u feeling? Are you feeling pregnant yet?

nope!:roll: except that i'm hungry all the time and in bed by 8:30pm:haha:

Yayyya :happydance: I would :cry:if you all left me!! I'm currently on cd 2 so gearing up for ttc :) aww hope your allergies aren't too bad, thankfully I've never suffered them :hugs:

Hey jumpingo :) been busy decorating :) so ttc kind of went out the window a bit this last month :dohh: back on it this month though :happydance:

Ooh aren't you good running, I don't run!!! Hahaha

oh we won't leave you then!:winkwink: and decorating...??

the running is because before i found out i was pregnant, my husband and i both agreed we need to be much better about working out (and losing the weight we've gained since getting married!:dohh:). he feels better when he runs and has a physical test in may for the military, so after 2 weeks of drinking and eating anything we wanted in the states, we said we'd really do it when we got home. the doc said it was fine and that i'd be glad later on that i did it. it's hard to get out there some days, but it's getting a little easier now, a week into it.:thumbup:

AFM it was my birthday today, so I'm a year older. I didn't do anything as it was OH's birthday yesterday and did all the outings then. Plus he was 30 this year and I'm only 29. We did however have a cake on mine and not his. We didn't do presents either as we're broke from having to buy a car next week. Just really bad timing, although good since everyone gave us money to put towards it.

mummy2o!!!:yipee::flower: happy birthday!!!!:cake:
since getting married, my husband and i hardly do anything for birthdays. a card, maybe?:shrug: ha! when it all comes from the same money, it seems silly to spend too much on each other when things like bills, cars, and groceries need money too!:wacko: hope everything goes as smooth as possible with the car. will be reassuring to have a car before baby comes though right?:thumbup:

it's monday morning here and i just spent, without hardly realizing it, close to 3 hours editing the footage from our wedding! we hired a videographer and then paid for all the raw footage on top of her "highlights" video, but after seeing all the raw footage, there are some really good moments i want in a video, so i'm teaching myself iMovie and making our own!:wacko: but can't wait for it to come together.:smug:

Happy Birthday, mummy! I like birthdays and I always put up some decoration and balloons to celebrate.

Although I am now 12 weeks and symptoms should be getting better, I'm only now starting to get incredibly tired. I could sleep ALL the time. I'm also still burping and really snappy towards my OH, which I feel really bad about, because he really is the sweetest man :) Hopefully I can get myself a bit under control.

We went to visit a daycare center last week and I feel really dubious about it. It looked ok, but it's going to be so hard to leave a 7 week old baby behind. To me, it is way too early. Such a young baby should be with it's mom. It makes me really sad and I hope I can find a new job during my pregnancy where I can start fall next year so I can take some extra weeks maternity leave...

Yes that does sound tough Eline. I hope something figures itself out. I have been thinking about childcare too and it scares me at 9 months, let alone 7 weeks. Sorry you're feeling rough, do u have a scan soon? Congrats on getting to 12 weeks, I felt that seemed to take forever.

Fruitee, it's nice to decorate. Is it all finished now?

I am also feeling a little....emotional shall we say. Having a very emotionally draining time at work and it's playing havoc with my own anxiety :( I think I'm anxious anyway, I find it hard to tell as it usually comes out in other ways.

Good luck jump, I did not enjoy the lying phase. I'm much happier now all is out in the open. Yup, really cold here in the uk too.

I'm finally starting to show a little! Just a couple of weeks now until my 20 week scan. We are looking forward to finding out the gender and starting to plan a little more.

Jump and others, how are u feeling? Are you feeling pregnant yet? Noodle, how is the spotting? Hope it's stopped :)

Sorry it's quarter end at work so I've been super busy working long hours and weekends.

I had my first scan on friday. There was a heartbeat :) It was 118. Is that normal...I was 6w5d then. I was measuring 3 days behind so I am only 7w1d today. The technician didn't say anything more. She says the doctor is supposed to go over the results. Seeing how my doctor hasn't called I am guessing things looked ok. I haven't had any spotting in about 5 days. So I'm hoping it's gone.

Happy belated birthday mummy!!

Noodle, my daughter always measured a week behind on most of her scan. At my 36 week scan she measured at 32 weeks. She was just a small baby so don't worry about that. I'm still envious that you had a scan before me!

Eline, I'm tired all the time also. We're due the same day, so I expect that's normal. I've been snappy at my OH this whole pregnancy so he's come to accept that and generally keeping a low profile. I've not been to gassy either end lately, but I'm guessing since morning sickness is gone and I'm eating more fruits and veg its kicking in, but who knows.

I'm sorry your having a hard time at work ladies. I would help do your jobs in a heartbeat. I hope they sort themselves out soon.

Good on you starting exercise Jumpingo. I gave up. I'm lazy though. It does make a difference. I was more active in DS pregnancy than DD and I really noticed the difference, although I think some of it was age also!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes :hugs:

Very glad u posted noodle, I was starting to worry that you'd had bad news at ur scan. How lovely to hear the heartbeat of your little one.

Mummy, your scan must be soon?

I agree about the exercise jump, well done. I keep thinking I should start, but then I don't know how much to do having not done a lot before! I do try to walk places and I have quite a demanding job so I'm not overweight but my cardio fitness isn't that good. I think I might start swimming, or perhaps an ante natal course...

It is. It's tomorrow. Looking forward to it. It will put all my fears of something is wrong at ease for a while.

As for starting to excise whilst pregnant, my midwife recommends swimming, or even just going for a walk once a day, nothing to stressful. Also no floor work after 1st trimester due to lack of oxygen going to the baby. Which I also wondered as strange as I know some women sleep on their backs their whole pregnancy as that's what they've done before hand.

