Any big momma's out there?

Hiya,

I'm only a size 14/16 and 5 ft 3 but my BMI was 34 when they weighed me at 12 wks. I had been on a diet and got it down to 31 before I conceived but hey ho. I'm having a glucose test too - are these really horrid? The midwife at the hospital ante-natal clinic tried to convince me to go on slimmers world during my pregnancy but we just can't afford it and to be honest I don't really want to be a guinea pig for a government scheme when it comes to my baby.
The hospital mid-wife made me feel terrible for being overweight - I don't drink, I don't smoke and my blood pressure/heart rate are both perfect. It's not like I'm a drug addict! Sorry to rant but having had a flick through I can see that plenty of other people have been treated as badly because of their weight.

Hi LittleMrs :)

I've had to do the glucose test twice. They made me do it very early on (like 7 or 8 weeks) because my size makes me high risk :( Then I had to do it again when everyone else here normally does it, around 28 weeks. It's not that bad, but I think it's different depending on where you live. I've heard of people having to fast for 10-12 hours, but I only had to fast for 3. They make you drink this orange crap and sit there for 1-2 hours (I had to sit for 1, but have heard of people having to sit for 2), then they take your blood. It's boring, but not too bad.
I haven't been treated too terribly for being large during this pregnancy, thankfully. But my doctor has made it sound like I'm doomed for certain things because of my size. She made it sound like I was doomed to have gestational diabetes, but I passed both tests. Now she's making it sound like I'm doomed to have a jumbo baby. I have a growth scan on Friday, so we'll get more of an idea then. (Although my stomach is measuring larger than it should be, so she might be right!!) I have been treated poorly in the past by doctors for being large though!
Are slimmers like diet pills? I'm not sure what they are...but good for you for not doing it! It's just not worth the risk.
Try not to let them bother you (easier said than done, I know)...it sounds like you're doing a good job so far, and are pretty healthy :)

Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing good and hi to newbies!

I haven't had any bad vibes from anyone yet and I'm 31 weeks tomo!!! Eeeekkkkk time is ticking quickly now!!!!!

Still measuring big though. Gtt came back clear so just gotta wait for scan in 3 wks! Measuring 35 wks today!!! Eeekk !!

Hi LittleMrs :)

I've had to do the glucose test twice. They made me do it very early on (like 7 or 8 weeks) because my size makes me high risk :( Then I had to do it again when everyone else here normally does it, around 28 weeks. It's not that bad, but I think it's different depending on where you live. I've heard of people having to fast for 10-12 hours, but I only had to fast for 3. They make you drink this orange crap and sit there for 1-2 hours (I had to sit for 1, but have heard of people having to sit for 2), then they take your blood. It's boring, but not too bad.
I haven't been treated too terribly for being large during this pregnancy, thankfully. But my doctor has made it sound like I'm doomed for certain things because of my size. She made it sound like I was doomed to have gestational diabetes, but I passed both tests. Now she's making it sound like I'm doomed to have a jumbo baby. I have a growth scan on Friday, so we'll get more of an idea then. (Although my stomach is measuring larger than it should be, so she might be right!!) I have been treated poorly in the past by doctors for being large though!
Are slimmers like diet pills? I'm not sure what they are...but good for you for not doing it! It's just not worth the risk.
Try not to let them bother you (easier said than done, I know)...it sounds like you're doing a good job so far, and are pretty healthy :)

Yeah, I've been told that I can't eat or drink anything except water from 10 the night before. Oh well, such is life and if it's good for the baby then I reckon it'll be ok. The programme they wanted me to go on was a bit like weight watchers - it's a pilot scheme they're trying in certain areas of the uk with a hope of introducing it for all larger mums to be. I just don't fancy being the first to try it because they obviously don't know if it's going to work or not and are trying to get statistical data either was.

I totally agree with you LittleMrs...I am a huge Weight Watchers advocate, but not in pregnancy, especially if it's a pilot project! It's just not worth the risk. I'm a bigger lady, and my doctor specifically told me not to try and lose weight during my pregnancy. Maybe it's because some people would go overboard, so they just tell everyone not to, I don't know. Either way, it's probably not a good idea. I think you made a good decision not to do it :)

Heres my 22 week bump pic.

https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/SAM_0811.jpg

Wow lozzy - your "b" has almost completely popped out - I am sooooo jealous!!!

