Any big momma's out there?

Congratulations Claire!

Anna - Im amazed at some of the stuff Harrison gets upto now, I think for the first time im realising hes a little person and one day he will be a grown up.

Harrison is on his 3rd set of antibiotics in 4months for his 3rd chest infection :cry:
Hes also got to go back to the Dr's in a few weeks for some tests coz he keeps getting blue lips even when its warm (like sat infront of the fire) hes always been like this tho, he always had blue feet as a baby.
I got him weighed today too, hes 20lbs 12oz :rofl: at 21months :haha: xx

Aw no that really sucks hun! I hate it when they're poorly. Fran's been a bit off today, much more clingy than usual. She's got a molar coming through though which is giving her some grief poor thing. She was 25lbs 2oz almost 4 weeks ago - she's gone a bit chubby again, even has love handles, a buddah belly and little boobies :haha:

Hope Harrison gets better soon :hugs:

Hi ladies, sorry for the delay. Im pleased to hear everyone is doing well. I have been catching up here and there.

Darcey and I are doing really well, I just love her and being a mum so much. It really is worth the wait...and labour!

As most of you know, I was induced last wednesday and had her on friday.I had been contracting since the monday, so was in slow labour for 5days!!!

I had my waters broken and drip put in to induce labour,on the thursday. I coped for a while but ended up with a epidural as I wasnt progressing and fighting pain as the epi had stopped working. I kept telling them it wasnt working but they just ignored me and said that it hadnt and was working! I nearly ended up with c section as darceys heart rate was dropping with contractions and I had stopped dialating.
I was in sooo much pain, they had the drip up as high as it would go and they still didnt listen to me that I could feel everything, after I really started to lose it they finally realised that the epidural had come out and was running down my back! The consultant was awful and just shrugged and "oh, sorry!"

They finally gave me another epidural and monitored me and the baby. When I was finally examined 2hrs later, i was ready to push and she was delivered in 10mins. The cord snapped as she was born and everyone was covered in blood. I had a large loss and im on injections to help me and Darcey was kept an eye on due to fluid and mucas on lungs. Over all it wasn't too bad but felt as though I should have been induced earlier as I was so exhausted by the time actual active labour began, but they openly said they didnt break my waters till the thursday because they were too busy!
It amazing how you put it all behind you.

Darcey wouldnt be put down for the first couple of days, but now settles fairly well just after midnight and feeds every 3hrs or so. Im breast and bottle feeding. I love it!!!!

Sorry for the long post. Hope you're well xx

glad everythig worked out ok! :) why did the cord snap? xxxxxx

I'd had a problem with my placenta, it wasnt working 100 percent. So think there was a weakness there already? she said it had never happened before, very random x

Thanks for sharing your story Claire, glad it all worked out in the end xxx

hey ladies sorry to jump in but only just found the thread.

I'm 21 i had my first baby in june 2010 which left me as a size 18 (uk). We are trying for baby number 2 now but was hoping to lose some weight before i conceive. I don't think i could put up with the lectures of being overweight. I'm 15st 5 and im only 5ft 2in.

I'm going to my doctor's tomorrow to see about losing some weight and i'm going to ask him about a losing some if i was to fall pregnant.

But wanted to say a hello to all you lovely ladies and congrats and good luck to those lucky women :)

Hey love welcome to the group! I started this thread when I got pregnant and I can honestly say that 99% of the ladies who have posted on here had very positive stories and their care providers didn't mention their weight - mine included apart from the normal being referred to a consultant and having a gtt.

And if anyone had said anything to me I would have put them in their place - they can inform me of the dangers but not lecture me.

Good luck with your weight loss though hun, I lost 3.5 stones during my pregnancy and have put 4 stone back on since so have joined a gym to try and get it all off again!

I know this is a happy thread but my sister had a miscarriage at 10 weeks starting Tuesday. The paramedic thinks she passed the fetus last night, I was with her, literally in the loo. I've never seen her like it. Understandably she was hysterical. I know there was nothing I could do or say to make her feel any better. She's got a scan Friday morning to check that everything has come away. I just keep seeing her poor little face in my head, it was horrible. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sorry to bum you all out, just needed to write it down.

Awww Bther :hugs:

On a different note, I cannot find my damned pregnancy test anywhere and I'm supposed to test in the morning arggghhh.
Oh and I don't think I should be here anymore, I reached my weight goal :)

Thank you very much. Well i went to my weight nurse and he is happy for me to lose weight once i conceive just watch what i eat and make sure i eat what i need.

I want to lose roughly 2lbs a week which i'm hoping will be a start and hopefully be something that helps in the long run. It might take me a year or so to get where i want to be.

But if i don't concieve before then it be better for me, and if i do then just more determination to lose it after baby is born.

bther - please don't apologise. This thread is here for anyone who wants support for whatever reason. I'm sorry about your sister love, I can't imagine how she must be feeling. She's lucky to have such a supportive sister though :hugs:

Awww Bther :hugs:

On a different note, I cannot find my damned pregnancy test anywhere and I'm supposed to test in the morning arggghhh.
Oh and I don't think I should be here anymore, I reached my weight goal :)

Oooh good luck love, please let us know how you get on.

And congratulations for reaching your goal! Please don't feel like you have to disappear now though, we will always be here to support you xxx

I know this is a happy thread but my sister had a miscarriage at 10 weeks starting Tuesday. The paramedic thinks she passed the fetus last night, I was with her, literally in the loo. I've never seen her like it. Understandably she was hysterical. I know there was nothing I could do or say to make her feel any better. She's got a scan Friday morning to check that everything has come away. I just keep seeing her poor little face in my head, it was horrible. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sorry to bum you all out, just needed to write it down.

:hugs:

Thanks girls. Knew you'd be able to offer some support. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"