Any DECEMBER babies out there?!?

Sooo many ladies it's hard to keep up!

Sigh - I read that your uterus grows from being the size of a plum to the size of an apple in week 5, guessing that continues, so that'll help explain the bump. So exciting! I'm getting on and off bloating. Very annoying.

Clara - Twins would be amazing!! Hope the sickness eases. Have you found anything that helps ease it?

Royalequus - Congrats! Can;t imagine what trying for that long must have been like. I was getting fed up with 9 months.

happywtwoboys - NOt sure about the smoked fish. If it;s fresh fish and freshly smoked I'd say it's fine. I would just maybe limit it to once a week. I think we can eat cooked smoked fish but not cold, like cold smoked salmon.

Madeline - I'm with you on the bbs. I even find them painful lying in bed. Are you a twin?

My only real symptoms so far is sore bbs and maybe an improved sense of smell. I also get a blocked nose in the morning. I'm only 4 weeks 2 days. I expect I'll get more symptoms towards the end of the week. Going to call my GP today to book an appointment.

has anyone told work yet? Im lucky as i work from home so rarely see my colleagues but when do you normally tell them? I was hoping to get my apprisal first but i dont think thats going to happen any time before im 12 weeks and chances are ill have to meet up with someone in the next 4 weeks at least once. :S

I don't think you legally have to tell work for ages. 15 weeks before the beginning of the week you are due to be precise.

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/parents/moneyandworkentitlements/workandfamilies/dg_10026556

If you're not happy telling them yet then don't feel you have to.

December is such a loooong way away. I need some coping ideas so i can survive the long wait. i'm only 6 weeks I have a whole 34 more to go. i keep worring about the baby, and stressing about everything i eat. Help!!!!

has anyone told work yet? Im lucky as i work from home so rarely see my colleagues but when do you normally tell them? I was hoping to get my apprisal first but i dont think thats going to happen any time before im 12 weeks and chances are ill have to meet up with someone in the next 4 weeks at least once. :S

I'm still off work from losing our baby in Dec but going back in May. Il tell the senior charge nurse and hope I don't have to tell anyone else. But the nature of my job meant that last time I had to tell my colleagues at about8 weeks, cause they kept trying to send me home for 48 hrs when I had morning sickness, so that I didn't infect the ward :blush: but I think it's personal choice think you have to put it in writing after maybe 20 weeks!

UPDATE!!

I was in the ER today with horrible morning sickness!!! My hormones are off the charts and i'm booked for a MULTIPLES scan at the end of this week!!!!! They said that with this being my 5th pregnancy, the fact that im still lactating, AND my crazy hormones that im most likely carrying TWINS!!!! Time will tell......:happydance:

Sorry if I am getting behind with my replies! Although this could be a very exciting week I am still VERY SICK!!

Exciting!!

When you get referred to a midwife, where do you see her? Is it at the hospital youll give birth in?

Hello ladies,

Hope I'm not too late to the party. My EDD going off LMP is 17th December.

I finally went to the GP and had blood tests done on Saturday @ 5w5d and the results came back today with hcg @ 37,050, so feeling reassured ... for now :)

Congratulations and happy, healthy 9 months to us all and bring on Christmas babies :happydance:

Cheers

hi bean

I know wat you mean I am having trouble if I turn over and lie on them at night.

Hey does anyone have some info on the normal ranges for BHCG at 4 weeks and 1 day? I got blood test results today first ones - progesterone 145 which i think is ok but BHCG is 60 not sure if that is too low or not.?

Madeline xxx
PS My partner has twins in his family.

When you get referred to a midwife, where do you see her? Is it at the hospital youll give birth in?

I dont think so. Im seeing my MW at a community centre, apparently some go to your home so I dont think you constantly have to go to the hospital.

Agree with the nicki. I think you see a midwife at a community centre or your GP practice at first. I know there is a midwife at my local practice. You don't need to decide in your hospital just yet.

Madeline - I think it's the doubling rate that is important. Have they booked another blood test. I think the HCG range is massive. 60 at 4 weeks 1 day is fine I think. The link below show's the range's. How many DPO are you roughly?

BetaBase

Hi ladies, hope you are all ok. I'm feeling sorry for myself today, full of cold and feeling pants :-(
Also I've just made a daft mistake. I've been paranoid as my boobs don't hurt as much today so I've just retested. I've just freaked out as the line is no darker than it was when I tested on Saturday and I had such a dark line when I was pregnant with my daughter.
Then I realised I hadn't even tested once at this point with my daughter as I waited until I was a whole week late, and when I tested Saturday I used first morning pee and today it was late morning and 3 drinks later...
Probably therefore have nothing to worry about but can't shake the uneasy feeling.
As a second timer I forgot just how nerve wracking early first tri is x

starlight i know exactly what you mean. this is my second pregnancy and every day i am wanting really strong pregnancy signs, i'm sure i had them 1st time round. but i also cant remember being 5 wks pregnant i only really remember from 9 wks +.
I just feel like im coming down with something but felt like this for a week all stuffy at night. I tested 1 day before AF and got a very weak + then 2 days after AF due and it was stronger then tested 6 days after and the + line showed before the control line.
Should'nt wish my pregnancy time away but cant wait for 12wk scan! x

I know what you mean jrlb32

While we were TTC I promised myself I would take it easy and enjoy being pregnant this time around, even in first tri, as we are only planning on having 2 children.
I'm a bit disappointed in myself really as I only got my BFP 2 days back and I'm spiralling into panic already...
Deep breaths... need to chill out... x

did it take you long starlight TTC #2? We have been so lucky, I came off pill in Feb and got my BFP in April. x Congrats x

did it take you long starlight TTC #2? We have been so lucky, I came off pill in Feb and got my BFP in April. x Congrats x

Congrats to you too hun :thumbup:

No, we were very lucky too and we got our BFP in our second cycle of TTC :cloud9: x

hi Bean

thks for the link. I think I am 4 weeks and 1 day approx and I ovulated on day 10 or 11. That seems too low based on those ranges its definitely confusing...

I think you are right about the doubling every few days though I think that is really important. I have another blood test this week and then next monday and then next thursday to keep track of whether the bhcg levels are going up quickly enough.

Madeline xx

It's so easy to lose control. I too keep thinking why I don't feel more symptoms, but I guess when I'm 7 weeks I won't have to worry about no symptoms.

I did a test both 2 and 3 days ago and they were both really faint (still early) so I keep saying to myself that if the embryo does not get stuck to the lining I will have my periods today or tomorrow. No running to get another test... :winkwink:

And really there is nothing one can do for these first few weeks but to hope for the best.

Good luck to all of your.

hi Bean

thks for the link. I think I am 4 weeks and 1 day approx and I ovulated on day 10 or 11. That seems too low based on those ranges its definitely confusing...

I think you are right about the doubling every few days though I think that is really important. I have another blood test this week and then next monday and then next thursday to keep track of whether the bhcg levels are going up quickly enough.

Madeline xx

I'm sure everything will be just fine. You may have just implanted late. It's so hard not to worry but try not to. Everything crossed it's a sticky bean!

I'm addicted to testing too. Managed not to test today. Going to use a digi tomorrow then stop. When I got my BFP I ordered more tests on line. They are still not here. Gonna try and send them straight back for a refund rather than waste the money.

jrlb - You are so lucky. Took us 9 months, stopped the pill 3 months before we started trying too. But I was on it 12 years straight. Never going back on.

Starlight- Don't worry about the tests. Your urine would have been way more dilute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->