Any big momma's out there?

I knwo what you mean, I didnt want to even go out the front door for weeks after having Bethany. Just wanted to lock myself away with my baby and the OH. I only started to feel like I was getting back to my 'normal' self before xmas.

Awk hun, that sounds awful :( I really hope they do induce you then.

Thats no problem, ask me anything lol. I was on the borderline of getting pre-eclampsia. They admitted me due to high blood pressure (my mortgage had just fell through so I know it was because of that) my blood pressure went down again. But due to protein in the urine they decided to induce me. They started inducing me on the sunday night, I wasnt dialated enough to be started on the hormone drip until the wednesday. So 8am they started it however bubs didnt want to move and her hb started dipping so I ended up going down for a section at 7pm x

I knwo what you mean, I didnt want to even go out the front door for weeks after having Bethany. Just wanted to lock myself away with my baby and the OH. I only started to feel like I was getting back to my 'normal' self before xmas.

Awk hun, that sounds awful :( I really hope they do induce you then.

Thats no problem, ask me anything lol. I was on the borderline of getting pre-eclampsia. They admitted me due to high blood pressure (my mortgage had just fell through so I know it was because of that) my blood pressure went down again. But due to protein in the urine they decided to induce me. They started inducing me on the sunday night, I wasnt dialated enough to be started on the hormone drip until the wednesday. So 8am they started it however bubs didnt want to move and her hb started dipping so I ended up going down for a section at 7pm x

I feel like I'm going to be like that, but I don't want to be. I feel like I'm slowly falling into a rut, I am absolutely Terrified of labour, and I mean so scared.

I'm scared something'll go wrong, and I know a lot of people worry about it, but my consultant said because of my size etc.
Also if Elliot is a big baby, there is a little chance he could get his shoulder stuck, and with me having SPD, Its going to be even more painful.

I'm really just not looking forward to my labour.
Imagine his size if I go over.
I seriously am so scared :/

:flow:

I know that no matter what anyone says to you, you'll still be scared but if its any help I was terrified! I couldnt sleep from about 30 weeks, I was having nightmares, panic attacks and everything. Its strange, like an outer body experiance. Because I was being induced I had time to think about what was coming but your mind just goes into a different zone, you dont think of the pain or risks etc. You just think OMG I'M GOING TO MEET MY BABY!!! Ill be honest I had a terrible labour by anyones standards BUT I didnt realise how bad a labour I had until after. You just dont think about it at the time.
It was no-where near as bad as I had worked it up to be.
I had started having mild contractions on the sunday night, then the serious contractions as soon as the drip went up at 8am . I did nothing but gas and air until I got the epidural at 6pm! I was able to manage without it, I only got it because I was getting so tired.
Loads of big women have babys without any hassle and the drs arent always right about how big they are. Im 23st and I had a section without an issues and no problems afterwards. Next time Im just asking for a section from the off.
Sorry for the long post x

I should add the epidural failed and I was ok with that as I still managed to carry on without even thinking about it x

I know that no matter what anyone says to you, you'll still be scared but if its any help I was terrified! I couldnt sleep from about 30 weeks, I was having nightmares, panic attacks and everything. Its strange, like an outer body experiance. Because I was being induced I had time to think about what was coming but your mind just goes into a different zone, you dont think of the pain or risks etc. You just think OMG I'M GOING TO MEET MY BABY!!! Ill be honest I had a terrible labour by anyones standards BUT I didnt realise how bad a labour I had until after. You just dont think about it at the time.
It was no-where near as bad as I had worked it up to be.
I had started having mild contractions on the sunday night, then the serious contractions as soon as the drip went up at 8am . I did nothing but gas and air until I got the epidural at 6pm! I was able to manage without it, I only got it because I was getting so tired.
Loads of big women have babys without any hassle and the drs arent always right about how big they are. Im 23st and I had a section without an issues and no problems afterwards. Next time Im just asking for a section from the off.
Sorry for the long post x

I should add the epidural failed and I was ok with that as I still managed to carry on without even thinking about it x

This is what i'm getting like.
I've been physically sick with worry...It concerns me.
I don't like hospitals, I can't tolerate pain, I'm a massive big baby.
I always said the one thing putting me off having children was the labour and the risks.
I know its not a good topic, but its one of my main concerns.

When I mention it to my midwife I get told its totally normal to feel this way etc.

oh man, I just want him to be here, both of us safe.

