Any BF mum's in the 2ww?

Doggylover acupuncture is so relaxing hopefully you can get booked in soon. Yes my practitioner said the same, well, one a week for 5 weeks then every 2 then once a month. I am just so hoping the b6 will do something for my l.p. this cycle. But I have always had low progesterone so am not hopeful. How does progesterone cream interfere with bf? I was kind of hoping the gp might prescribe progesterone supposetories (spelling?!?!) If it gets to that point.

Well I don’t know for certain but I believe that progesterone is lowered when breastfeeding, as part of reduced natural fertility. And therefore if progesterone increases, as it would do naturally in pregnancy, that it could cause a dip in supply, or a loss of supply, as often happens during pregnancy.

Like I say I don’t know for sure that’s just what Ive thought of with my (admittedly limited!) knowledge of everything.

Ah yes. I suppose I'm not too worried about my supply now he's almost 2. Plus I've always had oversupply so the drop from taking vitex and b6 has been very welcome! (Saving a fortune on breastpads!)

When are you due to o this cycle?

Not until the start of December, if the last two cycles are anything to go by, so a while yet - although that said could be shorter, it’s an unknown entity here!

What about you?

I stopped using breastpads about 6 months ago because I was fed up (I use washable ones though, you should check them out for next baby! So much more comfy than disposable ones!) and I’ve actually noticed recently I’m not leaking anywhere near as much which is good because I used to be like a tap lol!!!

Hi Ladies

I'm sorry I only drop in now and then, had a ruff couple of weeks and had internet problems on top of that.....

I wanted to share with you that I did some research on Organic Maca powder, it is used in Peru to balance hormones (especially estrogen and progesterone) and specifically used for fertility. I used it last month but didn't really know much about it. I think I will increase the amount I put in the smoothies and also continue to take my B 50mg complex, I suppose Rome wasn't built in a day and I need to give it more time. If my LP doesn't increase by January I will go to my gyne...... although when I mentioned to him previously I only had a 10/11 LP he said all woman have 14 day LP's, so I'm not so sure if he is going to be any help, unless I prove to him with many ultrasounds throughout my cycle so he can see for himself.....

When are you both expecting O. I should O around Tuesday/Wednesday. Trying not to think about it too much this cycle. ha ha haaaa

Hope you have a lovely weekend.:flower:

Doggylover ahh so your cycles have been long then? Yes I did actually use the boots washable ones which were lovely! But I was constantly leaking through them and having to change them during the day. Can you recommended a good brand?

Oh sorry to hear you're having a tough time Chantal I hope things improve for you whatever it may be 😘

Yes I've heard great things about maca. I have also read that many women's l.p. does just increase naturally but can take a few months. I'm just so impatient!

I’m impatient too! That’s the thing with ttc - you are ready to be pregnant NOW and don’t want to have to wait! It sucks!

I used Little Lamb pads, but would have had to change them sometimes during the day too this time, although never with my daughter. Maybe ones with a PUL back on them would work better for you? And yes, always have had really long cycles with no regularity at all. One could be 35 days, the next 65. My longest ever was 70. That was a bit worrying and I actually went to have blood tests done but the day the dr phoned me to tell me nothing was showing up my period started lol!

Chantal sorry it’s been rough. Your dr sounds a bit clueless - not all women have a 14day LP at all! Even my bloody phone app knows that!

I don’t expect to O until the start of December. I’m excited for you to have another shot this week! Get on it!

Well I don’t know for certain but I believe that progesterone is lowered when breastfeeding, as part of reduced natural fertility. And therefore if progesterone increases, as it would do naturally in pregnancy, that it could cause a dip in supply, or a loss of supply, as often happens during pregnancy.

Like I say I don’t know for sure that’s just what Ive thought of with my (admittedly limited!) knowledge of everything.

Sorry for jumping in but this has me curious. I haven't BF my DS in about a month but we dtd close to ovulation and the past couple days out of the blue my boobs started leaking again. It wasn't a ton and it was more clear than milky. I thought maybe it was possible I was pregnant, especially since I've been having sore BBs since about 4 days after we DTD, but after reading this, maybe not.

Sorry for jumping in but this has me curious. I haven't BF my DS in about a month but we dtd close to ovulation and the past couple days out of the blue my boobs started leaking again. It wasn't a ton and it was more clear than milky. I thought maybe it was possible I was pregnant, especially since I've been having sore BBs since about 4 days after we DTD, but after reading this, maybe not.

You absolutely could be! It’s 100% possible to get pregnant while breastfeeding (I did!!) so don’t count yourself out yet!

Doggylover mine used to be the same. Very long and irregular. I believeit was due to my endo. Since having ds they have regulated a lot and i dont know for sure but think it has something to do with the vitex.

Had a flashing smiley on my cb digi this morning and acupuncture yesterday to stimulate o so all systems go!!! Lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->