I don't look pregnant at all - in the slightest! There is plenty of time yet though lol.

Wow lozzy - your "b" has almost completely popped out - I am sooooo jealous!!!

I don't look pregnant at all - in the slightest! There is plenty of time yet though lol.

Im sure you do. I still think i dont and keep getting told off for it.

Bump is coming along nicely lozzy!

Betty, bet if you take pics and compare a few weeks you will see a difference.

Am really feeling mine now with getting out car and sofa. Even washing up! Feels weird cos it's a hard belly rather than jelly belly, which is what I am used to having! Lol

Oh can't stop rubbing it was he goes past me, bless him.

Am soooo excited, finally my nursery is being started tomoz. OH and his DS are gona make a start, can't wait to see it all up and me to put things on it's place. :cloud9:

Me neither, Betty. My OH says I do but I just look like I've swollen around the waist - not in a bump way.

Lozzy - you're bump is awesome! So jealous (in a good way, obviously).

Well ladies, I may be big, I may be nearly 7 months pregnant but Ive been informed Im a MILF, and not by my husband :shock:

This bloke knows my husband too, and always has been a boob staring pervert. So for the most part Im thinking he is just trying his luck (and badly pushing it) but Im taking it as a little ego boost too.

Hi ladies....scan tomorrow!! Very excited, but had a scare today when I found dark red, thick blood when I wiped after a wee....called MW and she said to wear a pad and to go in if it got bad. No more blood yet (fx) and was abel to find bean on doppler so feeling ok, though still nervous.

Does this worry ever end????!!!

Lozzy - bumpalicious!
Sarafused - we shoudl call this the hot momma's thread!

Fingers crossed for you sweetie - let us know how you get on xxxxxxx

Hi all!

Had my scan today!
The woman found baby straight away (i was worried she wouldnt cuz i have a big belly), and prodded the probe into my belly and the baby started wriggling!! :)
She put me forward one day to 12 + 2 and due on the 2nd March!! :happydance:

Im trying to upload the scan photo but it wont let me.
I'll try tomorrow.

xxxx

Yay so pleased it went well for you! I have my 2nd scan next Tuesday and am so excited - hopefully we will find out which team we are on!!

awesome! Ohh which team you are on! For me I was thinking girl, but instantly when i saw baby on screen i had a strong feeling its a boy! 8weeks till we find out hehe!! So betty which team do you think you're on? X x

Well, it's a boy!!! All well - mw said blood was probably something and nothing as it was old (dark red) and not much of it.

Scan was great - had a trainee sonographer so it took ages, lots of detail and free piccies! Solomon showed off his little winkle quite happily, although it was hard to see his face as he kept turning away. Camera shy, my son!

awesome! Ohh which team you are on! For me I was thinking girl, but instantly when i saw baby on screen i had a strong feeling its a boy! 8weeks till we find out hehe!! So betty which team do you think you're on? X x

It's funny you ask because before I got pregnant, for ages before, I just had this feeling for some reason that I was going to have a girl, and I was adamant about it. Since I got my bfp I have been calling haricot "he" so to be honest I have absolutely no idea which team we are on lol. DH is convinced it's a girl though - only 6 days to wait though (legs being uncrossed depending of course lol)

Well, it's a boy!!! All well - mw said blood was probably something and nothing as it was old (dark red) and not much of it.

Scan was great - had a trainee sonographer so it took ages, lots of detail and free piccies! Solomon showed off his little winkle quite happily, although it was hard to see his face as he kept turning away. Camera shy, my son!

Congratulations Amy - I'm so pleased everything is well and that Solomon didn't keep his legs crossed lol.

Has anyone here been told they are measuring ahead? I'm supposed to measure 30-34, but am measuring 36. I have a growth scan on Friday to get a better idea of how big my baby is, and I'm really nervous! When I had my private 3D scan, the tech said she looked "chubby"! Now, I'm totally okay with having a chubby baby (I think chubby babies are super cute) but I'm scared they're going to tell me she's going to be a 12 pounder or something ridiculous like that! If she is jumbo, does anyone know what the worst case scenario is? Would they induce me early?
Sorry, I'm just really nervous...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->