Any big momma's out there?

Hi ya, I'm measuring big. Am 31 and measured 35 this week. Midwife not too concerned as I got scan at 34 wks. May just get induced early Hun. Don't think they will let baby get too big!

So i had my appointment with the anaesthetist today, as soon as I walked in there I felt uncomfortable. This is my first bad experience during my pregnancy.

I have a bmi of 40 so yes I am over weight which is why I had the appoint.*

There was a student nurse with him and they both looked at me and agreed I didn't look that overweight. I am bottom heavy and my bump is up front. *

He explained to me that they wud prefer me to have an epidural wake rather than later cos I 'might' have problems!*

Well from the start I said I wanted to try and do most of it on my own and if I needed more pain relief I wud have it.*

Anyway he started going on about c-sections and checking my mouth in case of general! And checked my back to see if he could find my spine. Which he cud. * *I felt like a right fattie wen I now I actually carry my weight well as I am
Tall.*

I am now freaking out and getting upset that my relaxed state of mind and positive thoughts about experiencing labour are gobs be shattered by medics telling me to get on the epidural very early on cos I am a fattie and that's how they like to roll!

Has anyone with a high bmi actually given birth without all the epidurals? I need some hope!

Hey sweetie, sorry to hear you didn't have a positive meeting with the anaesthetist :-(

I will have to see one too as my bmi at my booking appointment was about 42 - I have lost over 2 stone since then but am obviously still a big girl.

No-one can tell you what to do, they can only give you details to make an informed choice.

The way they give you these details is sometimes the problem. They think they know best and so assume that you will just go along with whatever they say without question - when really they know nothing about you and your medical history and they don't care that you are a human being with feelings and a mind of your own.

Make sure you have written notes on your birth plan and how you want things to go and make sure you give a copy to the midwife when you go into hospital.

Stay positive and trust that you know your own body. Don't let these people turn your special time into a disaster by talking down to you and making you feel like a second class citizen.

Chin up sweetie - everything will be worth it when you hold your special little gift in your arms xxxxx

Well said hun.

Can't remember if updated here but had me a scan and bubs is well. Better than me ! Had to have doc out last night info in post in first tri.

Well said hun.

Can't remember if updated here but had me a scan and bubs is well. Better than me ! Had to have doc out last night info in post in first tri.

So i had my appointment with the anaesthetist today, as soon as I walked in there I felt uncomfortable. This is my first bad experience during my pregnancy.

I have a bmi of 40 so yes I am over weight which is why I had the appoint.*

There was a student nurse with him and they both looked at me and agreed I didn't look that overweight. I am bottom heavy and my bump is up front. *

He explained to me that they wud prefer me to have an epidural wake rather than later cos I 'might' have problems!*

Well from the start I said I wanted to try and do most of it on my own and if I needed more pain relief I wud have it.*

Anyway he started going on about c-sections and checking my mouth in case of general! And checked my back to see if he could find my spine. Which he cud. * *I felt like a right fattie wen I now I actually carry my weight well as I am
Tall.*

I am now freaking out and getting upset that my relaxed state of mind and positive thoughts about experiencing labour are gobs be shattered by medics telling me to get on the epidural very early on cos I am a fattie and that's how they like to roll!

Has anyone with a high bmi actually given birth without all the epidurals? I need some hope!

Wanting you to have one earler on is nothing to do with your size. Its easer to put an epidural in some one who is just in a bit of discomfort rather than some one who is not coping and in agony. That goes for skinny, normal or big people.

My mam and best friend were both big and they did it with out an epidural and my brother was over 11lb

Yes it is easier to put an epidural in someone earlier than later but they were pushing me to thinking this was my only option.

I posted this in 3rd tri and there are ladies on there who been thru same thing and ended up with gas n air do am feeling a bit better now.

Sorry needed to rant as I was upset. I am a heavy person but am solid not flabby so have never looked as much as I weigh.

Gona carry on with my relaxation tracks and start my raspberry tea leaf next week and hope for the best.

I will speak to midwife/ doctor and tell them my plan and see what they say.

Its allways your and only your choice. They want to do them earlier for an easier time not because its medicaly proven to be better.

Good Morning Ladies! Hope everyone is well.

What are we all up to today?

It's my day off so I am going swimming this morning with a friend and then I'm going for lunch with another friend - a very social day for me!

Morning, Betty. Sounds like a very relaxing day.

Wish I cud go swimming, had to cut it down cos of my spd. Started to hurt afterwards.

I'm putting the nursery bits up today. OH and son put it together the other day so I just need to 'turn' it into a nursery now!

Ooooh how exciting! DH and I have a fortnight off soon and so we are going to start painting our nursery.

I have been wanting to go for a swim for ages but the local leisure centre has been closed over a year now for refurbishment - it reopened yesterday so am looking forward to seeing the new facilities!

Suppose I had better finish packing my kit and have some brekkie before I set off - enjoy putting your nursery together xxxxx

Evening Betty,

OH and I spent the day clearing out one of the spare rooms and taking carloads down to the recycling centre, which means that I've spent the entire day sneezing because I'm allergic to dust - yay. Half done and nursery also half done - we're clearing out so much rubbish it looks more like we're emigrating than having a baby. Want to be done before my holiday finishes on Sept 1st.

Afternoon ladies :) We have our nursery half way painted which is good. Slow but good, and my mother turned up with a surprise of our pram last night so that was pretty exciting last night as well. Now to find somewhere to put it for 3 months hehe.

Hi guys, Im pretty plus sized I use to wear a large in shirts and a xxl in pants.

But now I cant wear any pants without using a rubber band as a button extension, and my stomach is pretty round and 14 almost 15 weeks.

Nice to meet you all

hi all,

finding it a lil easier to come back here now, seen the duchess today at a scan which has put my mind at ease, she seems to be grumpy and stubborn just like her daddy :)

im glad to hear everything is ok well with you betty xxx

welcome to all the new ladies xxx

Hi everyone...
I have my growth scan in an hour and I'm so nervous!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->