Any big momma's out there?

GTT is a glucose tolerance test, to check for gestational diabetes. I'm surprised your consultant hasn't sent you for one if they think your baby might be on the big side because it can be an effect of GD!

I've always been big and had a good appetite too - it was surreal not being able to eat in my pregnancy! Thing is I love healthy food but I love naughty stuff too and the naughty stuff is usually much quicker and easier to prepare than the healthy lol.

:nope: she didn't even mention it, just told me I have to eat healthy/like i'm diabetic for the next 5 weeks and then see what my weight is like and see what happens at my scan.
This whole healthy eating thing isn't going too well though, I seriously just want to eat all the time.
It keeps the heartburn away, I know I eat out of boredom as well which isn't a good thing. *sigh*

I just want my baby here and for me to not have to be so cautious and to not be worrying so much.

I'm going to speak to my Midwife on Monday and see what she says about it all.

:flow:

I've got mine next week, not dreading the actual test too much even though I HATE having my blood taken. I just hope I haven't got GD!

Hi ladies, just thought i'd update. Im getting induced tomorrow at 11.30, 12 days over due. Will keep you posted :)

Good luck and enjoy it! Hope everything goes smoothly and you get your perfect birth. x

Good luck Claire! So exciting. Hope it all goes well and post some pictures when you can. Yay! xoxo

Hey ladies, can any of you suggest a good baby carrier that's comfortable for plus size? I'm worried about one not fitting! xoxo

Hey ladies, can any of you suggest a good baby carrier that's comfortable for plus size? I'm worried about one not fitting! xoxo

My uncle and Auntie got me a sling type one, when I go upstairs I'll have a look at it and try and find a link for it.

I've tried it on with my younger sisters reborn doll (Which has some weight in it) and its quite comfortable.

Not sure if i'll use it or not, but Its nice..

Also, when I was with my friend when I first found out i was pregnant and she'd just had her son, I was carrying him in a front baby carrier and it was horrible, I hated it, he looked so uncomfortable because of my size and my boobs, She said he looked fine but I wasn't convinced :')

When my Lo was first born I was size 26/28 uk. For newborn I used a basic Mothercare carrier but wish I'd bought something like the moby wrap. Once JJ was 3 months and able to hold up his own head I bought a rose and rebellion with belt extension (- and still use it now at 16months). It is so comfortable JJ could look around if wanted to but also fell asleep if tired, was great when pushchair wasn't practical or when I tried to get fit and go for walks each day. I would highly recommend the rose and rebellion, thinking of buying the preschool one next . Btw JJ weighs 28lbs and is still comfy.

Still waiting for my ultrasound results as hospital haven't sent them to my doctor .

Was in a motorway accident Tuesday and really nervous about going back to work tomorrow feel sick to the pit of my stomach. Work colleague is picking me up, just panicking about panicking !

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Hi ladies, hope you dont mind me joining you. My name is Natasha. Im a plus size mum (uk size 26) I had my first baby in August, I had a great pregnancy but had to listen to all the lectures about how my weight was so dangerous for me and baby. I want to try again in a few months for baby number 2 but Im feelin anxious about it as I literally feel I cant take another 9 months of being told off :( Found this forum and it looks like your a great support to eachother. Hoping I could gets some help and offer any help I can to others xx

Hi ladies, hope you dont mind me joining you. My name is Natasha. Im a plus size mum (uk size 26) I had my first baby in August, I had a great pregnancy but had to listen to all the lectures about how my weight was so dangerous for me and baby. I want to try again in a few months for baby number 2 but Im feelin anxious about it as I literally feel I cant take another 9 months of being told off :( Found this forum and it looks like your a great support to eachother. Hoping I could gets some help and offer any help I can to others xx

Hey Natasha :) :flower:
I'm Jodie and I'm 31+2 with my first and a pre preg size 18(UK)
I have been lectured about my weight/weight gain through-out my pregnancy.
I have to have a growth scan in 3 and a half weeks.

I'm sure me and the girls will be more then happy to help you when we can and the ladies in here are fantastic for support :flow:

Congratulations Jodie and thank you for the warm welcome :D Oh you are due on my birthday!
Being pregnant should be such an exciting time but there always those who want to put a downer on it. It seems you arent allowed to be fat and pregnant. If I do get pregnant again Im going to stick up for myself alot more than the first time x

Congratulations Jodie and thank you for the warm welcome :D Oh you are due on my birthday!
Being pregnant should be such an exciting time but there always those who want to put a downer on it. It seems you arent allowed to be fat and pregnant. If I do get pregnant again Im going to stick up for myself alot more than the first time x

Thank You! & You're welcome :D
Ahh really? My birthday is April 11th when I'll be turning 21 :)

Its been nothing be pain and heartache and stress for me tbh!
I just wish he was here!

However if when I have my growth scan he is measuring too big, then my consultant said there is a slight chance she will induce me!

Big 21! I hope you get spoilt. I'll be 23. My 21st feels like 5 mins ago :s

Im sorry youve had a bad time :( It would be great if they could induce you. Fingers crossed. I was induced at 36 weeks and bethany was 7lbs 4oz so hopefully your little man is a good size. x

Big 21! I hope you get spoilt. I'll be 23. My 21st feels like 5 mins ago :s

Im sorry youve had a bad time :( It would be great if they could induce you. Fingers crossed. I was induced at 36 weeks and bethany was 7lbs 4oz so hopefully your little man is a good size. x

I don't know if i'll be in the mood to even do anything :haha:
I'll either have a newborn, or be extremely heavily pregnant!!

I know it sounds bad, but I kind of hope my consultant agrees to it, even if LO is on track, i'm in so much pain with my SPD :cry:

What were your reasons for being induced if you don't mind me asking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"