I've tuned down my gym routine since getting pregnant, but I notice I'm starting to miss it and I'm hoping to build it up again from now on. I don't do anything to hard though: some weight lifting (but with ligh weights, nothing over 10 pounds), some cycling and speed-walking (I should be jogging, but since getting pregnant I honestly can't call it that anymore).

A friend of mine could only sleep on her back during pregnancy because of the large bump and she had three healthy kids. I think if you don't feel bad, it's still ok to lay on your back? But I'm not sure, I sleep on my side and hope to keep that up till the delivery.

Anyone pregnant and still temping?

I am also a terrible sleeper, waking up about 2-3 times a night.
I am still temping to make sure my temperature is still up.

Anyone else still doing this as well or should I just relax and stop?

I wouldn't recommend it jenny. I have taken my temp a few times and it's been erratic. It's only going to worry you if it's down one day. And if it tends to be up and down anyway....

Mummy - how did u get on today? All good news I hope. Thinking of you.

jelly bean, i'm curious what my temp is, but after 5 months of 4:30am alarms, i am also happy to not temp. surely it would drive me more insane and neurotic than i already am!:roll:

mummy2o, how'd it go??!

eline, i'm sure that taking walks or cycling is better than no exercise. pregnant or not, i hate weight lifting, so i always try to avoid that, if at all possible.:haha: i felt too sick to run yesterday, so am hoping to get in 2 miles today. we'll see yet.

noodle,
when are you due? our due dates must only be a week or so apart!:flower: based on my last AF, i'm july 9th.

and! OB finally called and scheduled my first appointment. back when i confirmed the pregnancy with a blood test, my family doc said the first appointment would be at 12 weeks and i was so impatient and almost annoyed, and then OB finally calls and says, "we like people to come in around 8 weeks," so basically i wish all the clinics at the hospital would get on the same freakin' page because one will tell me one thing and then it's totally different. lack of information is my number one complaint right now. and i took down notes to make sure that i don't become my normal pushover self and don't ask anything or express my frustrations once i'm actually in the appointment. they didn't have any openings when i'll be 8 weeks, so am actually getting in earlier at 7+1. trying not to get my hopes up about a scan or anything, but also that would be really nice and maybe reassuring since i'm just a worrywart.:dohh: hopefully my husband can switch lunches with his partner and can make it. i just would feel better with him there, regardless of whether there's a scan or not. plus, his office is 2 doors down from the OB clinic.:thumbup:

Jenny: I would second stop temping. I did so for a couple of weeks then stopped, but continued to test. So that didn't really help either. But I think I fully stopped everything around the 7/8 week mark.

Jumpingo: yay for an appointment. Hopefully your DH can make it. Its a great support first time round. I remember DS dad being a complete arse and not coming, despite working at the same hospital as the scan. Then I was told that he had a club foot and that he possible might have down syndrome. Thank god my mother was there or I might of lost it altogether! For some odd reason we only had 1 scan in my area 7 years ago, but then I wasn't on here to worry about miscarriage and other pregnancy problems.

I haven't had my scan yet. Its today at 10.50, so a few hours away. Hopefully have a nice scan picture for you guys later. As for my other baby she has a runny eye, but then so do I :( I'm not worried about myself, but my poor baby. She didn't want to open her eyes yesterday morning. I'm hoping it will be better this morning otherwise trip to the doctors later. Which is easier said than done as our surgery has a stupid system.

Jenny: I stopped temping after my ovulation was confirmed because the temps would drive me crazy so I'm not sure what info you could get from your temps after you get your BFP.

Jumpingo: My gp also told me to book a scan at 12 weeks, but when I called my OB she also said they did scans from 8 weeks so I immediately booked a scan for 8 weeks. Waiting 2 monts for your first scan is waaay too long!

thanks eline!
apparently today my husband asked one of the women who works in OB and she told him they don't do early scans unless you have a history of miscarriages or some condition that requires closer monitoring. since this is my first pregnancy with no medical or miscarriage history, the first appt will definitely just be medical history intake and a chance to ask any questions i have. oh well, at least it's SOMEthing. but hopefully i can get my 12 week scan a week early since i'll be 12 weeks on dec. 25th. wishful thinking right? :roll:

I was going to the gym before I was pregnant so I will continue while pregnant. I did with my first pregnancy too. I only go twice a week to lift weights. Haha I don't do cardio. I probably looked funny at the gym around 8 months doing squats.

Mummy waiting to see your scan pic :) :)

JennyBean I stopped temping after about 5 weeks. The only reason I went past my bfp is because I was having spotting and wanted to see if AF would show up.

Jumpingo my due date was supposed to be june 25th but now it might be moved to June 28th since I was measuring 3 days behind. I have to wait to see what my doctor says next time I see her. So ya you are only a week and a half after me :) And that's awesome news you got an earlier appointment. My 6w5d scan wasn't anything special. I didn't mind waiting to 12 weeks for my first scan last pregnancy. You see so much more. This time I wanted it because of the spotting.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

With every passing day I get a little more excited :)

Hopefully the worries will completely leave in a few weeks!

Maybe we could update the front page with some due dates at some point. Only because I keep forgetting and feel rude having to ask over and over! Having said that, it still seems forever away, and I think I'm first aren't i?!

i was actually thinking that the other day and yes, i think you're first!:thumbup:

Scan pictures are to follow, due to technical issues. My due date is 20th but measuring 3 days behind, which adds up to my LP slightly late, which is also fine. My 20 week scan will be at 21 weeks as they aren't scanning on New Years day, which isn't a surprise really so it will be the 8th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->