Any big momma's out there?

and could all the UK girls please sign the petition in my sig, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssseeeeeeeeeee xx

(id ask you ladies from over the pond but you have to be a UK resident to sign :()

I've just signed it x

Bathbabe any signs of AF arriving yet? Are you stressed at all or anything which might delay it?

I went for ultrasound yesterday to see if they could find anything to explain my irregular periods get the results Wednesday

Bathbabe any signs of AF arriving yet? Are you stressed at all or anything which might delay it?

I went for ultrasound yesterday to see if they could find anything to explain my irregular periods get the results Wednesday

Nope, nothing :dohh: no more stressed than usual :shrug: x

Apart from not being able to get the lid off the medicine bottle :haha:

on my 2 week wait :O ovulated and dtd yesterday, really hoping it's easier this time 'round!

Can I join yous?

I'm a bigger girl, and slightly worried.
I've always been classed as obese for a while now, but before I fell pregnant, I wasn't bothered by my weight, it didn't stop me doing what I wanted and as my mam says, I was 'fat an happy'

Anyways, when I fell pregnant, my BMI was 36(@8weeks), so that added with the fact I have suffered depression in the past I was put as Medium risk and have to see a consultant as well as my midwife.

I went to see my midwife who weighed me and everything, and I'd put a few pounds which pushed my BMI to 37 - 104KG(@28+2weeks)
Now when I went to see my consultant she weighed me again and I had gone upto 109.9kG which is a BMI or 39(@29+6)

So basically she is saying I have put on 1 whole stone in 10 days which is worrying, now I eat ALL the time, I can't exercise because I have Severe SPD and I have to use crutches, so she said this could explain the weight gain (but really, all that in 10 days) She said for the next 5 weeks I have to eat healthy, and cut out all the crap and the fizzy pop and stuff (which I am finding so hard, today i've had a burger and a cornetto :/ on top of the other stuff (apples, fruit juice etc) ) And when I go back in 5 weeks I have to have a growth scan as she is worried my son will be too big :/
My fundal hight was measuring at 31.

I'm really worried that he is going to be massive!!

Has anyone else been in this situation?

PS
Sorry if I have babbled on :/
:flow:

Bathbabe - Signed petition and hope you get some answers about AF, I had a whole month of waiting for AF.. was sure it was my BFP. Never understood why it didn't come sooner :(

Welcome Bumphenders - I haven't got much advice but my BMI is higher than yours and my LO is measuring a little tall but sonographer said it's completely normal. I've been a bit rubbish with my healthy eating plan for pregnancy too, it's just so much harder when PG! Try not to stress too much. xo

:hi: bumphenders my bmi was 37 when first pregnant and gained 2 1/2 stone whilst pregnant my growth scan showed Lo was fine and was born 13 days overdue at 8lb 13 1/2oz . As lollipopbop says try not to worry, do you plan your weekly meals that may help to eat healthier for a couple if weeks if you are worried.

Welcome Bumphenders - I haven't got much advice but my BMI is higher than yours and my LO is measuring a little tall but sonographer said it's completely normal. I've been a bit rubbish with my healthy eating plan for pregnancy too, it's just so much harder when PG! Try not to stress too much. xo

:hi: bumphenders my bmi was 37 when first pregnant and gained 2 1/2 stone whilst pregnant my growth scan showed Lo was fine and was born 13 days overdue at 8lb 13 1/2oz . As lollipopbop says try not to worry, do you plan your weekly meals that may help to eat healthier for a couple if weeks if you are worried.

Thank you :) My consultant is concerned because I have basically put on a stone in 10 days :blush: And she wants me to eat differently for 5 weeks and when I see her again, see what happens, I don't think she is too concerned about LO, more about my weight. I feel terrible :/
I have to eat like i'm diabetic, cut out sugars as that'll make it easier for me to eat healthier, as I binged on sweets, chocolate, fizzy pop, I think the pop was the major downfall.

So now I just have to see what happens.

And I don't plan them weekly, i'm a very picky eater anyways, and will only eat something (mealwise) if I really fancy it.

I guess I'm just going to have to not eat bad for the next 5 weeks :|

WELCOME Bumphenders! x:hugs:
Try not to worry too much, they are keeping a close eye on you and as long as you try your best, thats all they can ask of you! x x x
Keep us all updated on what they say x x x

WELCOME Bumphenders! x:hugs:
Try not to worry too much, they are keeping a close eye on you and as long as you try your best, thats all they can ask of you! x x x
Keep us all updated on what they say x x x

:hugs: Thank You!

I see my midwife on the 13th (I think) So i'm going to have a chat with her and see what she says about it all.
I will keep yous all updated :)

Hi Bumphenders - welcome to the sturdy birds club!!

My bmi was 44 when I got pregnant but I had the problem that I was sick almost every day of my pregnancy and had a severely reduced appetite - some days I didn't eat anything because I couldn't face eating. I was under consultant care and when I first saw him at 16wks he automatically booked me in for a growth scan at 32wks just to see how things were going. She was actually measuring small which he was a bit concerned about so got me to back for another 2 weeks later - and she had a massive growth spurt which I was very relieved about!

I had to have a GTT which luckily came back fine - have you been tested for gestational diabetes hun?

Hi Bumphenders - welcome to the sturdy birds club!!

My bmi was 44 when I got pregnant but I had the problem that I was sick almost every day of my pregnancy and had a severely reduced appetite - some days I didn't eat anything because I couldn't face eating. I was under consultant care and when I first saw him at 16wks he automatically booked me in for a growth scan at 32wks just to see how things were going. She was actually measuring small which he was a bit concerned about so got me to back for another 2 weeks later - and she had a massive growth spurt which I was very relieved about!

I had to have a GTT which luckily came back fine - have you been tested for gestational diabetes hun?

Thank you :)
I've never been small, my BMI was 36 when i fell pregnant, I've always had a big appetite but its never been an issue, 'fat and happy' as my mam says :haha:
See asked me if I wanted to see a dietitian, but I know how to eat healthy, I just struggle to do so.

What is a GTT?
And no I haven't :nope:

GTT is a glucose tolerance test, to check for gestational diabetes. I'm surprised your consultant hasn't sent you for one if they think your baby might be on the big side because it can be an effect of GD!

I've always been big and had a good appetite too - it was surreal not being able to eat in my pregnancy! Thing is I love healthy food but I love naughty stuff too and the naughty stuff is usually much quicker and easier to prepare than the healthy lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->