Any big momma's out there?

All his family is still over there so were over often.

Well had a family doo last night for OH;s cousins birthday and one of his aunts insisted on rubbing my tummy. All she was doing was making my flab wobble cos i dont have a bump yet. I am sooooo getting one of those hands of my bump tops.

sory for not updating yesterday,

we had bad news, our twin were boy and girl but the little boy had passed away,

i have been blessed enough for my daughter to stil be here,

R.I.P my little angel alfie,

its not fair that you were taken too soon, mummy and daddy love you lots xxxx

Oh terrri that is such awful news, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I will be praying for you and your little girl xxxxxxx

Hi Ladies, hope you are all well.

Had a bit of a shock today - midwife called from the antenatal clinic at the hospital to give me the results from my Down's blood test. Unfortunately I am higher risk with a 1:65 chance. She told me anything below 1:200 is higher risk.

I had a little cry before calling DH to let him know, but I wasn't upset because "oh my god my baby might have down's" I was upset at the thought that my baby might be poorly and what could I do to make it better.

We had a good chat about things when we got home from work and have decided not to have the amniocentesis because this baby is going to be so loved whether it is perfect, has down's or is missing a limb! And as hubby says it is only a 1.5% chance that it will have the condition.

He said he almost wishes I didn't have the blood test done now but I said that I don't because if we hadn't and our baby is born with down's it would be such a humongous shock, but at least now if it happens we will be slightly more prepared for the possibility.

We are going to see the midwife at the clinic on Thursday just for a chat - it was all a bit overwhelming when she was going through all the info on the phone today.

So we have just got to be positive now but I know that no matter what happens this baby is going to be so spoiled lol!!!

aww betty what a shock - but your attitude is in my eyes perfect.... huge hugs xxxxxxxx

Hey all, ive been following the thread, me and my partner have been trying to concieve for a while now and ive done the tests both show negative but all other symptoms match.... going to see the dr tonight for a urine test there and maybe some advice...

did anyone take metaformin while trying to concieve? i am too a bigger lady, im 22 years old and wear a size 22 in clothing...

Betty, Im sure your baby is perfect :hugs:

I didnt have the test as Im 31 and figured that age wise it wasnt a worry. Now our midwife still gave us the forms to take to the scan so we could decide at home. I dont know if you are aware but they take your weight into working out the risk (mine had been filled in already). That decided it for me. I knew my weight would give a higher risk, and I wouldnt want the amnio. Hopefully its come higher down to the weight for you.

Where the measurements for the neck fluid ok? When we had our scan we were told that level was fine and that was a very good indication that all was well.

I'm so sorry Terri :(

Betty that is a really good attitude to have; it is an incredibly small chance still even if you are 'high risk' and remember those blood tests are screening tests so the margin of error on them is quite high. If it is downs then I know your baby will be very much loved and cared for; and the outlook is so much better these days xx

Oh Betty, big hugs to you! I think you're absolutely right, this bubba will be loved and treasured regardless of any 'chromosomal abnormalities'! You are going to be an ace mum x

hey can I join this thread? I'm 34 and a size 20ish. But I weigh nearly (pretty much :D) 17st. I held it OK but already I'm feeling enormous and it's upsetting me :(

I have had issues with food in the past and I've tried to lose weight - lost 7lbs, then got sad/stressed, put it on and then got my BFP

So I'm cross with myself tbh, but I can't change it. I just didn't think I'd feel SO massive already! (5 weeks tomorrow) - the bloating/urgh is just crazy

I'm delighted to be pregnant and I want to deal with this feeling - any know what I'm on about? :D :blush:

Is anyone finding it hard to find maternity clothes. I can only find maternity up to a size 22 in the catalogues (ie littlewoods, additions, next), I'm a missing a trick...??

xx

Ive got 2 pairs of trousers from Simply Be maternity from ebay, Ive had to go a size down though. So I got a 22, instead of a 24 but I suspect the jeans could have gone down a size too as the legs are very big. Ive got black trousers which are perfect though! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->