It was the consultant that told me if he is big there is a chance he might get stuck... :/

I guess the consultant has to let you know that but my consultant also estimated my baby was nearly 9lbs the scan I had the week before I had her. She said the baby was so big due to my weight. I was having nightmares about getting to term and having this HUGE baby and then as I say she was only 7,4. Shes still a very petite baby. Shes 25 weeks and 15lbs.
Plus no matter how bad you labour is you forget as soon as the baby is in your arms. The whole way through my labour I was thinking 'Im happy with one baby after this, never again.' After holding her for about 30 seconds I knew I wanted more. I'd do it 100x over. Personally I prefer the pain of labour to the pain of a tattoo! If you think of tattoos (if you have one) or the pain you have from toothaches, its a really irritating pain. Labour isnt like that. Its pain with a reason and an amazing outcome and believe me it makes it so bearable x

I guess the consultant has to let you know that but my consultant also estimated my baby was nearly 9lbs the scan I had the week before I had her. She said the baby was so big due to my weight. I was having nightmares about getting to term and having this HUGE baby and then as I say she was only 7,4. Shes still a very petite baby. Shes 25 weeks and 15lbs.
Plus no matter how bad you labour is you forget as soon as the baby is in your arms. The whole way through my labour I was thinking 'Im happy with one baby after this, never again.' After holding her for about 30 seconds I knew I wanted more. I'd do it 100x over. Personally I prefer the pain of labour to the pain of a tattoo! If you think of tattoos (if you have one) or the pain you have from toothaches, its a really irritating pain. Labour isnt like that. Its pain with a reason and an amazing outcome and believe me it makes it so bearable x

She wasn't even letting me know all the facts and stuff, she just blurted that out just as i was leaving :/

I'm going to speak to my midwife tomorrow and see what she thinks!

Thats so unprofessional. I dont think they realise how worrying it is. Im off to bed but if you dont mind let me know what you midwife says tomorrow. Hopefully she will give you a bit of reassurance.

Night night and good luck for tomorrow x

Thats so unprofessional. I dont think they realise how worrying it is. Im off to bed but if you dont mind let me know what you midwife says tomorrow. Hopefully she will give you a bit of reassurance.

Night night and good luck for tomorrow x

I know, for the past 2 weeks all ive done is worry even more.

Yeah I'll let you know :)
Thanks for the advice.
Na'night x :flow:

Thanks for the advice on baby carriers, will look in to them!

Welcome Natasha! Sorry to hear you've had so much negativity, don't let it put you off as you have a healthy baby girl so it all worked out! I've been quite lucky and the midwives and doctors haven't said anything too negative about my weight, just mentioned the extra scans cos of raised bmi.

Bumphenders - Our LO is measuring bigger too and hope they will induce me if he gets too big when the time comes. You'll be fine xoxo

Hi ladies, quick update from me. Team yellow turnes team pink! Baby Darcey arrived 2.40 fri 10th feb weighing 6lb 10oz. We're all doing well. She is amazing! Induction was an experiance but pleased my baby girl is here. 2 weeks late xxx

Congratulations on your little girl!! Lovely size. Love the name, that was our name if we were on team pink too!! Can't wait to see pictures x

Aww!

Congratulations!

Hope you are both doing well. Can't wait to see pics

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for a while, not been online much recently due to some awful migraines.

Claire - congratulations love! Can't wait to hear your birth story and see some pictures, glad you are both wellxx

Belfastbird - welcome to the club!

As for me, I've not been feeling well lately, horrible cough and cold as well as the migraines. I was slightly anaemic in the second half of my pregnancy and just after and when I had a blood test a few months ago my blood count was still a bit low so I've had another one last week to check on things - just waiting for the results. Hopefully might explain why I've been so exhausted lately!

And Fran is just amazing me every single day! She now walks quite confidently around the house - still doesn't understand how to pick her feet up over things and trips up but she's doing so well. She can stand up in the middle of the floor without anything to lean on and and has started bending over to pick things up.

She's a right little tinker though, anything she can climb up she will (like mother, like daughter so my mum tells me hahahaha) and she has such a cheeky personality. I love her so much and I'm really enjoying this stage in her development, it's such fun even though it's hard work lol!

Congratulations Claire!

Anna - Im amazed at some of the stuff Harrison gets upto now, I think for the first time im realising hes a little person and one day he will be a grown up.

Harrison is on his 3rd set of antibiotics in 4months for his 3rd chest infection :cry:
Hes also got to go back to the Dr's in a few weeks for some tests coz he keeps getting blue lips even when its warm (like sat infront of the fire) hes always been like this tho, he always had blue feet as a baby.
I got him weighed today too, hes 20lbs 12oz :rofl: at 21months :haha: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->