Any big momma's out there?

Next maternity clothes go up to a size 22 and are really big. I was a size 22-24 last year when pregnant and had no problem fitting into their clothes. Their low bump band jeans were great but I never got big enough to fit into the over the bump jeans properly!

Hi ladies,
I was a size 18 pre pregnancy and am having trouble being scanned. They say there are very dense tissue in my tummy making it hard to get a clear image (I've had 8 scans!) anyone else have these problems?

Lil Star, I am a 16\18 and have never had any problems with my scans, can't see why they are finding it hard for you x

Hi ladies!

Thank you for all of your positive responses, it's nice to get such amazing support.

For any ladies larger than a size 22 and worrying about maternity clothes, there is a website called bon prix who do up to a size 30 at very reasonable prices.

Dorothy Perkins and Next both go up to a size 22 in their maternity wear.

I was a size 24 in work trousers and jeans before I fell pregnant. Now I know I have lost 2 stones and that will be a contributing factor, but before I had lost that much I bought a size 24 work trousers from bon prix and they literally fell round my ankles. So then I went and bought a size 22 from Dotty P's and the same has happened again!

Last week I ordered a pair of size 20 jeans from Next and they are a perfect fit! I am so happy lol!

You might find that you need a size or 2 smaller in maternity trousers because there isn't the waistband to hold them up - that is the trouble I have had - they just slipped down my hips. It's quite embarrassing walking around pulling your trousers up every 3 seconds lol!!!

I have the same, my size 16 mat jeans from Next are pulled right in and are still too big!!

hey ladiezzzz - had my docs appt - she said nowt bout my weight - whoooooooooooooooooooop

andi have a scan monday 9.30 am .................

how are we all ?

Hi all - just been and bought some maternity clothes from next - take a size 24 in evans and the 22 stuff in next fit me perfectly, with my bump! Looking forward to my 20 week scan on Wednesday...

How's everyone else?

Hi all, went for 12 week scan on monday and unfortunately could not find a heartbeat, had to return to hospital tuesday to ERPC op. Am absolutely gutted, this is my 3rd mc, i know my blood group doesnt help I am RH-, but really thought things would be different this time!

Hi Ladies, hope you are all well.

Had a bit of a shock today - midwife called from the antenatal clinic at the hospital to give me the results from my Down's blood test. Unfortunately I am higher risk with a 1:65 chance. She told me anything below 1:200 is higher risk.

I had a little cry before calling DH to let him know, but I wasn't upset because "oh my god my baby might have down's" I was upset at the thought that my baby might be poorly and what could I do to make it better.

We had a good chat about things when we got home from work and have decided not to have the amniocentesis because this baby is going to be so loved whether it is perfect, has down's or is missing a limb! And as hubby says it is only a 1.5% chance that it will have the condition.

He said he almost wishes I didn't have the blood test done now but I said that I don't because if we hadn't and our baby is born with down's it would be such a humongous shock, but at least now if it happens we will be slightly more prepared for the possibility.

We are going to see the midwife at the clinic on Thursday just for a chat - it was all a bit overwhelming when she was going through all the info on the phone today.

So we have just got to be positive now but I know that no matter what happens this baby is going to be so spoiled lol!!!

hi betty, the same happened to me with my son jacob who is now 5 and perfectly healthy, at 17 weeks we were asked to return to the hospital and told we had a high risk of downs (due to the blood tests) a 1 in 19 chance! My husband and i took the same approach, the invasive tests are not worth the risk and had already decided befor monday that we would take the same approach this time. keep positive, if you are worrried about any thing talk to the midwife or even your maternity unit and you can demand another ultra scan if you want one, we did with jacob and we had to wait a bit but they scanned me to check him and it was a great relief at the time just to see him there on the screen.

Hi all, went for 12 week scan on monday and unfortunately could not find a heartbeat, had to return to hospital tuesday to ERPC op. Am absolutely gutted, this is my 3rd mc, i know my blood group doesnt help I am RH-, but really thought things would be different this time!

Sorry huni :hugs: thoughts are with you xxx

sorry i havnt posted for a while ladies, was too painful to come on.

but i have to be positive for the duchess who i am still lucky enough to have, she is growing well, she has had a massive growth spurt, growing 6 weeks in 3 weeks, which they have put down to her brother passing away. its been hard to accept, ive had no bleeding and they said that i wont, i will have to carry him until his sister arrives :(

ive been in the hospital, having tests etc, got to have an mri scan as they believe my prolactinoma is getting bigger, i refused it at first but they said the risks of the tumour outweigh the risks to the baby from the MRI. so im just waiting for that appointment to come thru :(

i cant wait until something goes right! all im wishing for now is for duchess to remain healthy and to arrive safe and sound, they have told me because of the pressure caused by the prolactinoma i wnt be able to deliver naturally so i am goin to have a section early :(

i so want this baby, and i wnt rest until she is here in my arms, n then i will probably find something else to worry about :( xxxxxx

Just wanted to say 'hello' and join your group! I'm a big girl too, size 20/22 at 5'10. I lost 3 stone before I got pregnant and since being pregnant have lost another stone. I do worry about having a high BMI with being pregnant though. Most medical people I have seen have been ok about it, my blood pressure etc has been fine so far. But I had a complete knob at my 20 week scan who was so rude and I have to go back in 2 weeks for a re-scan due to my weight.

So hello to you all and hope you are having a good day! :)

Hi Ladies,

Terrri - I just can't imagine what you must be going through, sending lots of love and positive thoughts your way sweetie. You don't have to apologise for not posting, we completely understand.

sossypops - welcome to the club. Sorry to hear you had such a crappy experience at your 20wk scan - I have mine a wk on tues and I hope I don't suffer the same.

I'm quite anxious for my scan now actually because I had a fall at work today. I didn't realise that someone had mopped the floor and as I stepped on it my foot just slipped away from me and the next thing I know I've done the splits and landed on my rather large posterior!

Luckily I didn't really twist my belly and everything seems to be ok. I rang the hospital and explained what had happened and they were happy for me not to go in but said if I started to get any pains or felt worse to call them again straight away.

Little Haricot has been quite active tonight though - letting mummy know that everything is ok hopefully!

Hi Ladies,

Terrri - I just can't imagine what you must be going through, sending lots of love and positive thoughts your way sweetie. You don't have to apologise for not posting, we completely understand.

sossypops - welcome to the club. Sorry to hear you had such a crappy experience at your 20wk scan - I have mine a wk on tues and I hope I don't suffer the same.

I'm quite anxious for my scan now actually because I had a fall at work today. I didn't realise that someone had mopped the floor and as I stepped on it my foot just slipped away from me and the next thing I know I've done the splits and landed on my rather large posterior!

Luckily I didn't really twist my belly and everything seems to be ok. I rang the hospital and explained what had happened and they were happy for me not to go in but said if I started to get any pains or felt worse to call them again straight away.

Little Haricot has been quite active tonight though - letting mummy know that everything is ok hopefully!

sorry bout fall hun, scary isn't it !!!

due to my disability i normally fall all the time and i am trying to be soo carefull - almost went ov er today but managed to right myself !!

hope everyone is ok xxxx

Betty as long as you dident land on your tummy im sure you will be fine, baby is well padded with lots of fluid and wont have felt a thing.

Gimgams - so sorry for your loss hon. Terri - good to have you back hon, hope you're being well looked after by your family.

had my scan today 7 plus 2 - now due 2nd april .................

I saw a heartbeat n everything sooooooooooooooo happy cant stop crying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->