Any big momma's out there?

Hey ladies,

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day! I know I am! Ive been feeling my little munchkin moving around all day.... way more then I usually do! <3 Its making me happy! lol

I mentioned it before, but I just wanted to recommend this website to all of you. https://plus-size-pregnancy.org/ I have found so much useful info on this site. Also, I HIGHLY recommend the site owners blog https://www.wellroundedmama.blogspot.com/

I check the blog often for new, interesting info... and I have personally asked a few questions on there and received VERY useful answers. Its def worth a look!!

:happydance:

Well I have my consultant appointment at 9.20am so let's see how I get treated there - and god help them if they speak to me in a way I don't like lol!

Steph - I hope you have a positive experience. If you have health issues that prevent you losing weight easily then they have to take that into consideration - and shame on them if they give you any grief about it!

Thewrightsway - I have been feeling little flutterings for a few days now and hubby felt it briefly the other night - it's so amazing isn't it???

Well I will be back later to update on what happens - hope you all have a good day!!!!

How did it go?

Had my 20 week scan today, got to have a repeat next week.

My size dident affect my scan but baby dident want to play, was in a funny position and dient want to move

Hey ladies, im just stalking this thread hope u dont mind, hopefully i will join this thread soon :winkwink: i was wondering if u ladies could put up ur bump pics on this thread, it would be nice to see that plus size can have a baby bump too
& have a pregnancy glow too & is normal iykwim :flower:

thank you for an amazing thread, i cant wait to be a big preggo mama :thumbup:

Was thinking of starting a sister thread to this if thats ok - Big Mommas TTC? Also thought I would post these to encourage you lot to get your bumps out!!! First one is at 25 weeks, second at 39 weeks - these aren't meant to scare you by the way, just to reassure you with a BMI in the high 40's (at the time) You will definitely still have a baby bump!!!

https://i41.tinypic.com/5dorc2.jpg
https://i44.tinypic.com/2jfyhqo.jpg

wow, what an amazing beautiful bump :flower:

yay for bumps !!!!!

im feeling so much better bout stuff today

defo got a bump ladies, starting to get in the way of getting into tight parking spots, oh had to move the car so i could get in the other day!! :rofl:

and am struggling to get comfy at my desk cos its in the way!!

Hi ladies! Sorry I didn't update before, got an unexpected invite for a cuppa round my friends house late last night so didn't get chance.

Well, to be honest I think my 16wk appointment with the consultant was pretty much a waste of time lol! A midwife checked my blood pressure and then the consultant just sat there and said "hmmm I suppose you are here to see me because of your bmi? Well you will need a gtt (to which I replied I was already booked in for one) and if the results are negative you will just need a scan at 32wks to check on babies growth and you will also need an appointment with the anaesthetist because of your size to discuss options (to which the midwife then said "but they will contact you for that as it has nothing to do with us here in this dept")".

He then asked if we had any questions and that was that - he left the room!

I asked the midwife when I would get the chance to hear the heartbeat and she said its too early to do it now - which I was really disappointed about, but I've only got another 3wks til my next scan so not long to wait really.

Only plus side is they finally took a urine sample from me lol!!!

Hi ladies! Sorry I didn't update before, got an unexpected invite for a cuppa round my friends house late last night so didn't get chance.

Well, to be honest I think my 16wk appointment with the consultant was pretty much a waste of time lol! A midwife checked my blood pressure and then the consultant just sat there and said "hmmm I suppose you are here to see me because of your bmi? Well you will need a gtt (to which I replied I was already booked in for one) and if the results are negative you will just need a scan at 32wks to check on babies growth and you will also need an appointment with the anaesthetist because of your size to discuss options (to which the midwife then said "but they will contact you for that as it has nothing to do with us here in this dept")".

I asked the midwife when I would get the chance to hear the heartbeat and she said its too early to do it now - which I was really disappointed about, but I've only got another 3wks til my next scan so not long to wait really.

Midwife listend to mine at 16 weeks, she did say she might not be able to find it but found it straight away

The anaesthetist thing was a quick....Do you suffer with any of the following...to which said Epilepsy....Asked if i wanted a Epidural as part of my Birth plan...i said no...Asked to look down my throat and a quick look and feel in my back and told all was ok to carry on with a Epidural if i changed my mind....Only difference is that if i need a c section done i get a spinal block instead of and Epidural...Thought they were both the same but apparently there not...:wacko:....All done and dusted in 5 minutes......Glad all is progressing well for you
x

Hello all, I've posted on here a couple of times but haven't joined simply because I am waiting for confirmation that I actually am preggers again. First pregnancy ended in ms this time last year but this time around it also feels so completely different... in a good way! I really, really hope I am!

Hello all, I've posted on here a couple of times but haven't joined simply because I am waiting for confirmation that I actually am preggers again. First pregnancy ended in ms this time last year but this time around it also feels so completely different... in a good way! I really, really hope I am!

Awww welcome and congrats Hun :hugs:

Hi all, I wish to join this thread since I'm a big mom-to-be... I'm a size 22 and just found out I'm pregnant!! I was wondering... how long does it take for us plus size mommies to start showing some baby bump? I'm pretty curious...

Good luck to all with you pregnancies :hugs::kiss:

Hi all, I wish to join this thread since I'm a big mom-to-be... I'm a size 22 and just found out I'm pregnant!! I was wondering... how long does it take for us plus size mommies to start showing some baby bump? I'm pretty curious...

yey!! congrats! :happydance:

im a size 18 - 20 and got told by my bezzie that i was looking rounder at 16 weeks! but i dont think i showed until about 20-21 weeks.

H&H 9 months!

I think it has more to do with your hight, im tall and only look pregnant with certan clothes where as my best friend who is bigger than mebut a lot shorter had a massive bump by the time she was 15 weeks

Hello ladies, just a quick hi as having v. quiet morning (jacob stayed at his nanas last night) didnt get much sleep, not keen on him not being here with me, v. over protective mummy! just a reply to bigbetty, i was told that the hospital would prefer not to do c-sections on bigger people due to the risks associated with weight unless it was an emergency obviously, the more i hear from different people the more i believe the nhs are trying to scare and almost make an example out of bigger pregnant women, befor i was feeling anxious but it is slowly turning into irritation, making me more determined to do what i can to make my pregnancy as healthy as i possibly can, and stick it to them all! will stop now, hormonal outburst finished! on a nicer note booked a week in cornwall in october, yay, love cornwall!

i started looking pregnant this week i think, a few people have mentioned it to me!

im a size 20 UK, i am having fraternal twins with two placentas and two sace/amniotic fluid so maybe that affects it xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->